BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

This is why slow burn romances for serialized programming is the best. There was all that build up to the inevitable and then the inevitable didn't happen. Luke and Jessica 2.0, except at least Luke and Jessica had the opportunity to have epic sex before cancellation.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I don't think Freeform was the problem. Like I said before the show was boring & uninteresting especially in season 2. "Cloak & Dagger" needed better writers/producers. The show would've been better off if the same producers who did "Runaways" also did C&D.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Well that's subjective if you think it was slow and boring. Others didn't feel that way obviously. But Freeform has been cancelling shows quick leading to backlash. There has been some backlash to this decision as well leading to Cloak and Dagger being #1 on trending for part of yesterday evening. Anyway if it was on Hulu it probably would have had a better chance. Although the exec producer must take much of the blame by squandering all of that momentum.

5. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

She's in a long-term relationship with Ned Nickerson, a white teen in the books. This is no surprise given the fact that Nancy Drew was created in 1930, when interracial love was seen primarily as taboo. The outcry against the publisher would have caused a firestorm and forced them out of business. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Yeah, but unfortunately knowing Hollywood they'll probably throw in a love triangle to "spice" things up. lol. I hope they don't especially since episode 3 explored and tested their strength and made them a strong couple.

8. ColiBreh1

Watching this past week's episode of "Legacies" (Season 2, Episode 3) right now...

Is MG just destined to be friendzoned by Lizzie? Dude is such a simp. She really got him helping her get with some other dude. LOL.

9. SilverSmith

The new season of Legacies is a spectacular bore, I hate to admit. Season one was exuberant with sharp storytelling; the opposite is true now.
    I'm going to wait a few more episodes before making a decision whether to drop it altogether.

10. darkcurry

It looks like they are going for the love story build. Plus there is something strange going on with dude
    MG can't see him. And I don't think anybody but Lizzy could see him. Strange.

Also they gave a hint when they were on the bench at that football game that she has feelings towards MG with the way she looked at him.

11. darkcurry

I kind of agree. But strange thing is happening I never seen before and that is their ratings for the premiere started out low but kept going up with each week. lol.

Episode 3 was a lot better than the first two and the previews for episode 4 looks pretty good.

It's good with Raphael being back since he is the fan favorite male of the show. A rare thing where the black male character is more desirable to the female audience and more badass to the male audience than the white male lead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

Watching last week's episode of "Godfather of Harlem" (Season 1, Episode 4) right now...

Besides Lucy Fry & Kelvin Harrison Jr.'s ongoing IR (BTW in this episode they're thinking about moving to L.A. because they see the celebrity IRRs in the hollywood magazines & think they they can be together freely if they move out there), in this episode a WW named Amy Vanderbilt (played by Joanne Kelly) that Bumpy Johnson has previously had an on & off affair with in the past is in town for business & she's basically trying to throw it at him all episode despite him turning her down because he wants to stay loyal to his current wife.:

https://notallwonder.tumblr.com/post/188571618034/joanne-kelly-as-amy-vanderbilt-in-godfather-of

@darkcurry You caught up on this?

13. darkcurry

I'm on episode 3 right now. I'll be watching this episode sometime this week. Pretty good show. I would say it should be nominated but these award shows just seem to pick personal favorites and has rarely outside of The Good Place has nominated these shows with IR in them. I still shake my head at how Sorry For Your Loss didn't get nominated for an Emmy. But this is a really good show.

14. SilverSmith

15. ColiBreh1

LOL. If the IR on "Godfather of Harlem" was a LGBT 'ship, it would get nominated & win all types of awards. Same for probably for "Sorry for your Loss" too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

Did y'all stick with "Jett" for the rest of the season? I wanna know if it's worth bingeing the rest of the season.

17. darkcurry

I just finished it and it started off strong but lingered in between. But the season finale finished strong. If they get a season 2 I'll tune in again. It was a nice stylish noir thriller.

18. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Overall the show is good and the storyline remained engaging.

However it would ultimately disappoint me so far as the whole Jett and Quinn thing goes. If that is why you are interested in finishing up the season you may not want to bother. I can spoil what happened for you if you want to know. Or you can go in blind when finishing it. Let me know.

19. darkcurry

20. darkcurry