BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Back in March when Mark Webber was originally casted as Jake Johnson's character, Grey McConnell, all the Hollywood trade publications (Deadline, Variety, TVLine, The Hollywood Reporter, & etc) mentioned that Grey is Cobie Smulders' lead character's, Dex Parios, best friend & has an unrequited crush on her.

Well after seeing the controversy of Mark Webber being recasted/replaced by Jake Johnson for the role of Grey play out (Mark Webber claimed the reason he was recasted out of the role because ABC wanted a more handsome actor playing the role.) Not only is Jake Johnson supposedly a more handsome actor, Jake is much more familiar, recognizable, & well-known actor to the general public. Common sense should tell you that they'll be some type of triangle.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised. But from what we have been seeing so far it doesn't look like it. No hint from Cobie when describing her relationship with the characters in that first look preview. So that will still be judging something we aren't sure of. Could be right, could be wrong. We'll see.

3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I think love triangles are the lowest form of writing available and if I get a whiff of one, I break out, but if I were inclined to watch this show I wouldn’t worry about it. Michael Ealy can fend for himself with Jake Johnson.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Olsen is a widow struggling to put her life back together after the unexpected death of her husband in Facebook Watch's critically-acclaimed drama, Sorry for Your Loss.

The series returns Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 12 p.m. PT/3 p.m. ET with the first three of 10 half-hour episodes. All of Season 1 is available for streaming on the platform, peeps.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

They're so tight lipped on this upcoming season. I'm anxious to see what will happen with Danny and Leigh since she discovered that message.

6. SilverSmith

I think we're going to see Leigh define herself further this season, as she manages to cope with sadness and possibly unbearable guilt if she chooses to respond positively to Danny's strong emotions. The fallout will be seismic.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The backend of the first season lost a bit of steam as it drifted to the more conventional fare of dramatic situational writing. There were lots of dramatic contrivances late - the explicit declaration of Danny's longing for her included. I want to see it, but hope it reclaims the realism of the first half of the previous season. She was an asshole in the beginning and lost that element of her character which I found annoying but very real in terms of a depiction of a real person. People are assholes.

8. SilverSmith

Perfect timing.
    At last, this morning, Facebook Watch released the first official trailer for Sorry For Your Loss season two.

9. darkcurry

Yes finally! And OMG It looks very uncomfortable between her and Danny. Glad to see Matt back(in the flashbacks of course) Mamoudou Athie didn't get enough credit especially by these award shows for his performance in this series.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summer series I stumbled upon last month and have been catching up via OnDemand. Not too sophisticated in the plot but its the CW so that is to be expected. I was a bit surprised at how early they showed the IR bedroom scenes and how often too. These shows often can take 17 or more episodes before the brotha (Thomas) finally gets to second base but not here. I tried to find the gifs but was unsuccessful. Thomas strikes me as a bit too effeminate at times but I'm trying to reserve judgment until I see the entire season. At least he is getting some though and that is no small feat on this network were love triangles are as commonplace as stars in the galaxy

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mike Johnson: 'A Black Bachelor Should Have Been Cast'

Bachelor In Paradise alum, Mike Johnson, has agreed with Rachel Lindsay that ABC should have cast a Black Bachelor - after it was announced that Peter Weber would be the network's next Bachelor.

"Congratulations to Peter first and foremost. Then in regards to what Rachel was saying, I do agree with Rachel, that after 24 Bachelors, a black Bachelor should have been cast. But at the same time, ABC has been successful. They know what they're doing for their audience. They know what they're looking for. I wasn't the guy they were looking for at the moment," he said during an interview with Entertainment Tonight.''

The network is facing backlash from the public after Peter was named as the next Bachelor instead of fan-favorite, Mike.

Mike says ABC should also consider other people of color:

"I think of diversity more than just black and white. And yes, Peter has a Cuban mom, but let's just be honest -- he's white, right? And that's just being completely transparent. I think that there should be an Asian lead, an Indian lead... diversity is not just black and white. It's not just salt and pepper."

Mike is currently rumored to now be dating pop singer Demi Lovato.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1t4cACnrte/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=XYT7pQABAAEdXnFIxQvTbKHqseq0

12. darkcurry

Two things about this to pay attention to. He said "They know what they're doing for their audience." and "The network is facing backlash from the public after Peter was named as the next Bachelor instead of fan-favorite, Mike."

That says they actually aren't doing what the audience wants. I seen the backlash on twitter so he is right which means The Bachelor audience has changed. They're doing what THEY want and they obviously don't want a black bachelor so imo I say let's leave it alone and people should do their own version but make it more appealing to the audience. They didn't do it after that lawsuit so chances are they won't. Fuck 'em. lol.

Black men aren't suffering in the dating world because The Bachelor don't want them. Especially Mike Johnson. But here is my thing how come NO Bachelorette has ever picked the black guy? Maybe 8 to 10 years ago I could see it, but now it doesn't make any sense that in the last at least 5 years not one of those white women were interested in the black men yet on the BiP show they gravitate towards black men all the time. That leads me to believe that this whole franchise is staged. Which means they are purposely not letting the female pick a black guy or picking a black bachelor.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The Bachelor has been on the air since 2002 they're not changing a damn thing LMAO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Weird photo however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I wish to God we would stop doing this inclusion shit when no other group of color ever tries to include anyone else. Even when they are in charge they won't even cast other people of their culture ie Mindy Khaling and Aziz Ansari.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Had you seen Stuber?

17. darkcurry

Finally got around to watching AHS:1984 earlier and it might be nothing but there was a moment between Ray(Deron Horton) and Brooke(Emma Roberts).
    [​IMG]

Overall it was a good start to this season setting up a pretty cool and spoofy-esque ode to 80's slasher flicks.

18. The Dark King

No can't say that I have.

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Aziz hooked it up on the second season, but the #metooed him, so I don’t think he is trying to do that again. He will probably just do what he wants. I wish more brothas would make shows for brothas instead of trying to appease these creepy ass predators. It is what it is.

20. The Dark King

I do think its weird that his character lives in NY and literally the only women he wants are white. I get preference we all have them but it doesn't make sense to me considering his background.