The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I was going to leave that out, but every anime loving black female I’ve ever known or seen, had a white boyfriend. While simultaneously bad-mouthing black men wearing Kawaii pastels.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's what they named the TV show. No explanation by them.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Wanda and Vision, right?

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think of that.

I'm ok with what most of Marvel has planned. My only complaint is that they should have went with Wesley for Blade. Not that I expected it, but still a huge let down.

Blade 2 was a great movie.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I guess I'll look at it sort of like Bonnie and Clyde. They must have a different type of story in the making.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Dumb name. Why couldn't it be The Vision and the Scarlet Witch like the comic?

9. RicardoCooper

I'm taking the MCU on a case by case basis now. I see the whole feminist Mary Sue SJW Disney agenda rearing its ugly head, just like Star Wars and Lucasfilm. Don't @ me.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't think it will turn out bad. People thought they were going to go overboard with captain marvel.

From what I understand Thor was a woman at some point in the comics so I don't know why some people see an issue there. Having a woman version of the same supero hero is kinda lame, but that's what they do.

11. meowkittenmeow

The Boys television show is interesting, having watched the first episode.

However, I would like to add that there are...
    [​IMG]
    [\SPOILER]

12. darkcurry

Im going to try to binge The Boys later tonight. If not I'll make it a whole weekend watch. I'm very interested in how this is going to play out.

13. RicardoCooper

The name is the show is the fucking BOYS.

14. meowkittenmeow

I’m aware.

15. RicardoCooper

Haha I watched the first two eps. Different from the comic, but really good. The comic is a lot more scuzzy.

16. darkcurry

That was creepy as fuck what Translucent did, but I laughed when Queen Maeve exposed he was there. I felt so bad for laughing.

17. meowkittenmeow

It’s certainly a “man’s show” in many ways. It’s rather refreshing (minus the dicks), considering all the dumbass feminist shows on Netflix that keep getting green lit. The writing and character development is fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously. Some aspects remind me of preacher, so I wasn’t surprised that Seth Rogen was attached to this. I’m really loving the show. Between this and some of the period pieces like the first season of The Terror, it’s nice to see fun man-made/man-friendly shows again. I will admit there are some aspects of silly ass feminist sayings, but not so overbearing that it takes away from the show. Unlike a lot of television nowadays. [\SPOILER]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  18. darkcurry

In regards of the mention of feminism.
    Keep watching. lol.

I'm currently on Episode 3 and it is the wildest episode yet as we get introduced to A-train's Girlfriend.

19. meowkittenmeow

I actually finished the series an hour ago.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member