The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime Video has green lit The Expanse Season 5 before the fourth season premieres in December. Check out the new sizzle reel for the series.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just finished The Boys

And it was pretty solid first season that hit it on some levels. This show will punch you with the heaviness GoT once did. They are raw and probably and scarily gives some pretty accurate descriptions of humans with powers.

Homelander was like an Evil Mix of Superman & Captain America. He was a good guy to the masses but to a selective few that lived to tell about he was downright psycho!

A-Train was like a black athlete that developed superpowers and turned to crime fighting but will still do sporting events on the side. He was the least fucked up even though it was fucked up what he did in episode 1 and 4.

The Boys, Butcher, Hughy, Mother's Milk, Frenchie and Kamiko were all strong and without giving too much in one season showed enough of their character to make them likable and connect with the audiences.

Starlight got on my nerves but cooled on me as the series went on, but Queen Maeve described her character the best which could create a love/hate with audiences in my opinion. Her powers are cool, but seem too weak especially when
    she squared off against A-Train in the lot in the season finale. He made quick work of her.
    . Her personality is like an edgier supergirl.

Someone described Queen Maeve as a Grumpy WonderWoman. LOL!! I would describe her as a super-powered Bisexual Amazon MILF. lol. That is just the vibe she gave me.

The Deep is the creep of the show(along with Translucent) but they put him through the ringer the most I guess to satisfy the PC crowd that might rear their heads. They totally was taking shots at Aqua-Man as well with his character's powers.

The Black Noir was super quiet in EVERY way. I kept forgetting about him until I seen him pop up. lol.

I did not like Elisabeth Shue as Stillwell. It took entirely too long for her character to interest me and that was in the last episode. She was too mysterious. lol.

Overall pretty good show. I'm interested to see where they are going to go in season 2 after that truly shocking ending.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

There is nothing shocking about the ending. I already told you...

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

5. darkcurry

[​IMG]

6. chamber

chamber Active Member

The Supergirl cast be wilin (3:15)

7. darkcurry

American Horror Story: 1984 | Season 9: Camp Redwood Teaser | FX

8. SilverSmith

Marvel has announced that Runaways Season 3 will premiere all 10 episodes on December 13 on Hulu.

[​IMG]

9. SilverSmith

AMC offers first-look at the Walking Dead spring 2020 spinoff.

10. darkcurry

So it's untitled then?

11. SilverSmith

They have begun shooting in Virginia, and yes, the network is keeping the title of the series under wraps.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have y'all watched season 2 of "Runaways"? I still haven't watched it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  13. ColiBreh1

TDK, have you watched new season 4 of "Veronica Mars" on Hulu? I'm 5 episodes in & I'd say they've been more heavy-handed with the feminist talking/plot points than they ever were in the original UPN/The CW seasons.

14. darkcurry

I stopped at episode 3. I'm looking to finish some time next month.

15. SilverSmith

Me, neither. My objective was to scale down my binge-watching to 10 shows, which has proved ineffective. [​IMG] I'll catch up next week.

16. ColiBreh1

17. darkcurry

Now I'm most certainly going to have to finish up on the second season. I hope this means season 3 of Cloak And Dagger is definitely happening because I JUST noticed they haven't announced anything on it. Because the showrunner has said season 3 is the season they begin on their love story.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Finished The Boys. Surprisingly well done and so refreshing. Its the most logical result of people having super powers.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not yet hopefully this weekend but you be already turned me off lol

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm only on episode 3. So far, I'm not seeing the reason for the hype. I see what they're going for, but the story is predictable to me. Hopefully, it will grab me going forward.