BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thing is, it actually *should* be an agenda. So should positive images of strong black families. And Latinos. And Asians. And all other types of interracial couples. And all other types of images that aren't held up as beautiful and strong but should be (the poor, the disabled, women, I'm sure I'm leaving someone out lol). Representation matters!

Part of the reason folks are put off by it is they're not used to seeing it. It should be an overarching agenda to get them (and perhaps more usefully, their kids) used to seeing it.

2. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I'm definitely down for that interracial trifecta. I guess "Timeless" was canceled, so I'm glad he got another project so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

4. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Better him to be on a comedy rather than the black male representation of a drama, action or genre show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of people like her, who nobody seems to like but still manages to be in movies and TV shows, it's fascinating. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

9. JamalSpunky

Shows me that black women don't watch CBS and therefore haven't called in the TV Cops yet.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Please stop believing that black chicks have some sort of power...THEY DON'T! The only power they have, is the power to annoy.

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It sounds more like you are a fan of the situations she puts herself in as oppose to being a fan of her as an actress.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Like I've said in other threads, IR in tv shows/films is a Hollywood agenda so the online racist white dudes & pro-blacks who whine about it all the time are technically correct. It's an agenda I'm fine with though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. JamalSpunky

It hasn't reached agenda level in movies though, not when it comes to black men being with white women. At least not with big budget films.

And from my observations the white dudes only cry about agendas when its white women with black men be it movies, TV, commercials, etc. They are noticeably silent on that front when there is a pairing with a white guy with a non-white gal.

15. JamalSpunky

There power is in their consistent willingness to make it all about them, turn that into a complaint and, most importantly, for no one to give them any pushback (not the media or any on social media).

When you happen to be the only one shouting in a room or the one group playing victim with no one countering, you tend to sway the minds of Hollywood types who are listening. When black chicks can start hashtag campaigns like #KeepIrisBlack and there is not nearly enough of a vice to counter that bullshit you get folks in the media picking up on it as some sort of legit story (which happened) and a black actress getting cast as Iris for the Flash motion picture (which also happened).

16. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I get what you're saying and I absolutely agree with all of your points. However just keep this in mind, SOME black chicks have become the "boy who crys wolf" character. They bitch, whine and complain so much about everything and everyone 24\7 that they have become "white noise" and no one is really paying attention to them. Now, everytime they lose their minds about some perceived slight or disrespect people just roll their eyes and keep moving.

17. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

That is a good prank, also enjoyed that the unassuming victims were genuinely happy to see her and her husband embrace

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This was funny but also showed the little faith in humanity that exist... and it lives in Canada! LOL.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member