BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing...LOL

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching the "Legacies" season finale right now. Looks like the hater site I like to whine about got their wish.

4. ColiBreh1

Man I missed a lot of these Easter eggs:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This definitely ain't the US for several reasons lol

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

As long as there is a season 2 coming nobody's got their wish. All I will sum season 1 finale up to being is it had some moments, but I absolutely hate what they did to Rafael and so did the fans(as I always check the hashtag on twitter. They were just as mad as I was.). He deserved a better ending than that. But with the way the fans are shifting there could be a plot twist for season 2.

The fans are rooting for Hope and Rafael more than her and Landon. I was shocked by how many of them actually hated her with Landon and preferred and LOVED Hope and Rafael.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=#LEGACIES hope and rafael&src=tyah

https://www.tumblr.com/search/rafael x hope

https://www.instagram.com/hopelsense/

[​IMG]

There are a lot more of those shipping videos too.

This is proof that the Interracial Agenda is working because if this was even just a few years ago fans would be A-OK with the black guy getting the short end of the stick and playing the stereotypical black guy. And they would be FAWNING over Landon. The fans love the brothas on this show. Cloak and Dagger are in KIND of a similar position with every time they keep trying tie Evita to Ty the fans are like NOPE!! lol.

I love it. I like Landon and all he grew on me, but whatever they tried here didn't work. So with season 2 arising they are faced with a decision. Because the fanbase is OVERWHELMINGLY #TeamHopeandRafael

7. The Dark King

Landon has no flair he doesn't excite as a character dude is a sidekick plain and simple everything about him screams second fiddle. Nothing against the actor who plays him but I get why female fans would like Raph better. His character reminds me more of a tamed Damon Salvatore which is why I think the main character will end up with him eventually.

Second I totally agree they did dude so damn dirty. They left him stuck and spoiler alert spoiler alert spoiler alert

Anyone else notice how tame these new vampires are in comparison to The Originals and Vampire Diaries. Interesting how when the vampires are black/poc they have complete impulse control down to where they don't kill for fun or rightfully take revenge on those who tried to kill them. Had this been the two preceding shows Klaus or Damon would have killed the assholes who tried to kill them

8. darkcurry

Landon grew on me, but yeah people are seeing exactly what you and I are and that he should become more of the sidekick because the fans LOVE Raph. And they want him with Hope and are not afraid to go to the legacies twitter page to let them know just like Cloak and Dagger fans be letting them know how much they love Ty and Tandy as a couple.

You have to remember this is national television in THIS era. Feminist and the PC crowd are watching them like a hawk. But if you notice most of the black male characters are straight up Alpha Males; Rafael, Dwayne, Kaleb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. The Dark King

Are they though? Seems like Hope is the real Alpha while everyone just follows behind in lock step. Like I said in the other shows even though Klaus existed as alpha you had a character like Damon who didn't care or even to some degree Stefan. What do they all have in common? The black guys know their place, when a white superior barks they all fall in line no real push back.

10. ColiBreh1

Uhhhh....How did they do Rafael dirty besides leaving him stuck?

Am I only person who though Kaleb was a tranny or something early in the season? He doesn't fit the young attractive CW actor stereotype, so it kinda stood out to me.

11. The Dark King

He's background and sexless

12. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I don't follow the "Legacies" fan page like I do the "Cloak & Dagger" fan page, but I must say, I was absolutely SHOCKED AND DELIGHTED that the overwhelming majority of people wants #TeamHope&Rafael to happen.

You're correct they do love the brothers on this show. I have never seen a "non black" TV show that has 4 (MG, Kaleb, Rafael, Dorian) intelligent , masculine Black Male characters, who are a major and integral part of the story line.

And speaking of "Cloak & Dagger". You're absolutely right, the writers keep trying to shove the Ty & Evita BS down our throats and the fans keep saying... HELL NO, give us Ty &Tandy. It's hilarious because unless my eyes are deceiving me I haven't seen one tweet or comment wanting the Ty & Evita relationship on the fan page.

13. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I just binge watche "Hanna" on Amazon and it's good and the critics liked it as well. It's a cross between Jason Bourne and a teen coming of age TV show. There is a romance/sex scene with Hanna and Anton (black). It wasn't graphic because they're teens, but they went alot farther than I thought they would.

As some of the commenters have said about "Legacies", "Cloak & Dagger" and "God Friended Me", just to name a few, the IR agenda is working, BIG TIME and more and more shows are implementing it.

The new show with Morris Chestnut "The Enemy Within", who is in charge of a FBI counter terrorism team. His dead fiance was biracial and the White Woman on his team is totally in love with him. Now, I dont know if they're going to play that out but she did go to his home and apologized for questioning his decision to go under cover. She said, she did it because she cares about him.

I think these writers see alot of IR relationships, especially with BM/WW and especially in LA where most of them live and they see it as "NORMAL".

There is still a lot of work to be done with the sloppy writing when involving BM/WW relationships on TV and in the movies but these shows are proof that alot of people root for these relationshipsdespite those who don't.

HANNA Trailer Season 1 (2019) Amazon Series - YouTube

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. ColiBreh1

According to IMDB, Anton is in only 2 episodes of "Hannah".

I meant to post trailers & promotional content for NBC's "The Enemy Within" in the Nerdz Lounge before the show had premiered but I kept forgetting. I might have to check it out. Kelli Garner is the actress, whose character you claim is in love Morris Chestnut's character.

Do you know if they're doing anything with Tyler James Williams' character on ABC's "Whiskey Cavalier"?

15. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Anton was in episodes 4 & 5 of "Hanna".

No, I don't know what they're doing with Tyler James Williams character on "Whiskey Cavalier", I've only seen the 1st episode, I'm getting around to watching the other episodes.

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The pro black/anti interracial males are generally hotep types that no one takes seriously. They are too busy drawing weird Afrocentric pictures and street preaching to make any real changes that would affect anyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  17. darkcurry

No spoilers with Hanna I'm only on episode 3. But I already knew he was going to be in two episodes but remember he could wind up being in more down the line and they(imdb) could've just missed it. So, yeah no spoilers. It's decent so far.

I think some of these writers and filmmakers didn't expect to get out of it what we are seeing among the fans. I think the Legacies writers and showrunner thought they could have a Hope and Landon love story while trying to throw Raphael in their as the black guy left out and it backfired. That doesn't work anymore and I think one of the reasons it doesn't work anymore because the writers, showrunners and filmmakers have made IR relationships beautiful and off the wall chemistry like with Chidi & Eleanor for an example. There are so many beautifully written and performed IR stories it has captured the fans. So now they can't go back to giving the black guy the short end of the stick.

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Orphan Black had potential in the IR department

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

20. darkcurry

Yeah, Art and Beth had something

Then Helena's crazy ass was interested in him in the finale. Something could've potentially happened with them being as though she named one of her babies after him.