Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That could possibly be what they mean by "new take". They might be steering it a bit more in the direction of the style of current Comedy Action shows.

We know once Hollywood finds a trend they get in on it. They're already talking about Bridgerton copies being in the works.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

This was in the works before "Brigerton" became popular.

3. darkcurry

I think you misread my post. I just mentioned Bridgerton as an example of hollywood trends.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Daryl McCormack Joins Emma Thompson In Sophie Hyde’s ‘Good Luck To You, Leo Grande’

Daryl McCormack (Peaky Blinders, A Very English Scandal) has been cast opposite Emma Thompson in Good Luck To You, Leo Grande, director Sophie Hyde’s next feature after Animals.

McCormack will take on the title role of Leo Grande, a sex worker in his 20s hired by Nancy Stokes (Thompson). Nancy yearns for some adventure, human connection and good sex, which she was robbed of in her stable but stale marriage. To make things right, the ex-teacher devises a plan and hires the services of Leo Grande for a night of bliss.

Filming is set to begin in March in Norwich, UK, under Covid guidelines.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/jrh9zzec

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Going to be the tallest cast in history lol.

7. darkcurry

Jeremy Pope will play Sammy Davis, jr in a Interracial Romance film about his love life particularily with Kim Novak.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/sammy-...ollywood-pose-director-janet-mock-1202999674/
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Cecily Strong and Keegan-Michael Key in the Apple TV Plus musical Schmigadoon! (July 16, 2021)

A parody of iconic musicals, Schmigadoon! is a new musical comedy series executive produced by Lorne Michaels and starring Emmy Award nominee Cecily Strong and Emmy Award winner Keegan-Michael Key as a couple on a backpacking trip designed to reinvigorate their relationship when they discover a magical town in which everyone is living in a studio musical from the 1940s. They then discover that they can’t leave until they find “true love.”

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

How much you wanna bet they find "true love" with other people?

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

11. Soulthinker

Looking forward to the flick soon.

12. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

I hope scarlett Johansson play ms Novak

13. Soulthinker

Hope so too.

14. darkcurry

As much as it will fit her to play Kim Novak I don't think she would want to play her in a CO-starring role. I think she would probably want the biopic role of Kim Novak.

I like either Anya Taylor-Joy or Olivia Wilde in the role for this film.

15. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

How about Blake Lively? Maybe get a real sex scene from her this lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Olivia Wilde would put forth a much bolder romantic effort than Blake would just based on their acting resumes comparatively.

17. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Oh I agree with that, Olivia Wilde has that raw sex appeal.

18. darkcurry

Who knows. That's just me playing casting director. I chose Olivia because of her jawline and acting versatility. And Anya because of her cheek bones and she pulls off the old school hollywood look so smoothly.

19. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

I bet she did til they edited and cut it all up. The trailer showed waist down, legs up and around him, just an intense, erotic (would be) scene. Also Blake previously to the movie release a picture of herself and Brown in bed together with her wearing a bra and (likely) underwear. So much uncovered, it's a shame we have no access to it right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. SilverSmith

The first look at Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand in Joel Coen's The Tragedy of Macbeth, which will open the New York Film Festival.

[​IMG]

• List