Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Noted.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw it in a theater months back. Powerful indeed.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Another "hot" assassin movie.

Not my cup of tea but, Common is the love interest.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Could never figure out the deal with this movie. One announcement of Common's casting said he would be playing the ex husband/ love interest of Chastain, another announcement claimed he would be playing her brother-in-law, thus being married to another white woman in the film. One way or another he was gonna be paired with some white chick. Maybe he has a relationship with both sisters.:D

Anyway the trailer looks meh and have perhaps revealed all the key point points. Still I appreciate the fact that it doesn't shy away from advertising the IR element.

5. JamalSpunky

Thank you.

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Yeah that Blake Lively flick fell flat with the IR. This one looks like the IR is actually something and part of the plot.

I don't think it's the trailer It looks like Chastain may have been miscast in this role. I'm only going by the trailer(obviously) but it seems as though she doesn't fit this role of Ava. The plot looks interesting and different though.

8. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

9. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

What bugs me about the Blake Lively/Sterling K Brown content is there was much of it left on the cutting board.

- trailer clips of both getting steamy, undressing each other and the heavy makeout session.

(So there is one kiss scene with clothes on, which may have been a re-shoot of the rated-R version of both being undressed and her legs wrapping around his waist)

This at least is built as an supposed sex scene but from the actual movie footage you wouldn't suspect that.

- Blake posted an abs picture missing her pre-baby belly and she was lying in bed with Sterling K Brown. He was shirtless facing the other way. She was lying on her back in her bra and underwear.

This, again, reinforces the sexual tension between both and further concludes the lust and flirty behavior each had in the little restaurant scene they had.

Maybe if we got an extended cut, but I don't know if we'll see it. It was a terrible job in the editing room because it removed a lot of the character build the movie lacked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Soulthinker

Had you seen the extended or deleted scene?

11. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

I saw the DVD had those scenes but from the descriptions, it didn't dive into the relationship between Stephanie and Marc. Unless I'm mistaken.

The movie used clothed Stephanie/Marc.

The trailers they used to market the movie had both undressed. Unaware as to why they was cut.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Eva, set to be released in theaters/On Demand next month, is already available in HD and 4K on popular torrent sites.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

This was announced back in June

"Mahershala Ali is attached to play boxer Jack Johnson in a
    limited series for HBO..."

[​IMG]

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/mahershala-ali-jack-johnson-hbo-series-1234694511/

Tom Hanks is an executive producer on this series. Random. lol.

If you have seen Unforgivable Blackness you know that this is going to be HEAVY material.

This will be the biggest casting to play a black male lead's love interest because as we know Jack Johnson had 5 well known love affairs including marrying 4 of them.

No actresses have been casted to play Jack's 5 lovers Hattie Mcclay, Belle Schrieber, Lucille Cameron, Etta Duryea and Irene Pineau yet, but some actresses I had on my mind for these roles are Rachel Weisz, Allison Brie, Winona Ryder, Aimee Lou Wood and Hayley Atwell.

(I probably should've put this here but I forgot all about this thread. lol. Sorry.)

• List
  14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The trailer for the ebullient romantic comedy dropped today.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I've watched all the others in this genre, so why quit now? :D

16. JamalSpunky

I've been negligent in keeping this thread up to date and as a result some news I have forgotten about altogether and some have already been posted in other threads by others once there was confirmation of an IR angle. So let me at least pass along info I can recall based upon reports over the last few months before I forget them too.

Mother/Android

Algee Smith
    Chloe Grace Moretz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://deadline.com/2020/09/algee-smith-chloe-grace-moretz-mother-android-miramax-1234581400/

Matt Reeves attached to produce the film, which follows Georgia (Moretz) and Sam (Smith), a couple who go on a treacherous journey to escape their country, which is caught in an unexpected war with artificial intelligence. Days away from the arrival of their first child, the couple must face No Man’s Land— a stronghold of the android uprising, in hopes of reaching safety before Georgia give birth.

Moretz' career seems to be going into an upwards trajectory again based on a couple of movies doing well in the festival circuit. As for Smith, hopefully this will be a return to form for his work in "Detroit" rather than that HBO show that I will not name.

(Untitled musical)

Keegan-Michael Key
    Cecily Strong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a musical comedy with a huge cast for Apple TV + . Strong is the main lead and Key is apparently a co-lead who plays her boyfriend. Interesting premise.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/keegan...dy-project-starring-cecily-strong-1234589600/

Written by Despicable Me duo Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio, the as-yet untitled comedy series follows a couple on a backpacking trip designed to reinvigorate their relationship when they discover the magical town of Schmigadoon, in which everyone acts as if they’re in a studio musical from the 1940s. They then discover that they can’t leave until they find “true love.”

So based on that breakdown who knows if the two remain a couple at the end. Should note that the other possible love interest for Key :

Key will play Josh, Melissa’s (Strong) long term, pragmatic partner, and the last person who wants to be stuck in this magical town. Cumming is Mayor Menlove, the welcoming mayor of the town with a secret (and a song) in his heart. Armisen plays Reverend Layton, the mild-mannered religious leader of the town. Chenoweth is Mildred Layton, Reverend Layton’s morally superior wife who is in everybody’s business. Tveit plays Danny Bailey, the town bad boy who is trouble with a capital T, especially once he sets his sights on Melissa. Cameron is Betsy, the farmers daughter who instantly falls for Josh.

Cameron is Dove Cameron. And since she is 24 in real life I have my doubts Key's character, Josh, will end up with her.

[​IMG]

R#J

Camaron Engels
    Francesca Noel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in America.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/on-my-...on-romeo-juliet-timur-bekmambetov-1202911615/

Described as a pulse-pumping mashup of Shakespearean language and “of the times” vernacular for social media infused generation, the pic is set in the lush and storied Louisiana area and takes place through the mobile phones of our two lovers Romeo and Juliet.

[​IMG]

Lockdown

Chiwetel Ejiofor
    Anne Hathaway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ejiofor and Hathaway lead a star-studded cast in a story that incorporates current global events.

https://www.thewrap.com/ben-stiller...el-ejiofor-in-doug-liman-heist-film-lockdown/

Steven Knight wrote the screenplay that is actually set against the COVID-19 lockdowns and tells the story of how a couple Linda (Hathaway) and Paxton (Ejiofor) who are constantly at each others’ throats agree to call a truce and attempt a high-risk, high-stakes jewelry heist at the world’s most exclusive department store, Harrods. The film will actually be shot on location at the landmark Harrods store in London.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between

Jordan Fisher
    Talia Ryder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the people who bought you "To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You" comes this adaptation of a successful novel

https://deadline.com/2020/10/jennif...goodbye-and-everything-in-between-1234599850/

The story follows Clare and Aidan, who after making a pact that they would break up before college, find themselves retracing the steps of their relationship on their last evening as a couple. The epic date leads them to familiar landmarks, unexpected places, and causes them to question whether high school love is meant to last.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. darkcurry

Great finds! The times I have looked to add to this thread I only came up with a couple IR pairings.

That Algee Smith & Chloe Grace Moretz flick sounds good!

18. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

WOW..where do you find these gems? I want to see all of them except maybe the musical one..GREAT WORK!!

19. Soulthinker

Hope you find the status of the Jack Johnson HBO movie.

20. darkcurry