Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Nice find. Good to see Kelvin Harrison, jr again.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1234906124589027328
    [​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2020/03/aya-cash-william-jackson-harper-we-broke-up-1202872798/

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving me the time and effort. I saw the announcement this morning and a couple of hours later I saw that you had already posted it.

4. JamalSpunky

Well mea culpa. Saw "The Invisible Man" the other day and there was no IR going on between its two leads. Aldis Hodge got a lot of screentime and did well with it, getting the best reviews of the cast other than Elizabeth Moss. But they don't have any hint of a romance in the movie nor any suggestion of even a prior flirtation or crush. They are just buds without really any explanation of why they are friends or their history. The only reason why I know Hodge's character is a widower is because that was how his character was described during his casting announcement, none of that is discussed in the film. Hell, instead of giving him a daughter they might as well have given him a wife. Even worse the filmmakers made a certain decision in prioritizing who Moss ended up worrying about that is so typical and kinda ticked me off. I'll discuss it later. Yeah, overall is a pretty good film but imo they dropped the ball on that front.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Set to arrive on Amazon Prime Video this Friday, May 15.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I just don't get the appeal to Kristen Stewart, as an actor or anything else.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Being forced to watch those damn Twilight movies has made me never take her seriously in anything else she’s in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Tamstrong

I feel for you; I can imagine how painful that must have been. I never watched any of them. I saw enough in the previews to know that she and the movies sucked. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

It was a traumatic experience. Lol I put it in the divorce decree.

10. Tamstrong

LOL I don't blame you. No doubt that caused some serious emotional distress.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Stewart is a nondescript actress with the range of a cardboard cutout. However, The tragic life story of Jean Seberg is very compelling.

12. Tamstrong

She seems to have the personality of cardboard, too. That is true, but Stewart playing the part is further proof that a book is always better than what's on film. ;)

13. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

All of those movies are trash, to this day I can’t see how anyone liked them. She ain’t even cute enough to keep my attention, just annoyingly bland.

14. Tamstrong

I never got the appeal either. It (and she) looked corny and dull. Evidently a lot of people find that crap appealing though.

15. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

My ex wasn’t the biggest fan but she watched em cuz she liked the books. So of course I got dragged in. Waste of time.

16. Tamstrong

Yep. I love to read, but the books held no appeal for me either. It's kind of like that lame 50 Shades of Gray crap. I never read the books, but the excerpts I read were funny as hell. Sadly the author failed to achieve the erotic effect she was going for. A lot of women thought differently though; they went crazy for that weak and silly shit. I never bothered with those movies either.

17. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

You got good taste. I’m a fan of that definitely ;)

18. Tamstrong

Aw thank you. That tells me you have good taste too. ;)

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I already seen it. It was okay. Script needed some work. Imo it's a one time watch kind of flick.

• List
  20. JamalSpunky

1 - Stewart had a string of a few good years post Twilight doing independent and foreign films that were highly acclaimed. Unfortunately the last two years she has stumbled mostly with her attempt to do Hollywood mainstream movies again.

2 - No offense, folks, but this thread was created for announcements of interracial relationship films involving black men and discussion if need be of those movies. Can we not fill it with back and forth discussions in which we debate whether a certain actor or actress has any talent? Just like that dude on this site who wishes to protect the tone of his Nerdz Lounge, I feel the same way about this thread.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List