The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

According to the streaming service synopsis, Jason Momoa stars as Baba Voss, the father of twins born centuries later with the mythic ability to see—who must protect his tribe against a powerful yet desperate queen who believes it’s witchcraft and wants them destroyed. Alfre Woodard also stars as Paris, Baba Voss’ spiritual leader.

The series is going to begin this Friday, yeah, yeah.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been seeing the commercials for this show on TV a lot. A very interesting concept. I love it when artist go in depth on the edge of imagination and originality like this. That's when I'm intrigued to give it a shot.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I admire your bravery and commitment. You’ve got a lot of moxie.

4. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Get a Glimpse of Natasha's Back Story in 'Black Widow Prelude' #1 - A Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Tie-In
    October 2019

Marvel Comics has announced that Black Widow Prelude #1, written by Peter David with art by Carlos Villa, is coming in January of 2020. The comic book is described as follows:

“From spy to Avenger, the enigmatic Black Widow has lived many secret lives. But how do these disparate episodes add up to the life of the heroic Avenger, and what is the thread that connects her past to her future? Get ready for Black Widow’s solo film with this glimpse into the storied history of Natasha Romanoff in this two-part tale set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, coming this January to comic shops everywhere.”

Black Widow is opening in theaters on May 1, 2020

Link

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cool! This will be my first comic book as an adult. lol

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know that "Veronica Mars" is inspired by the Nancy Drew character/books. During VM's original run, TV critics constantly compared the show to Nancy Drew & "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Anyways, through the first 3 episodes of "Nancy Drew", I'd say ND is just as dark (if not more) as VM. The big difference though is that VM is a more comedic show. VM can be labelled a dramedy.

7. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Supergirl's Tyler Hoechlin to Star in new Superman & Lois Lane series for The CW
    10/28/2019

The Arrowverse is expanding yet again, and fans of the Man of Steel are going to be pretty thrilled about the latest addition.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, The CW is developing another spin-off series centred on Lois Lane and Clark Kent aka Superman, with Supergirl guest stars Elizabeth Tulloch and Tyler Hoechlin set to reprise their roles.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/...lane-series-tyler-hoechlin-elizabeth-tulloch/

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

About darn time! I never understood why CW was so reluctant to give fans more A-list heroes, when you have iconic characters like Batman and Superman at your disposal it's frustrating having to settle for the "bargain" versions Batwoman and Supergirl.

9. ColiBreh1

I grew up watching "Lois & Clark. The New Adventures of Superman", so I'm in. This is a great idea for The CW:

I hope they can keep Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor.

EDIT:

Does this mean the end of "Supergirl"? "Supergirl" feels like a redundant show, if we're getting a new "Lois & Clark" show.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Waner Brothers wouldn't give access to them because they didn't want to dilute the properties for the big screen. And, they were right. I have zero interest in a Flash movie. The show (at least the first two seasons) scratched that itch. Had there been no show, I'd be excited for a Flash film.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

12. ColiBreh1

io9/Gizmodo just put out this article:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1188958146443784192
    [​IMG]
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/supergirl-completely-screwed-james-olsen-1839425386/

13. meowkittenmeow

14. darkcurry

It's started to look uncomfortable with the way the black male characters are on Supergirl so I stopped watching after the season premiere. Jonn Jones their black main character started off strong but over the seasons just got so... cringe-worthy. I have no idea what's going on now. lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Jimmy Olsen on Supergirl is a victim of the low-budget format of superhero television. The reason that non-superpowered sidekicks and love interests were created in comic books was to bring the superheroes down-to-Earth because in comic books the heroes are in their costumes doing ridiculously over-the-top things 95% of the time. However, on shows like Supergirl, Flash and even on the Netflix Marvel shows, the heroes spend the bulk of their time not in costumes and not doing superhero things. At best we might see actual superhero action 25% of the time, the other 75% they are doing the down-to-Earth stuff that is supposed to be left for the sidekicks and love interests. So characters like Jimmy Olsen become extraneous.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  16. meowkittenmeow

Solid point

17. ColiBreh1

This was posted on the TVLeaks subreddit last week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TVLeaks/comments/dk9obh/upcoming_dcu_cw_hbo_max_dc_shows/
    [​IMG]

Sounds like this is accurate, because Variety just put this out today:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...-hbo-max-peacock-apple-tv-netflix-1203385899/

18. ColiBreh1

19. darkcurry

20. ColiBreh1

• List