The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...ing-to-hbo-max-from-arrowverses-greg-berlanti

4. SilverSmith

Apple TV+ is sharing a preview of its new series See, which will debut on the streaming service this Friday, Nov 1st. In the video, the cast and the crew provide some crucial details about the show. Aight, Apple, I'm game.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  5. SilverSmith

Kojima Productions has posted the eight-minute Death Stranding launch trailer.
    You play as Sam Bridges and traverse a ravaged nation to reconnect a fractured society and save mankind from the brink of extinction.

6. SilverSmith

The new trailer for Netflix's The Witcher is out following its debut at the Lucca Comics & Games convention in Lucca, Tuscany. The streaming service also announced that the series will launch on December 20, 2019.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This looks ... surprisingly good.

8. SilverSmith

''Once there was a doll who was treated as a real baby." [​IMG]

9. SilverSmith

10. SilverSmith

Announced yesterday at the BlizzCon 2019 keynote, the seventh major expansion for World of Warcraft is called Shadowlands. The follow-up to Battle for Azeroth will arrive in 2020.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Blizzard is also doing something in this expansion that they should have done 15 years ago when WoW first came out, they are putting ethnic human options into the game.

[​IMG]

• List
  12. SilverSmith

The newest installment of Diablo was announced during BlizzCon 2019. Here's the trailer.

13. ColiBreh1

Is we checking for this new Netflix film "The King" that dropped this weekend?:

It's got good reception from both critics & viewers on Rotten Tomatoes & IMDB.

I asked folks who I know watch shows like "Vikings", "The Last Kingdom", "Sparatcus", & etc and they all enjoyed this movie.

14. SilverSmith

Director Payton Reed to Return for Ant-Man 3

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Payton Reed will once again be planning the next heist for Ant-Man and company with Marvel's third outing of the bite-sized hero.

Ant-Man actor, Paul Rudd, is expected make a return for the next film. However, with no plot details revealed fans will have to stay tuned to find who else will be returning for Ant-Man 3.

[​IMG]

Article

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get back into watching these type of shows, but they are lacking interest. I said this before but I would love to see a show about the Severan Dynasty or a movie about the Year Of The Five Emperors. Or a show about Ancient Egypt or Sumeria.

16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I predict that "Sister Night" aka Regina King's character will learn her great-grandfather had an affair with that German woman who typed that propaganda letter in English that he carries!

17. SilverSmith

Servant:
    Coming soon from Apple TV + and M. Night Shyamalan.
    What if you employ a nanny for your doll, and she’s not the slightest alarmed?

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

“Kung Fu”: The CW Taps “Blindspot” Team for Female-Led Reimagining
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/1...ining/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The CW‘s run of revamping, rebooting, and/or reimagining (is it possible to do all three at once without creating a tear in the space-time continuum?) continues unabated, with the network looking to reimagine the David Carradine-starring 1970’s television series Kung Fu with a female lead.

One of the reasons for the decision we’re sure had to do with the creative team spearheading the project. NBC’s Blindspot writer-executive producer Christina M. Kim (who will write the pilot), creator-executive producer Martin Gero, executive producers Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, and Warner Bros. TV are teaming again to offer a fresh take on the original series created by Ed Spielman.

In the hourlong darama, a quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese-American woman to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China. But when she returns to find her hometown overrun with crime and corruption, she uses her martial arts skills and Shaolin values to protect her community and bring criminals to justice…all while searching for the assassin who killed her Shaolin mentor and is now targeting her.

Kim and Gero are set to executive produce via Gero’s Quinn’s House Production Company, joining Berlanti and Schechter from Berlanti Prods. and Warner Bros. TV. Two previous reimaginings of the franchise – both with female leads – were “in development” through FOX for the past two seasons. Both Berlanti Prods.-Warner Bros. TV projects received a put pilot commitment, but neither made it to pilot.

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

The new teaser for the upcoming "Ask Not" Short Treks episode, starring Captain Pike.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I’ve found it difficult to watch any shows on the CW. They ruined Arrow, the flash has gone downhill, they removed all black men from legends, and black matriarchy... I mean black lightning is nothing I will ever watch. So, they can reboot what they want.

besides, the original idea for Kung Fu is represented on Cinemax, so I really don’t give a rat’s ass what they do.

I appreciate the information. It seems they are leaning into the girl power thing. I am genuinely curious how that will pan out over a 3 to 5 year plan. Especially, when you factor that everything is switching to streaming media.

• Like Like x 1
    • List