The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yep, I watched it last summer.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Michelle Pfieffer

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Ooops my bad lol

But didn't he also reveal his identity to Vicki Vale in the first one?

4. ColiBreh1

They really made Captain Marvel a lesbian?

Also interesting the Twitter crowd is rooting for a Thor & Captain Marvel 'ship, when they're usually whining about how they want to see LGBT 'ship in these MCU movies.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

She's not a lesbian, trust me if they revealed in her movie that she was a lesbian the LGBT community would be all over social media talking about it.

She did have weird chemistry with her female friend, but she had the same kind of chemistry with Fury and nobody is 'shipping" them.

6. RicardoCooper

That "weird chemistry" was lesbianism. Particularly the scene where Rambeau was waxing poetic about how great and brave her "special friend" was. They couldn't come out and say it because it's a Disney movie. They didn't give Carol Danvers any kind of a male love interest a la Wonder Woman for a reason

Oh and click the Captain Marvel hashtag on Twitter, the lesbians feminists are having a field day lol

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Unless I see some of this onscreen I'm still going to assume two females can be just close friends.

[​IMG]

8. RicardoCooper

If you say so

[​IMG]

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not blind to the fact that there is a little pandering going on in that movie, I'm just saying two people of the same gender should be able to be close friends without it being seen as romantic. So unless they specifically point to her being a lesbian I'm going to assume they are just friends. After all, in real life, LGBT people make up less than 5% of the population, so I'm playing the odds.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Young Justice, Titans and Doom Patrol First Episodes
    March 2019

The aforementioned shows are free for anyone to stream without a subscription for a limited time through the DC Universe app, per a new press release.

DC Universe key features include:

• Exclusive originals and classic favorites
    • An extensive list of curated comic books
    • Connection with the DC community
    • The latest breaking news with DC Daily, a news show for DC Fans and the ever-expanding DC encyclopedia
    • Premium rewards and contests
    • Exclusive merch

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

13. meowkittenmeow

Yep, I was just correcting the film reference. Batman seems to always tell his "love interests" his identity. It's one of the more frustrating tropes.

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Starz Renews American Gods
    March 15, 2019

Starz announced today it has ordered American Gods Season 3. The show’s long-delayed second season returned on March 10, and Starz said it was the network’s second-highest rated original series for the year, reports The Wrap.

https://bit.ly/2TSg4YB

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The most bizarre show I've ever seen and yet addicting lmao

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Soooo, I just heard that the CW may do an Arrow spin-off show centering around his daughter, Blackstar. I guess their whole superhero line up will be female centered except The Flash.

Doesn't sound very interesting. Her character isn't any good in the current season. I'm not watching a whole show built around her.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  17. meowkittenmeow

I binge watched the first season a few weeks ago. It is very addictive.

18. meowkittenmeow

This sounds sad. Luckily between Netflix, DC, and Disney, we will have other options. They will probably attempt a female centered spinoff of flash involving the daughter.

19. ColiBreh1

I saw article headlines for this rumor/news on the Google Chrome app homepage on my phone throughout this week, but I didn't bother to read the article. I've always HATED the Olicity pairing on "Arrow", so yeah I gotta be against this potential "Blackstar" spinoff.

But the chick who plays Blackstar/Mia Smoak on "Arrow", Katherine McNamara, is the same chick who is lead actress on the Freeform show "Shadowhunters". So I can already see The CW jumping on this Blackstar spinoff because they already got an established TV leading actress to be the lead.

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It has only been one episode into the new season but it looks like they're keeping the weirdness, stylish cinematography and bizarre storytelling up with all the changes they made.