The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yup

2. RicardoCooper

Sad choice bro :D

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I refuse to work more than 60 hours a week. It better be a rare situation if I do.

That should be your reason for looking at Canada, to get away from that shit. Lol

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Canada don't pay like this nowhere really. You think brokers stay in NY for the pizza and the subways lol
    Everyone is trying to retire at 40.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I hear that. Having a purpose puts it into perspective.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Except she never did.
    [​IMG]

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

White bois were offended, so automatically it was deemed offensive period.

9. RicardoCooper

Offensive to a portion of the intended audience. You are not the world, sorry

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

With the visuals, it started out having me thinking I might get blown away. Then it turned out to be just ok.

I'm ready for endgame.

11. darkcurry

I already provided what got a certain group of white men upset and it was nothing. She literally said nothing offensive but you know how it is in AmeriKKKa when you mention anything about wanting more diversity.

https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/the-nerdz-lounge.16114/page-522#post-1100574

If wanting inclusiveness in a place that was proven to be white male dominant is offensive then I have this question on here again why do we even complain about racism and wanting to see more black people in particular black men in TV and Movies. She just kind of did the same thing we do, but was talking about the press room.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  13. SilverSmith

The trailer for the anime adaptation of the Ultraman manga by Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi has arrived:

14. darkcurry

15. SilverSmith

We saw a trailer and promo, and now Netflix has released another preview of Love Death and Robots, launching on March 15th.

16. darkcurry

Just seen Captain Marvel and I was thoroughly excited throughout the film. Marvel is not missing these past films making splashes like Klay Thompson. lol.

Whoever does the comedy part of their films they hit it out again with the comedic parts. This plays out like an 'The Original Avenger' Story more so than 'Carol Danvers becoming Captain Marvel' story.

Her powers came from the tesseract that I'm guessing when fused with her DNA made her a photon like being. One of the best parts of the film is how they used her strengths throughout her memories for her to control her emotion which led her to finally being able to control her powers and go binary and the Kree from then on had no chance against her. Whom were using her.

The first post credits scene was the best one because it lead up to how Carol finally comes back to earth. If you remember Fury sending that signal out before he faded away the movie showed that he was indeed contacting Carol. We see Steve, Bruce, Brody and Natasha using it to make contact with her again. But they didn't know what it was doing just that Fury was last using to contact someone. So as Natasha turned away there was Carol standing right there with the line that excited the theatre I was in "Where's Fury?"

So Carol Danvers will already be on earth when Avengers: Endgame come. One of my questions is with this movie taking place in 1995 and the post credit scene where Captain Marvel shows up in the lab behind Black Widow asking where's Fury I just wonder where is Monica Rambeau? Because she is the little girl in the film with her Mother Maria Rambeau and Carol plays her Aunt(not biologically of course.) So Avengers: Endgame will be interesting because I wonder where this lead to new characters showing like Monica Rambeau and Blue Marvel.

As Robert Littal pointed out Marvel left the feminism off screen and really told a great story about a strong female being becoming a superhero. People are indeed panicking before even seeing it. And that panic I believe will lead to preexisting beliefs that would render them delusional and see something in the film that isn't actually there.

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. SilverSmith

Trolls Targeted Captain Marvel, but Disney Was Ready For Them [​IMG]
    03/2019

The online trolling was fierce.

Brie Larson, Oscar-winning star of the Captain Marvel, is too political, the trolls said. She can’t possibly be strong enough. She’s forcing diversity on moviegoers.

Perhaps worst of all, she doesn’t smile enough, the trolls whined. So they posted doctored pictures of Larson, in her Captain Marvel regalia, doing what superheroes — male, female or otherwise — seldom do while rescuing Earth from almost certain annihilation. Smiling.

Full article

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I agree it wasn't really a feminist film even though she suffers from the same Mary Sue problem with saw with Rey in Star Wars. This woman gets unexplained super powers and can suddenly beat a ton of trained soldiers. How does she have any control in a combat situation? What about spacial awareness, endurance and damage awareness. It's the issue I have with most female lead characters these days. I really didn't like Wonder Woman but at least she trained on that island for over a decade before confronting foes. Marvel was a test pilot I don't get the logic leap. Hell all of the Avengers had training before they were heroes with the exception of Banner and Stark but one was a rage monster and the other one's suit did all the physical work. I took my family to see Captain Marvel because my nephew LOVES all things Marvel but I felt like it was something we could have waited for on Netflix. Here's to hoping End Game is better than this.

20. RicardoCooper

Gonna check Captain Marvel out on bootleg streaming and see for myself. Not paying full price for this one lol