The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

American Gods is strangely appealing, well-scripted and capitalizes on its elements of supernatural and horror. I'm ecstatic that Starz has renewed it for a third season. [​IMG]

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Thor leading Valkyrie, Nebula, and Carol to fight Thanos in Endgame
    [​IMG]

:p

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

At least this way it won't be quite so annoying when the completely piss on the continuity and stories fans wanted to see lol

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Just watched "Triple Frontier" on Netflix. I give it a 7 out of 10. Anyone else peep it?

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I checked it out last night. I'd say about the same as you. I might've paid to see that in a theater.

6. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I agree that American Gods is strangely addicting while at the same time being very bizarre. The basic plot of old Gods vs new Gods i get it but then you get into some crazy stuff.

Don't know if this has been mention but apparently Captain Marvel has dated at least one black man in her past. She did a reddit ask me a years ago and someone asked if she would consider it and she came out and said she already had.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19s71y/hi_im_brie_larson_ask_me_anything/c8quf91/

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm surprised she actually answered that. Some brothas can get real annoying with that question. lol.

8. meowkittenmeow

Insecurities, I suppose. Did you hear about the booty body double?

9. darkcurry

Nah, can you inform me?

10. meowkittenmeow

Apparently, during filming, they hired a booty body double because the actress is “lacking” in that area.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

Annoying and frankly embarrassing. I cringed at the mention of the age-old "once you go Black..." cliché.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed. [​IMG]

12. darkcurry

Ya'll keep having me laugh at her and I'm not having any issue with her to make me dislike her. But From her feet to her booty I feel bad.

I'm trying really hard here ya'll need to stop. LOL!

13. meowkittenmeow

14. SilverSmith

New TV spot: The Big G vs. contenders for the throne.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

On the one hand that is interesting information to read, so I'm glad someone asked and she candidly answered. :rolleyes:

On the other hand that is one of the thirstiest questions of all time. :confused:

I tend to think it doesn't matter if they've never dated black. If they meet me I get to be the first lol. Everybody wins! :D

16. darkcurry

Sometimes it's best to date those that are already familiar. lol. Don't want to be nobody's experiment or phase. Or even more dangerous she just might be racist and just using you to "see what it's like" and or just to make mixed race babies.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's probably best to date those that have dated a bm before if you're in an area where it's still taboo.

If you're somewhere like Cali, NY, or Central/South FL, it doesn't really matter.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I meant to post about this a few days ago, but I wasn't sure which thread would be most appropriate for it.

I'm not surprised. Not saying she's a bad person, but Brie Larson comes off as a white liberal that panders to black folks. So it makes sense she went out of her way to answer that question, when most female celebs would just ignore it.

Why was a body butt double needed for this role? The only thing I can of is that Brie Larson's ass looks so flat in the costume it stood out & was distracting.

LOL. Didn't you tell me that you asked NFL Network's Jane Slater the same question when she used to be a co-host on 1 of the local sport radio stations?

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This article came out a couple days saying that "Black Lightning" might also be cancelled after next season: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/black-lightning-cancelled-season-3-characters-reappear/

This is interesting. Folks now predict cancellation of shows a year ahead of time now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. meowkittenmeow

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List