The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Going to take the lady to see the new Halloween Movie Tonight. We were supposed to go see the OverLord movie but my old ass forgetful self just remembered that is coming out next month! LOL! oops.

She was mad at me, but luckily we both want to see Halloween.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it's a recurring role. With the addition of the Morlocks, we now have 3 different sides to the mutant struggle : Mutant Underground (integration/acceptance), The Inner Circle (separatists/domination) and Morlocks (survivalists/just let us be).

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I found a Business Insider article that shows the raw numbers:

https://www.businessinsider.com/int...age-iron-fist-had-huge-drop-over-time-2018-10

TLDR version:

Social Media Impressions of the Marvel Netflix shows

Jessica Jones S1 - 300,000
    Jessica Jones S2 - 150,000

Luke Cage S1 - 300,000
    Luke Cage S2 - 50,000

Iron Fist S1 - 120,000
    Iron Fist S2 - 20,000

Daredevil S1 - 275,000
    Daredevil S2 - 200,000

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fuck this movie. We couldn't get a cool secret agent cartoon nope we gotta get some coon comedy shit where the sauve cool HAS to be a damn bird. Hard pass. One more time fuck this movie.

6. The Real Me

The Real Me Member

7. ColiBreh1

This article came out Yesterday on actual Netflix viewing numbers dropoff for Luke Cage

https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-luke-cage-cancelled-reason-netflix-viewer-drop/

TLDR version:

"Luke Cage" & "Iron Fist" lost over 66% of their viewership in their 2nd seasons

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

LOVED that 2003 Titans cartoon! Glad it's coming back

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I bet Marvel saw how Mackie and Stan were in interviews and on the road and figured it would be cool to team them up. Also cool they're getting the big-screen guys to do a mini-series instead of the DC method of having separate TV and movie actors playing the SAME CHARACTER i.e. a TV Flash and movie Flash and so on

And I LOVE Mackie as the Falcon, they play him sweet, better than the comics

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Aye, Dark. Go to 1:48. ...lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  11. darkcurry

Here is the tricky thing with that though. How much time are they giving these shows to gain viewership and has viewership went up since they announced the cancellation? Because those shows are still on netflix for you to view.

How do they know if folks was just waiting to watch it when they are ready. Like I watched the rest of Dynasty on Netflix back in September. I think when it comes to online streaming they should give it up to six months before making such decisions. Because not everybody watch these streaming shows in the first week or the first month. I'll be interested to know where the viewership will be now or by the end of the year, because it could rise at any point as long as it is still on their platform and then what.

I think netflix should show you how many views a tv show or movie has like youtube does. They are so secretive about that sort of thing.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thanks

Well stated

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Streaming next week: YouTube Originals' sci-fi thriller Origin follows a group of passengers on a spacecraft heading to a distant planet- and immense danger.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  14. ColiBreh1

15. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Disney Confirms Loki Series Starring Tom Hiddleston
    Thu, Nov 8

From Marvel.com:

Today, the Walt Disney Company announced that its new direct-to-consumer streaming service will be called Disney+. The reveal came today from Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, who also said the service would become available in late 2019.

In addition to the name of the service, Disney also announced that Marvel Studios is developing a series focused on Loki and will star Tom Hiddleston, a fan favorite in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which will be available on Disney+.

https://bit.ly/2FdDBgG

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

National Geographic's "Mars" returns for a second season on Monday (Nov. 12), bringing a fusion of extraterrestrial drama and real-life insights about humanity's future on the Red Planet.

17. ColiBreh1

18. SilverSmith

“ElseWorlds” crossover teaser trailer shows Oliver Queen’s life as The Flash:

[​IMG]

19. darkcurry

Saw the latest episode of The Gifted earlier and... OH SHIT!!!!

I won't give too much away but 'Twist' is a psychopath! She went from 100 to 1000. And yes I said 100 to 1000 because she never started at 0. lol.

20. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DC To Celebrate 80 Years of Batman
    11/15/18

DC Comics will release two milestone books in March 2019 to commemorate 80 Years of Batman: Detective Comics #1000 and Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman The Deluxe Edition.

The 96-page Detective Comics #1000 will include an original story by Peter J. Tomasi and artist Doug Mahnke, as well as bonus stories form popular DC names including Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, Paul Dini, Christopher Priest, Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams, Kelly Jones, Dustin Nguyen, and Alex Maleev. Release date and MSRP were not announced at this time.

Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman The Deluxe Edition will include a cover by Jim Lee and several unpublished extras including a Paul Levitz story about Bruce Wayne’s early life with art by Denys Cowan, and a look at Bob Kane “ghost” Lew Sayre Schwartz’s original layouts for a Batman story for Detective Comics #200. There will be essays on Batman’s impact from Neil Gaiman, Cory Doctorow, Denny O’Neil, Glen David Gold, former San Diego police chief Shelley Zimmerman and pulp historian Anthony Tollin. The Dark Knight’s most memorable adventures, including the debuts of Robin, Batwoman, Bat-Mite, Batgirl, Two-Face, the Riddler, Clayface and Man-Bat, will be reprinted. It will also include the first adventures of Slam Bradley, Air Wave, the Boy Commandos and the Martian Manhunter. The 300-page hardcover has an MSRP of $29.99. Release is set for March 13.

Batman debuted in Detective Comics #27 in March 1939.

Link[/url}