The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

At this point there is very little chance that the merger won't go through, The shareholders have already voted yes, the federal government has given it a green light, and Disney's competitor (Comcast) has backed out of their bid.

I also don't see the Batman thing being an issue. If Disney plays hardball WB can always make a stink about the fact that they own the rights to the "Captain Marvel" name and they could make things really difficult and confusing for Disney if they wanted to.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

FOX has owned the TV rights to Batman since the old Adam West show. Batman: TASS is a FOX show. So, with Disney owning FOX entertainment property ... do the math. This a very real possibility.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"Batman: TAS" was produced by Warner Bros. Animation, so FOX doesn't own the rights to the show. The 1960's live-action Batman series was produced decades before DC Comics became a subsidiary of Warner Bros, so yeah another studio (20th Century FOX) owns the rights to the show.

4. ColiBreh1

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they are doing a Season 6 of Teen Titans and it's going on the DC streaming service, then I see no reason why they shouldn't try for Season 2 of the Beware the Batman CGI series. Guaranteed to be better than the live action Titans.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Meh. They set Kylo up to be the badass at the beginning of TFW by stopping that laser bolt in midair. Complete punk by the end of the movie. Let's not forget that Finn got some licks in as well and he's not even a Force adept. Weakest dark-sider yet. It took two full strength Jedi to take out Darth Maul.

7. RicardoCooper

8. RicardoCooper

Blasphemer. Incredible flick, saw it twice, the 2nd time in IMAX

9. RicardoCooper

Straight bunk. Come for the "fuck Batman" stay for the miscast black Starfire that looks like a hooker. No Cyborg 'cause he was wasted in the garbage JLA movie and they probably can't do his CGI on a TV budget every week. No Kid Flash because he's in The Flash. Robin's too old. I honestly never had much hope for a live-action Titans anyway

10. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  11. RicardoCooper

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  12. ColiBreh1

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is probably the first live-action genre primetime TV show I ever got into & it's part of the OG The WB Network line-up I grew up on. So I'm ABSOLUTELY against them doing a reboot for this show! I already FUCCING hate that The CW is doing reboot TV series for "Roswell" & "Charmed" this upcoming TV season. I hope both of them get cancelled & don't even make it to a back-9.

[​IMG] The 1 thing I will give them credit for with this Buffy reboot is they made good a hire with the BW they hired to be the showrunner. Monica Owusu-Breen has been a writer/producer on a bunch of network dramas I've watched over the years (including shows produced by J.J. Abrams & Joss Whedon), so I instantly recognized her name when this reboot was announced almost 2 weeks ago during SDCC. It's not a lazy, pandering to online Blacks SJWs, diversity hire. Her resume speaks for itself.

13. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn shame though

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Official first look at the new Terminator project featuring Natalia Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and Linda Hamilton. Directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool). Produced by James Cameron and David Ellison. In theaters 11.22.19.

[​IMG]

18. darkcurry

^^ All females. I hope they don't SJW and Metoo cyborgs. lol.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Completely uninterested and guaranteed to be another flop. They just don't get it. A lot of these beloved franchises don't all star men but are mostly supported by male fans. Taking something we care about and just gender bending for the sake of adding women and excluding men will only alienate the group that made this shit popular in the first place. They will have little to no female support because most women could give fuck less about sci fi. I seriously don't get why its Everest like effort to simply just right a dope ass action story with women in it? They're more than half our population they don't need our numbers to make something successful if they just make it great.

20. darkcurry

^^ Yeah and let's not act like Kristanna Loken's Terminator wasn't kick ass! (Best thing about that movie.)
    [​IMG]

So don't they DARE try to act like this is groundbreaking.

I think Hollywood just loves to capitalizes off of any and everything that is a trend.