The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The first trailer for Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 ''beamed'' its way into San Diego Comic-Con. Check it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with 'Vikings', although I like Spartacus as well.

3. orejon4

I agree. When i said as much to a couple of friends, they looked at me as if I had committed blasphemy.

4. SilverSmith

I'm praying this series is another science-fiction epic in the vein of SYFY's The Expanse, which is moving to Amazon Prime.

[​IMG]

5. orejon4

This looks really interesting.

6. SilverSmith

In Origin, a chilling new original series from the producers of The Crown & Lost, we meet a group of troubled passengers as they wake up on a damaged vessel abandoned in deep space.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

^ Interesting concept. Everybody gunning for Netflix's crown. lol.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Wow. I had no idea that was supposed to be The Juice.

9. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Are the Nazis constructing a gateway to the multiverse? The new season kicks off in October.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Altered Carbon casts Avengers actor Anthony Mackie as season 2 star
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/27/altered-carbon-renewed-anthony-mackie/
    [​IMG]

Anthony Mackie is taking over as the show’s lead character Takeshi Kovacs. Mackie is stepping in for season 1 star Joel Kinnaman.

That seems to be the shows only casting change so it's potential IR. I guess they can getaway with a character change being as though the show is about
    As Netflix puts it: “The journey of Takeshi Kovacs spans hundreds of years, many different bodies, and planets. This allows the story to explore themes of identity, mortality, and the human soul. In this new season, Anthony Mackie will be the new embodiment of Kovacs, as the series continues to expand on these deeper themes and ideas across longer periods of times and different worlds throughout the universe.”

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Sooo, we just gonna ignore the possibility that Disney now owns the rights to any Batman TV shows?

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

How's that?

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

??????

14. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Warner Bros owns just about all aspects of the right to the Batman character expect the 1966 tv show and the live action tv rights those are both owned by fox which if the mergers go through would be owned by Disney. So Disney could create a live action Batman show.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't see Disney doing that. Too much of a Batman/Batman related glut as is on the Warner Brothers end. Makes no sense for Disney to try to cash in on a single character with ties to another company when they already have 3 " universes" of characters to play with.
    I can't see them doing a Sony type deal with Warner Brothers just to play with Batman in live action TV.

16. SilverSmith

Season 2 teaser gives the charcter his classic costume?!

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just the mask more than full on suit. Doubt that they'll give him the suit. If they do, he'll only get it because he's trying to establish himself as the new Daredevil type figure with Matt Murdock/Daredevil presumed dead.

With Scott Buck gone as showrunner and based on his recent appearance in Luke Cage Season 2, I'm willing to give Iron Fist Season 2 a look.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I hate Discovery to the core but will probably hate-watch the premiere just to see where they go with Pike

19. RicardoCooper

Slow your roll, the deal may not even go through

And even if so, FOX own the 1966 version of Batman so unless they want to make a new show that adheres to that style only, it can't happen

Fans have been foaming at the mouth for Marvel Studios to get the X-Men and FF back when Disney buys FOX. I personally think the X-Men are a mess & should stay in their own universe. FF could work if they reboot the timeline post-Avengers 4.

20. RicardoCooper

I'm geeked for this since his guest spot in Luke Cage, Danny killed it

It doesn't take much to get back on track, just make it like the comics, that's all