The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think they need to stop focusing on the nostalgia factor and focus on writing new stories or at the very least work on variations of old lesser known stories. I am still hoping for an “old republic” movie.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying. If this was any other movie with a huge budget and already cross that budget worldwide and sitting at close to $200 million domestically for just the past 2 weeks it wouldn't be considered a flop. Expectations are the reason it is. Millions of people still went and saw this movie.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THE GIFTED Season 2 Adds EMPIRE Actress Grace Byers As The Hellfire Club's Black Queen

[​IMG]

The Gifted has added its first season 2 series regular in the form of Empire's Grace Byers, and her character should be very familiar to long-time X-Men comic fans.

Byers will play Reeva Payge, also known as the Hellfire Club's Black Queen. This small-screen take on the villain is described as: “a smart, charming, authoritative, elegant, beautiful woman who is ruthless in her efforts to fight for her people. She leads an elite band of followers and has a soft spot for her new recruits, but is still capable of extreme violence in defence of her vision.”

Payge will align herself with Emma Dumont’s Polaris, Percy Hynes White’s Andy Strucker and the Frost sisters played by Skyler Samuels.

The Gifted returns for its second season this fall.

4. darkcurry

Love that this show keeps the racial and gender diversity going. Marvel is leading the way into the future of diversity in art on Television.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Looks the final season of "Gotham" is only going to be 10 episodes, instead of 13 episodes as originally thought according to the actress that plays Selena Kyle: http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/04/gotham-season-5-10-episodes-fox/

6. darkcurry

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

7. ColiBreh1

The actor that plays Wally West/Kid Flash is leaving both "The Flash" & "Legends of Tomorrow":

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Streaming YouTube's new sci-fi drama Impulse, and placing it on my binge-watch list after getting hooked on episode one.

9. ColiBreh1

FX just renewed "Atlanta" for a 3rd season: http://tvline.com/2018/06/07/atlanta-renewed-season-3-fx-donald-glover/

A lot folks of were speculating that the 2nd season would be the final season because all 4 members of the main cast have blown-up & are all doing other projects. I think this is the main reason there was only 1 or 2 episodes in this past 2nd season, where all 4 main cast members appeared in. At this point we shouldn't be surprised if the 3rd season doesn't premiere until late 2019 or even 2020.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Watching it now its really good

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I know I'm late AF but Flash running on water from an explosion was off the chain...lol.

Only five shows in and Flash is good. Gotta wonder when agents of shield picks up. 3/4 through the first season and its just ok so far.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Flash is good for the first 2 seasons. Starts to go downhill from there.

Agents Of Shield gets good in the second season and stays good. Period.

Gotham is good if you can embrace the crazy and look past Jada Pinket's character. The thing I like about Gotham is that it makes the concept of Robin make sense. And this Alfred, is my Alfred.

13. ColiBreh1

I'm only 6 episodes into this past season 4 of "Gotham". They introduce Dick Grayson/Robin later this season?

Also, I HATED Alfred in Season 1 mainly because his accent sounds Australian instead of British. But over time I gotta agree with you, this is the best version of Alfred onscreen, Live Action or Animated.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's whats up. I like getting to know the sheild team and if it picks up that soon I'm good with it.

Yeah I wonder why they created a new character for Gotham? "Fish Mooney?" I think I can deal with it tho because it will probably be interesting to see Jada back on the screen.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You should watch the Batman dope iteration of Alfred on that one as well.

16. samson1701

No. It's just seeing all the things Bruce tries to do as a kid, it would make since for him to train and allow a teenager to fight crime by his side. Having tried to fight Gotham's worst and lived to tell as a kid himself. It makes sense that he would believe a kid, with actual training, would be safe and effective. I wish they would include this aspect of Bruce's past into the character's actual comic book cannon.

The other thing you have to remember is that most of this doesn't happen in the comics. Gotham just takes these familiar characters and tells a different story, that takes a skewed path, to get to a place we're all acquainted with.

17. samson1701

Yeah, dude don't play. This Alfred, and the one from Gotham, are the reasons I'm looking forward to the new show centered around that character. So much potential there.

18. ColiBreh1

For real?! LOL, I've never watched "The Batman" because I hated on the show because I was loyal to "Batman: TAS"/DCAU/Timmverse. I eventually made exceptions for "Young Justice" and the Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray DC Universe Animated Original Movies though.

I suppose I should make exceptions for "The Batman" & the 2000's "Teen Titans" show. Was the 2000's "Teen Titans" series any good?

19. ColiBreh1

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I never thought of that. I suppose it would make more sense for him to have robin with this version of his past. I stopped watching this season because the pig arc was kind of lame to me. And I felt like that did Ras a disservice.