The Horror Files

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I was listening to Coast2CoastAM last night and the guest was a popular and respected paranormal guy who was really excited about Jordan Peele, and mentioned he was making Candyman, which I didn't know. (hadn't seen your posts here).

"Aaron Sagers is a historian and lecturer on the field of paranormal-themed entertainment, also known as "paranormal pop culture." He joined guest host Ian Punnett (Twitter) to explore doppelgangers in folklore, paranormal theory, and his interview with director Jordan Peele on his upcoming horror film "Us," as well as Netflix's massively popular "The Haunting of Hill House," and the theories it gets correct.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/02/16

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Bravo!! I really enjoyed these especially the first one. The last one is effectively implemented in a Netflix movie I just watched this month featuring the popular babysitter motif and several thick and gorgeous college friends on a working weekend in rural PA. You can find "The Hatred" in the horror section and one of the girls (a spectabulous blonde) just made an appearance on "All-American"

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Will Star As Lead In Jordan Peele's 'Candyman' Reboot

If he looks familiar, he should. Abdul-Matten starred as disco-loving thug Cadillac in Hip-Hop series Netflix’s 'The Get Down' as well as the movie blockbuster, 'Aquaman.' He also has his plate full as he will star in Peele’s forthcoming horror click, 'Us.' as well as HBO's 'Watchmen' series.

The reboot will revisit the neighborhood where the legend began: the now-gentrified section of Chicago where the Cabrini-Green housing projects once stood, per Variety.

"The similarity between comedy and horror is the importance of pacing," Peele told AJC last year.

"In both genres you have to build tension and release it very strategically. Everything I learned in my comedy career really came in handy."

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This creepy photo of a boy peering over a bannister was taken in 1976 during an investigation of Amityville house. Investigators were certain that no children were near the house when this photo was taken.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Love this. Where's it from?

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Random horror fan art someone put on Pinterest.

10. Young Herschel

Just got in the mail today my purchase of one of the MOST underrated horror flicks of this century ~ Unrated Director's Cut of "Rob Zombie's Halloween". I my humble opinion it's the ONLY version that plausibly presented Michael Myers and how he could even escape from Illinois State custody. I was so impressed that RZ understood how pivotal this plot hole is in EVERY other horror flick not just in "Halloween" but other similar movies it inspired.

If you have never seen this version . . . the unrated Director's cut then I highly recommend it. It only cost me $6.75 on Amazon and I got it free shipping in two days time :)

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've heard that version is pretty good. I may have to hit up Amazon if they've got it on Blu-ray, assuming I can't stream it anyplace.

12. Young Herschel

I couldn't find this version on Blu-Ray but no matter. Your Blu-Ray player will upgrade it anyway in conjunction with your 4K Smart TV so it is 1080i which is fine by me as it was surely shot in HD anyway in the winter of 2007. You really get your money's worth because of its extended two hour length rather than the shortened theatrical version . . . plenty of slash & smash murder as well as sex & nudity. When I buy a horror flick those elements are prerequisite while some horror/slasher flicks go PG-13 and leave you wanting more
    I assure you "Halloween" Unrated Director's Cut (2007) has everything you could ask for!!!

Do not settle for the R rated version because there are MAJOR variations!

There are three different releases of this Rob Zombie screenplay (theatrical version, Director's Cut and Unrated Director's Cut) which he directed with the blessing of John Carpenter who advised him to "Go forth and make it your own". Zombie then went forth and (wondered why should Michael Myers know how to drive a car so he astutely nixed that implausible behavior from other earlier Halloween releases of the 1980's) did just that by hiring the scariest guy he could think of to play the antagonist ~ Taylor Mane!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  13. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Oh, okay. lol. I went on a wild goose chase the other day to see where those were. lol.

15. Tamstrong

16. Tamstrong

17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

19. Tamstrong