The Horror Files

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

@Tamstrong , how do you find so many images to post here and in the funny, book lover, etc. threads? You've got skills!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. Tamstrong

Thanks. :D I've always found and saved stuff that interests me from all over the place online. Nowadays I find Pinterest (which I'm addicted to, lol) to be a good source of material to save and share.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Well, I personally consider you indispensable. And I bet I'm not alone. Keep up the good work!

5. Tamstrong

Aww, thanks; that sweet of you to say. I wouldn't call myself indispensable, but I appreciate the sentiment.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

AMC/Shudder Creepshow Anthology Series

[​IMG]

AMC has announced the cast and story for the premiere episode of its upcoming horror anthology revival series Creepshow.

Airing on AMC's horror premium streaming service Shudder, the first episode of the anthology series will be an adaptation of the Stephen King short story "Gray Matter." The episode stars Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul) and Tobin Bell (Saw). The premiere is helmed by The Walking Dead executive producer and director Greg Nicotero, who also serves as the showrunner of the upcoming Shudder original series. Additionally, the series has released the first photo of its new, undead host.

"I feel I’m in great company getting the opportunity to direct a story written by Steve," Nicotero said in a written statement. "Between Salem’s Lot, Pet Sematary and The Stand, I’ve always found his stories rich in relatable characters forced into supernatural situations beyond their control—the everyday person’s primal fears. To visualize ‘Gray Matter’ for Creepshow with the help of Adrienne, Giancarlo and Tobin was about as good as it gets for a horror fan from Pittsburgh!"

"Gray Matter" had originally been published in 1973 before being included in King's 1978 short story compilation Night Shift. The story follows two old men who brave a storm to check in on an alcoholic father after encountering his son in their small town. King himself is no stranger to the Creepshow franchise, writing the 1982 horror film directed by George A. Romero and appearing in one of its segments. Barbeau similarly appeared in a separate segment and looks forward to returning to the horror anthology franchise.

"I was thrilled when Greg asked me to join the Creepshow world once again,” Barbeau admitted. "And then working with Tobin and Giancarlo, with Greg as our director, well, that was the icing on the cake."

Eight of the 12 planned segments of the new series have been announced, including include “By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain” by Joe Hill, “House of the Head” by Josh Malerman (Bird Box), “The Companion” by Joe Lansdale, “The Man in the Suitcase” by Christopher Buehlman, “All Hallows Eve” by Bruce Jones, “Night of the Paw” by John Esposito and “Bad Wolf Down” by Rob Schrab. Principal photography on the six-episode first season is expected to wrap this week.

Creepshow is scheduled to premiere on AMC's Shudder streaming service later this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Currently on Shudder :

[​IMG]

Based on the book by Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman and directed by Xavier Burgin, Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror is an exploration of the world of horror films, specifically interested in exploring a black viewpoint. The much-anticipated documentary collects interviews with prominent filmmakers and actors from the world of horror, including Jordan Peele, Tony Todd, Ernest Dickerson, Keith David, Ken Foree, Kelly Jo Minter, and many more.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

9. Tamstrong

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

AMC has released the key art and an all new trailer in anticipation of the upcoming Ridley Scott-produced anthology series, The Terror: Infamy, premiering Monday, August 12 at 9:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.m. CT.

Featuring a cast and crew with deep-rooted connections to WWII, the internment of Japanese Americans and the aftermath in Hiroshima, The Terror: Infamy centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese American community, and a young man’s journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

[​IMG]

Link

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

AMC’s Shudder streaming service has revealed the Creepshow trailer and a premiere date of September 12.

Based on the 1982 horror film written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero, the anthology series comes from The Walking Dead executive producer Greg Nicotero.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Stand: Stephen King Writing New Ending for CBS All Access Series

[​IMG]

The Stand miniseries is getting an extra boost from the King of Horror himself, Stephen King. King will be writing a new ending for the CBS All Access series.

During the CBS All Access presentation at TCA, executive vice president of original content Julie McNamara made the announcement. “Stephen King writing continuation to The Stand, I can’t wait for that,” states McNamara. With King writing the last chapter of the series, there will be a new twist on the original novel.

Writer Stephen King revealed he has had the new ending for CBS All-Access' The Stand in mind for 30 years. What's more, he is happy showrunner Josh Boone gave him the chance to write it for the series.

The good news is that this shouldn't change the story too much. Instead, the ending King penned for The Stand series is a "final chapter" and a "coda" to the novel's story. King also stated that this final chapter is for the TV series only and he won't add it to the book.

This addition isn't the first time King made changes to The Stand. The novel initially released in 1978, and King was not happy that Doubleday cut over 400 pages from the book. In 1990, King released the "complete and uncut" version, with the material added back in. He also updated it from a setting of 1980 to 1985, with rewrites to add worldly references for the new timeframe.

The original ending sees Stu Redman returning to Boulder after the bomb explodes in Las Vegas to Fran Goldsmith. But the 1990 version's epilogue adds a darker layer with an amnesia-stricken Randall Flagg becoming a deity to a group of uneducated island inhabitants. It will be interesting to see what new take King will have for the story in today's world.

With King writing this new ending to the story, it marks the third version of his epic tale of an apocalypse caused by the spread of a disease known as Captain Trips.

Along with King's new ending for the series, McNamara confirms the rumored cast by announcing James Marsden as Stu Redman with Amber Heard, Odessa Young and Henry Zaga portraying Nadine Cross, Frannie Goldsmith and Nick Andros, respectively. Marilyn Mason will be a part of the series in an unknown role while contributing to the soundtrack.

The miniseries is expected to air in late 2020. Production is set to begin in September and end in March of next year.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

“Baby can you dig your man?”

I remember the epilogue... “I will teach you to be civilized”

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

R.I.P. SID HAIG

[​IMG]

Character actor Sid Haig passes away at the age of 80. A veteran performer with over 140 credits to his name, Haig gained fame late in life as a horror movie star, appearing as Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects.

Early on, Haig cut his acting teeth as a prolific TV performer, appearing on everything from Star Trek: TOS to The Flying Nun to Gunsmoke to Mission: Impossible. Haig’s early film credits included the Joe Namath B-movie vehicle C.C. & Company, George Lucas’ sci-fi classic THX 1138 and the blaxploitation films Coffey, Foxy Brown and Black Mama, White Mama. Haig’s roles in the latter three films inspired Quentin Tarantino to cast him in his own blaxploitation homage, 1997’s Jackie Brown, which re-teamed Haig with frequent ‘70s co-star Pam Grier. Tarantino would also tap Haig for his Kill Bill: Vol. 2. But it was Haig’s association with Zombie that would make him a horror star at the ripe old age of 60, introducing him to a whole new generation of fans.

The 80-year-old Haig was admitted to the hospital last week after taking a fall and later developed breathing complications. He was then moved to the ICU and was reported to have improved, but later took a turn for the worse. Both Zombie and Haig’s wife Susan L. Oberg took to social media to pay tribute to the late actor.

Appropriately, one of Haig’s final on-screen appearances is in Zombie’s current horror film 3 From Hell, which sees the actor again reprising the role of Captain Spaulding, the deranged proprietor of Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Mayhem (unfortunately, Haig's role in the film was cut down due to the actor's health issues). Next year, Haig is set to appear alongside Charles Fleischer in the horror film Hanukkah. Indeed, horror became Haig’s home in the latter part of his career, with appearances in B-grade titles like Death House, Zombex, The Inflicted and Hatchet III. Haig did make his way into some slightly more upscale fare as well, appearing in Zombie’s Halloween remake as well as S. Craig Zahler’s memorable horror-Western Bone Tomahawk.

Haig’s inclusion in films like Zombie’s horror outings and Tarantino’s epics is certainly testament to his status as a memorable character actor, and he indeed used his roles in these films as a springboard to a prolific late-career period that kept him on the map as a familiar and reliable character performer. Undoubtedly, he will be greatly missed by fans of horror films everywhere. Haig is survived by his wife Susan.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Devil’s Rejects was classic! RIP Sid Haig.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Tamstrong