The Growing OPIATE & OPIOID epidemic...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Jul 18, 2017.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. I've gotten messages on my foot before. It helps in the short term. But, it doesn't provide the long term relief. I've got nerve damage and circulatory problems in that one foot. Ice packs and opioids, so far are my best pain relievers.

I'm hoping that because I'm not a drinker or drug user, that medical marijuana will work. Just a little apprehensive about trying it again. Tried it once and had a horrible experience. Got damn edibles. ...lol Did forget about my foot, though. Probably because I thought I was going to die. ...LOL!!!

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Oh wow!

You might try Bowen Therapy....it can provide more long term relief. I don't know what area you are in.

I've been hearing about the cbd drops and spray and such. My son's been trying them for pain. There are also some cbd oils/lotions that a few friends of mine have been using.

I'm a bit apprehensive about the canabis too...I know everyone likes to say it's not addictive and it can't harm people and such but I'm seeing some different situations around that are a bit scary. I don't know if you have to take other meds though. My son does and it's hard to know about the interactions. A few weeks back the docs gave him something that messed him up really bad and he's still having some residual issues.

Have they tried Voltaren (it's a topical NSAID cream which is actually surprisingly effective) for your foot? It worked pretty well for my back.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Nancy Reagan Told me to Just say No!

Just tell the opioid users to say no.

I will not pay a penny towards anything else. If you OD then you OD. I'm not paying for some asshole police officer to stop me and harass me all because some junkie some where else is taking drugs.

With that being said EMT should carry it. If they should have to use it, then the person should be put on a payment plan. Anything concerning the police should be lessened. You do not know who the police are nowadays.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Shit, I totally forgot about the Voltaren Gel. Yep, I use that stuff everyday. Again, it helps make it bearable through the day. But, that's all it does. And, by the time 7 or 8 pm rolls around, my foot is swollen and hurting.

My marijuana mis-adventure happened because I was expecting it to work like medicine. You take it and it works in about 30 - 45 mins. Well, I ate some. Nothing happened. So, I ate some more. Still nothing happened. So, I ate the rest. Little while later, it hit me all at once. Like a bomb went off. I felt I was going to die. The fillings in my teeth literally felt like they were going to pop out of my head.

I was in this bitch like:
    [​IMG]

I made my girl call 911 and everything. I just knew it was over. They came and said I'd be alright. Just drink a lot of water. Then, my gf was watching some movie about angels and shit. I was like, are you trying to kill me? Turn that shit off! ...LOL!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You know what's really funny, it's not just us black people who carry this attitude about these drug addicts. Their's many MANY white people who carry the same exact opinions.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What are you seeing about Marijuana thats even remotely scary?

7. K

K Well-Known Member

When I was using Voltaren I had to use it around the clock.

That's awful about the edibles. I've heard situations like that though. Some odd things with people who are using too much or not the right ones etc.

Bowen Therapy can help with some of the structural issues. I don't know what area you are in or I could help refer someone.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

It's things like what Samson was saying.

Some psychotic stuff with people who smoke/use a LOT of it. Or who were smoking tons and suddenly stop. Some who have done too much at once...especially the first few times, etc.

Some who are taking other meds too so hard to say if it's some sort of interaction or something. I also wonder if maybe some people are allergic or something along those lines and that's why they seem to have a more extreme reaction.

I watched my son when he was using different strains and the difference between CBD and with THC and there's definitely some major differences. With TCH he was having some mania stuff.....some extreme times kindof like Samson said.

Definitely different than my experiences of smoking weed way back when. I definitely was getting the best of the best back then. From most of what I've seen though it seems like people are having experiences that are more in line with what I experienced. I think some people just do like Samson said and keep going when they need to back off....just like with anything.

I also don't buy the whole it's not addictive. People can be addicted to anything. I don't think that's a reason to not legalize it though. To me it isn't any different than any other herbs though. Just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it's all good and can cause no harm.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Samson was just paranoid. Since when do the paramedics show up just to tell someone to drink water......lmao!

And yes it can be somewhat addictive but thats almost completely psychological. And whats so bad about having a light addiction to something thats not that bad to begin with. Fast food is worse than marijuana and probably more addictive.

Caffeine is more addictive and like fast food that shit can KILL. I have a mild addiction to caffeine and it doesn't interfere with my life at all. Addiction comes in various degrees. Sometimes it really isn't an issue.

If someone is addicted to marijuana because they have a medical condition, I dont see the issue. Benefits vs Costs.

I have reasons for my caffeine addiction, but the benefits greatly out weight the costs.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lil Wayne was found unconcious.
    He suffered a grand mal-seizure.

Lean is another drug out here thats got our youth fucked up.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You think that's the only drug that he does? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Man, don't put Lean in the same category with Meth & Heroin.

This. If you listen to the lyrics of popular Trap Rappers nowdays (i.e. Future, Lil Uzi Vert, Migos, Travis Scott, Young Thug, 21 Savage, & etc.) or even The Weekend, they clearly rapping/singing about more than just Lean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's his go-to drug, though.
    It was what precluded his previous seizure that hospitalized him.

Giving the opiate up is extremely difficult. It's not taken seriously because it's got 'cute' additives and was always "just" a poor hippie man's trip drug in the 60's. Of course now it's resurgence is glamourized in current day hip-hop so it's now immortalized. I think it could easily take his life.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Huh? Codeine is an opiate used to treat pain. It's no joke.
    There's even a whole cult of hip hop beats created called screw music chopped and scewed), named after DJ Screw who died from drinking Lean. Others like A$AP Yams died from it. Deaths have doubled in Australia from Coedine. Get your head out of the sand, mate.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We don't know if its his "go to" or if he simply raps about it perhaps because blow and X isn't considered cool.

Lol

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a "cult of hip hop beats".

Screw Music is a style of music based on slowing down the beat and chopping up verses.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm familiar because DJ Screw created the technique. The style came about because of his love of beats and Lean, where apparently the beats are honed to optimize a 'leaner's' listening pleasure.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

An Examination of it..

Part 2 of our “Obscure Hip-Hop Genres” series heads down to the muggy streets of Houston, TX – the birthplace of the codeine-fueled, hazy sounds of Chopped and Screwed.

"...we examine the gauzy, codeine-guzzling sounds of one of hip-hop’s more psychedelic styles: Chopped and Screwed"

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/06/04/chopped-and-screwed/

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Pssssst.....why you always posting up and directing shit like all us negroes came up in the all white burbs or something?? Some folks may have first hand knowledge about all this already.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List