Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I understand completely. I don't think Star Wars as a franchise can recover from the last three underwhelming movies. The Last Jedi, in particular, was the straw that broke the camels back for my fandom. My 40-year Star Wars love affair is over, we are just casual friends now.

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The funny thing is the people who like the last jedi don't actually like star wars, which is why lucas film is slowly killing off interest in their own content.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This statement is very accurate. Oddly enough, if they actually listened to some of the fanboys (the non-racist ones), they could have had great input on creating a larger story and universe. The Last Jedi played out more like one of those shitty parody movies, slapstick comedy included.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The new gameplay trailer for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, the single-player game from developer Respawn Entertainment.

[​IMG]

5. SilverSmith

Electronic Arts has released a new extended gameplay demo for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

[​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

New Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Trailer :
    Star Wars Resistance will return for its second and final season October 6th, on the Disney Channel and in DisneyNOW, with subsequent airings on Disney XD.

7. SilverSmith

The new official poster for the original Disney + Star Wars series.

[​IMG]

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Cool, finally something Star Wars related to be excited about.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

People who liked The Last Jedi not actually liking Star Wars are like the people who like Discovery not really liking Star Trek.

11. meowkittenmeow

Lol. They really showed their ass with TLJ.

12. SilverSmith

Disney's has dropped the official poster for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker , and I'm delirious.

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

Holy Mandalore System, he's one bad mutha. Take all my money, Disney! [​IMG]

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I recall those good ol' days of promise when there was such a pretense of Finn mattering that he actually appeared on the D23 posters.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. RicardoCooper

Rey couldn't put Finn in the friend zone fast enough. Eyeroll.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

And that was the least of the problematic decisions regarding the handling of the character.

17. meowkittenmeow

Oh, you didn’t like Otis... I mean Finn the janitor getting put in the friend zone by the force sensitive with the fivehead? Well, maybe they will set him up with the Asian character? In spite of the fact that that character is as bad as Dern’s character. It is a god awful mess.

JJ backed out knowing damn well Cryin Johnson was going to fuck it up. This way he gets to “save the day” and ask for way more money and creative control. Brilliant move, but anally fucked the fans.

18. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The prequel trilogy had its warts, but GL had a story he wanted to tell and told it. I have no idea what this sequel trilogy dreck is. Finn was the Jedi bait-n-switch for Rey and Rey is the bait-n-switch protagonist for Kylo, and this love affair with mythologizing white male psychos is wasted on me.

19. meowkittenmeow

The mythologizing of psychos is prevalent in certain cultures. When it comes to the type of women who love those kinds of guys, they are normally warped. They like the psychos when they think they can control them (they don’t want to change them, just control the psycho stuff for their own purposes). They only call it toxic when they can no longer control it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. RicardoCooper

yOu aRe a sExiSt MisOgyNist mAn-bAbY! tOxic fAndOm! cOmiCsGate! wAhhhh