Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I wonder if Finn will be the same bumbling buffoon he was in The Last Jedi.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Look at tiny-ass Finn. Welcome to the periphery of inclusion!

4. meowkittenmeow

That young man carried a good portion of the film The Force Awakens (until Harrison Ford showed up). Now he seems to be barely an afterthought. I suppose we have Kathleen Kennedy to thank for that.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

One interesting thing I noticed about the poster is that the good guys' side has one Latino, three black people, and three women.

6. SilverSmith

New promo images for the Mandalorian, debuting November 12 on Disney+, starring Pedro Pascal (Narcos) in the titular role as an intergalactic bounty hunter. I can't wait!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. SilverSmith

Hold on to your hyperdrives! [​IMG]
    The final trailer is here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  10. meowkittenmeow

Unfortunately, I have zero excitement for this. Sighs...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The visuals are intriguing, but overall... meh, Thanos is out of work right now, maybe they could’ve thrown him in the mix as well. I’ll watch this bullshit on a streaming service at some point.

12. meowkittenmeow

Same.

13. SilverSmith

The cinematic version of Jim Starlin's Thanos sucked as a bad guy. Good riddance to the overhyped, overstuffed, overrated, phase one of the MCU.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I was hoping this "final" trailer would rope me in, but.........nope. I'll probably end up seeing it anyway because, to be honest I don't have anything else to do in late December.

15. SilverSmith

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Really? This is surprising because my local theater still has quite a few seats left on opening night and the weekend has multiple showtimes with only a few seats sold. Endgame on the other hand was sold out for the whole opening weekend only a few hours after tickets went on sale.

17. SilverSmith

The team behind Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order used stellar sound design and animation to create a character with heart: BD-1.
    The third-person action adventure game is launching November 15, 2019 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Origin.

Let's get familiar with the droid.

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

McGregor Reveals Obi-Wan Kenobi Filming Start and Episode Count
    10/25/2019

Obi-Wan Kenobi actor Ewan McGregor has confirmed exactly when the upcoming Disney+ Star Wars series centred on the character is set.
    McGregor, who appeared in George Lucas' prequel trilogy in the early 2000s, is reprising his Jedi role for the small screen venture which was confirmed during this summer's D23 Expo.

Speaking to Men's Journal, McGregor revealed the exact place of the series in the Star Wars timeline, despite admitting he wasn't allowed to say anything about the project.
    "The storyline sits between Episode III and Episode IV," he said, before going on to explain what was going on with the character when he was last in the role.
    "The Jedi Order was falling apart," he continued. "It will be interesting to take a character we know in a way and show him – well, his arc will be quite interesting.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a29590247/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-series-ewan-mcgregor-timeline/

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

That's because the Imperials are Space Nazis.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Disney has been known to buy up tickets for its own movies to pump up weak numbers for these bullshit girl power flicks. They allegedly did the same thing for Captain Marvel.