Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There is always a killing to be made in sales. It doesn't take skills in a STEM field for that.

Hard pass

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Depends on the sales but I hear you. You thinking design?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You can become rich by opening up a church or selling chicken sandwiches to negroes

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Jobs don't really matter to me. If I take a job in maintenance I'll be basically doing what I have before with the added green light of changing the schematics when needed.

In that case I would just continue to design at home as a hobby, while getting better and better.

If I design on the job it may just affect my free time hobbies a little.

There is always the option of going in business for myself and having a partner that actually likes sales leaving me free to actually think and create.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Goal : Build my own models that estimate the trajectory of hurricanes by next season. The predictions for Dorain have been awful so far. The weather people have to overshoot for politics and the rest of the errors could have been sheer incompetence. Starting next season I'll be self reliant for these predictions. I can't do any worse.

Right now it seems like two forces acting on the system one with a constant magnitude going north, the other is variable going west. As the westward vector gets weaker (speed) the northward force asserts more influence, thus the slower it moves west the sharper the angle of trajectory due to it turning north.

The forces need to be identified and I'll go from there.

The forces driving the class of the system (cat 5) are less important when you consider that the hurricane force winds extend only for a 30 mile radius from center, at least for this system.

6. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

wsup.. wsup?!

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back, Gem!!! It's good to see you again! How's life been treating you?

8. Gemini74

hey hun, yeah.. been a while, thought i need to bounce in and see how everyone is doing. i m good and so is life n with you?

9. Tamstrong

I'm glad you did; I've missed you. Glad to hear things are good. I'm doing okay. God's getting me through as always.

10. Gemini74

i m very glad to hear that! yes.. he does. hey i ve been to the states lol. took me damn 43 years but i finally made it^^

11. Tamstrong

That's awesome! Did you go anywhere in particular? What did you think of this crazy country and its crazy people?

12. Gemini74

i ve been to tampa, florida last year and actually i m heading back there next spring if everything falls in place. hey. i am crazy. i love crazy. and i mos def love that place!.. besides spare ribs, coffeemate and my newports which i cant get here^^... but it was actually an experience. germany is no cheap place tho , but that over there is some else. fresh stuff like veggies and fruits are incredible expensive over there compared to here.

13. Tamstrong

I'm so glad you had a great experience, and if you love crazy then you came to the right place. lol I've never been to Florida, but I know a lot of folks who love it there. Yep, sometimes the pricing on fresh fruits and veggies is outrageous, and it's only getting more expensive.

14. Gemini74

well i definetly understand now why lots of ppl are so unhealthy. all that fast food n stuff i ve seen around was cheaper then cooking some good. it s unlogical, but lots of things are. nevertheless, it was great.. got around a lot, kennedy space center, seaworld, and lots of other places. florida is wonderful aslong u stay out of those hurricans.

15. Tamstrong

Yep, unhealthy is the price people pay for the convenience and cheaper options. A lot of life is illogical, but that's to be expected when it comes to human nature. lol Sounds like you had an awesome time. Yeah, hurricane season is definitely a pretty huge downside. In Texas we have tornadoes, occasional flooding, and these days a lot of shootings.

16. Gemini74

well wouldnt have wanted to be down texas the other time there was that flood tho, when was that, 3 years ago or some? family of a friend of mine got hit bad by it, locked in the house for three days, car wrecked and running low on water. was definetly not funny

17. Tamstrong

It's pretty scary when it happens. Fortunately where I live is elevated enough it's never affected my house, but it did affect my workplace a couple of times. Sounds like a nightmare. An old employee lost her grandson in a flash flood several years ago when a storm hit. It was awful.

18. Gemini74

it s good u were able to stay out of it so far and i wish things for you to stay that way. its always terrible if lifes are being lost tho. i came to tampa before rainseason was suppose to kick off but still it rained the entire two weeks with just a two day break ( sunshine state.. that was my runnin gag) .. one time it was so bad we didnt even see the street anymore and i was told thats nothing compared to how it is, when it really starts. still scary and very different from here.

19. Tamstrong

We typically deal with more drought than we do excessive rain, so it doesn't flood in this area too often. If that's nothing, I'd hate to be there when it's really coming down. It's good that you didn't encounter any of the heavy stuff. It's also good you don't have to deal with any crazy weather there. In Texas it's all over the place.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This is random