Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm doing well. Glad you are too

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Lol thx! Taking me back!

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm with you. All I keep thinking is two things. Since when do white men with that kind of money ever face consequences for anything especially in this country. Money is literally the ultimate get of jail free card. So either he's living like a king in country we never think about like Loas or Myanmar where the locals ain't posting pics to social media all crazy or the people he could indict said fuck it and killed him. No way someone on suicide watch who is such a high profile case is left alone like that.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Chocolate Mayonnaise.

That is all.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How is it going MS? How was the FE exam?

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yuck

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Everyone get your blood pressure checked it turns out mine was very high for mmsny years without me knowing an I had a serious stroke 4 weeks
    My brain swelled so much it crossed the center line of my skull and caused kidney damage I almost checked out but I’m to strong
    all will be well again just need aboutweeks before I get to go home I’m getting a slot stronger every day but still recovering on the left side of my body

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Stay strong brother. Glad to know you're on the road to recovery.

Good advice. I need to see if I still have my home testing machine.

10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

How scary, Loki! Thank God you were strong enough to make it! I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend and getting stronger, and I'm praying you have as quick and smooth a recovery as possible. Much love and hugs to you, man.

11. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Wish you a speedy recovery.

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Thanks to all with the best wishes and kind words. It’s been hell headaches like you would not believe and a lot of overcoming nerve pain during physical therapy to regain motion in my rleft leg and arm but as I said I ain’t be stopped until I’m all the way back!!!!!

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bro, get well, soon. I'm sorry to hear about your stroke. Be blessed. You are in my prayers.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Prayers to you & yours. Continue on your path to recovery.

15. The Dark King

Are we talking actuarial exam? That one was actually pretty easy if you took high level stats

16. The Dark King

Damn you've crossed my mind a few times. So happy you came out of it ok brother. Be well and stay well praying for you.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No. "Fundamentals of Engineering"

The way it works is you take it and pass then work with someone that has a license for a while then you take the exam for your license.

After that you can put P.E. behind your name.

The only thing it's for is to be able to sign off on the safety aspect of a project but it's usually a salary booster as well.

Actually Civil engineers need it because they deal with tons of projects that require plenty of safety measures. Being in electrical engineering I really don't need it for most projects unless it's something like solar panels that go on a house or something like that.

Thing is my school requires us to take it before graduation, even though I'm not actually required to pass but since I have to take it anyway, I may as well make it count.

For something like deciding where to put power poles a civil engineer would decide that, they have electrical problems to solve on their test as well, just not as in-depth as in electrical engineering. Also they don't usually deal with as much math as we do on the job. Almost everything in electric requires Calc and trig to explain.

At my school the civil engineers don't even have to take Calc 3 so I know there are differences on the test depending on your field but we all have to know the basics of any engineering discipline.

In this class I have this semester we have all types of engineers in there.
    Ocean, mechanical, electrical, civil ect.

They are going to have me in there building bridges too.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Anyone planning on being an actuary is going to need Calc 2 at some point. Trust me, you don't know how to integrate until you've had that class.

The probability of an event can be measured by the area under the curve. You need integration for that.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Wow, brother. Glad to see you're still around. I've got high blood pressure too, my doc gave me meds I'm taking. In fact I'm going next week to get it monitored. Thanks for the warning.

20. The Dark King

Both my dad and my brother are electrical engineers. Tough work but there's a killing to be made in sales once you get a couple of years under your belt.