NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Really LAW/Meow? At what point does "calling out" become petulant harrassment behavior?

I ALREADY responded to him as you can see. But he refused to read them and somehow accused me of giving the NFL a pass and other idiot made up things, ignoring where l clearly said l was against it. Instead, he drones on, chasing me in threads. I'm not the only one he does this to.
    This is the final repeat reply to him on this because I'm not wasting anymore time on it.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This! I personally would stand, but I get where Kaepernick is coming from. His salary/endorsements are irrevelant because at the end of the day... Sadly, he's seen as just another n____r. I think a lot of people are quick to ignore that it's hard living in this skin day to day, and sadly, they think we should just "get over it".

Agreed!!! I felt bad for laughing too, but that response was funny as heck

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's not White Southerners, it's a misnomer.

Why don't you respect Colin's actual words. He said he has no pride for it.
    If you claim this is about free speech rights then stop diluting his comment to suggest that he has pride. Take him at his word.

No one is missing his point. He made it loud and clear. But it seems everyone is missing the reaction point that the flag gave him the very Right to speak out, so why attack it?

Of course he can speak out on any issue but it's the pure definition of oxymoronic thinking to say what he said about the flag and there are consequences to his free speech comment. You of all people know this.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I like how you left out that part where I caught you in a lie... but, ok. And yes, goodlove does drone on and on... almost as often as you do in this thread. I want to thank you. You made this thread all kinds of entertaining. :freehug:

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Because CK refuses to stand and "show pride for a flag for a country that oppresses Black people," means he has NO pride in the flag??

That's a stretch.

You're talking like not standing for the National Anthem is the equivalent of burning it.

The flag is just a symbol. We the people are the ones who give it meaning, and if we aren't living up to the ideals represented by the American flag, we are dishonoring it.

This is REAL patriotism, but most Americans gloss over the actual hard work involved in being a 'good' American.

Colin is right in believing that by our very actions, collectively, what the flag is supposed to stand for has been perverted.

I saw his protest as more of an effort to force all of us to remember what that flag stands for and to live up to its ideals.

I totally understand after watching this epidemic of police shooting that CK has a serious problem with what this country is really about.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

How is it a stretch? He said it. Take him at his word.

So not living up to or having ideal lives is dishonoring the flag? Where is his accountability in contributing to the dysfunction. What has he done for oppressed people except critize.

I swear, any steps forward of this country are ignored and spat on. Very sad.
    Like West said..how about going to visit the soldiers stuck in oppressive countries and let them lose themselves a little in some Americana by throwing the ball with them and shake their hands...BLMM is constantly at the forefront and no one was ignoring them..
    He's a jerk for attacking the flag.

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Protesting the flag does not mean you're anti-military or against soldiers.
    We're going in circles.
    CK is not attacking the flag.

As a symbol of what this country stand for, freedom, justice and liberty, Colin IMO believes the flag at present no longer represents those ideals because of the injustices he sees happening against minorities by law enforcement nationwide.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Why did you replace Beastys name with mine?
    Funny how "attacking " the flag always means more to your ilk than actually fighting for the people.
    People who criticize so damn hard rarely do anything themselves.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I have no clue what you're talking about. I never spoke your name or Beasty's. :confused:

10. DudeNY12

Agreed! I definitely saw it as yet another smokescreen to intentionally distract from the issue at hand.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Just like the all lives matter bs. Funny how that NEVER comes up when someone says Blue lives matter.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Omg AB, he DID attack the flag. He flagrantly sat down to protest it because Black people are oppressed. And he said he will continue to sit in defiance against it until all blacks are not oppressed.
    So a press conference would not be a better venue to get his POV out? Did he CHANGE anything? Did he bring the country closer? Did he by insulting the flag, stop oppression?
    Like l said he's lazy as hell...he has the money and time to go on the frontlines and help oppressed black people and he hasn't.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Issue at hand? Well he said Hillary belongs in jail. So let's discuss!!

14. DudeNY12

OK... Then, the appropriate authorities need to make that happen through due process, of course.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt023

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Another good point. Lol

18. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

The foot in mouth was pretty funny. Not as funny as Optimus Prime though. Nice try on the guilt trip though.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well the appropriate authorities headleader met her husband on a tarmac for 45 mins and has refused to indict her.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Dude. You're beyond disgusting mocking this guy.