NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

For real... I just heard him.. Now he's talking about Hillary should be in Jail for her emails and Trump is unfit.. Dude..we've been played.
    Lol.. He wants that contract bad. I'm out.. I saw this shit ploy with the gay player. Y'all on your own. Peace.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Women of color and indigenous women have a very well known history of oppression. As far as white women go, they too suffer oppression, but not to the degree of women of color and indigenous women. In addition to that, white women are not only oppressed, but are in a position to oppress people (at least in America), which is the main point of anything I have ever said in regards to the differences between black men, women of color, and white women. These are just facts. I hope that clarifies it.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Kaeperknick have always been outspoken about the racial injustices, his twitter is full of tweets about it. You're making how he chose to go about it into a bigger issue than the real issue. Either you have something against him, your patriotic(lol) or you have an agenda.

5. darkcurry

I understand that. White women that are on the opposite side should realize that, I mean look at the women at FOX NEWS with the whole Roger Ailes situation. They are finding out just where they stand with the people taking Roger Ailes side. People have already started calling Megyn Kelly a traitor.

6. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Give me a break. He's on the field and everyone wants a piece of him. If it's such a cushy posotion then go talk to romo and tell him he's a whimp or Peyton to stop whining about that neck injury

Well stated.

Hhmmmm.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh........Where did you hear that from? The media's been reporting that Colin sat down all preseason. Folks didn't notice before becasue he wasn't suited up to play.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Don't speak for veterans just because you didn't serve.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I just read on other forums that CK has been sitting during the National Anthem before, not just this preseason.
    He sat the previous preseason games this year but no one noticed because he wasn't dressed out to play.

Whether or not you think QBs are protected by the NFL, there are only a handful of football players with the skillset to START in the NFL at QB and Colin is one of them. Or used to be.:smt042

THe NFL isn't doing CK a 'favor' by allowing him to play in the NFL. He's a valued asset because of his ability and physical skills for the position.

Not standing for the National Anthem doesn't mean Kaepernick hates America.

The American flag is just a symbol and only deserving of the respect bestowed upon it by the actions of the people who fly the flag and uphold the ideals and values of the Constitution.

When you consider there's an AMerican flag flying near every local jail and police precinct in this country, Colin definitely has a point.

About Ali, at the time the majority of conservatives were against his stance on the Vietnam war, for many of the same reasons CK is being eviscerated by the Right today.

Ali didn't love this country. He wasn't being a good patriot. He didn't love the flag and was a traitor, etc.

I think people are making this a bigger deal than it is.

CK is within his rights to make a political protest
    What the flag stands for guarantees him that right.

10. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

Testy! Lmao

11. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL.
    Bliss do you get this heated when you find out there are Black folk who don't celebrate the 4th of July and to them it's just an excuse to eat barbeque with the family??

Are they being unpatriotic too?? Do they hate the country???

Blacks protest shit out of a deep love of country, not hatred.

If we really thought there was no point and America couldn't change, we'd all sit the fuck down and shut up.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm..hmmm....and you do know why I "brought up white people", right?

Also why do you always put my screen name in caps???:confused:

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Remember the scene in the film Billy Jack when some of the young students from the Freedom School sing the national anthem and one of them is sitting down and doing nothing as the others are trying to get him to join in? As they continue to sing, they beat the man up until he is unconscious. The scene, I think, had a double meaning, that if you show your support for your country, you're fine. If not, you'll be considered disloyal and a traitor. I think this is what just happened to this man.

14. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Thank you. He would not last long. He wouldn't be in the military long enough to get dust on his boots before he try to commit suicide cause basic training is so hard

15. darkcurry

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We can speak for ourselves. If you want respect show some. This is just common sense.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Exactly. He doesn't qualify to speak for us.

18. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

He's a sugar foot

Exactly. He's not qualified to make ranger pudding from my mre

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

When appropriate venues for addressing injustices continually bare little fruit, then inappropriate venues become perfectly, appropriate.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  20. darkcurry