Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I wasn't even keeping that much an eye on this story because I came away with the impression that the female lead was going to be a very young teenage girl and therefore no relationship possibilities with Mackie's character. I was wrong. And this does look good.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah, Margot owned that role. Now that I look at it I couldn't see Kristen in that role.

3. darkcurry

You know what I'm thinking... I'm thinking that maybe Mackie is in Amy Adams' character's flashbacks? Kind of like in the way we see it done with Mamoudou Athie's scenes in Sorry For Your Loss where that's where he'll only exist.

What you think?

4. darkcurry

What has been your favorite IR Movie and movie with IR in it so far?

Me:
    Favorite IR Movie:
    A United Kingdom

Favorite Movie With IR In It:
    Bird Box

5. darkcurry

(Potential, not definite. But one to keep a look out on.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...oore-star-Netflix-ensemble-film-Let-Snow.html

Kiernan Shipka, Isabela Moner and Shameik Moore to star in
    Netflix ensemble film Let It Snow

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Set during a once-in-a-century snowstorm on Christmas Eve, Let It Snow follows several high school seniors who discover unexpected opportunities as well as complications that test their friendships, love lives, and aspirations for the future. "

6. darkcurry

7. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

The last 3 minutes of this movie will make the racist white boys heads explode...LOL

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Me @ those racist white guys:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. darkcurry

I forgot it was out today. I gotta check it out some time.

10. darkcurry

Just watched IO and I get what the movie tried to be. (My Review)

First the performances were great especially by Margaret Qualley. The concept was different and made sense from other apocalyptic movies where humanity
    dies off.
    I like the explanation in the beginning.
    I thought it was pretty intriguing that once earth became inhabitable and the atmosphere was killing people they launched an EXODUS program to start a Colony on Jupiter aka IO. Sam(Margaret Qualley) stayed behind with her dad to try and save earth.
    The cinematography was very beautiful it would've looked great in a theatrical release. As the movie goes things get complicated here and there. Anthony Mackie's character Micah was a mystery that I thought they could've at least shed a little more light on since
    he and Sam began to show affection for each other and get more acquainted once her long distance relationship with a guy named Elon on IO ended.
    I began to concentrate on why his character was there until the big reveal. The relationship between Sam and Micah ended leaving you with questions because
    when she took her gas mask off we don't know if she died or not. And as she narrated the end of the movie you see her on the beach with a kid whom we assume was Sam's who left after failing to get her to get on a EXODUS ship with him.
    but it could've been a dream... I guess we'll never know since I just saw that they wanted the ending to be up to the viewers.

The movie was I felt missing some conversations and scenes that could've helped this out to be better, but I say it was pretty creative average apocalyptic flick. I give it points for creativity and the IR arc even though it was kind of short and could've had a little more depth to it as well.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Hope to see those flicks soon.

12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Hope Jordan puts multiple IR scenes in it to really kick up the horror and suspense to an unexpected level

13. darkcurry

In the trilogy they touched on it telling a bit of the story of him and Caroline.

My old friends and I used to watch this when it came out on blockbuster and they used to think I was weird that I found His affect on Helen strangely romantic. LOL!
    [​IMG]

14. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

The third one with Donna D'errico of "Baywatch" had clear interracial implications and nudity. So the precedent is there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Gina Rodriguez was on "Sway in the Morning" today & responded to the criticism about her being Anti-Black:

16. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Never felt she said anything reckless. This was overblown and fueled by a couple of loud mouth, pseudo-intellectual internet magpies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

lol. Sorry but I'm not buying those tears. I don't think she's anti-black. She's a proud latina woman. She's doing the same thing these black feminist are doing if you switch the wording around from latina to black she's a latina feminist. lol.

All these feminist sound a-like if you switch the races around. lol.

So they should really hear themselves when she speak about latina women. But I will say even though those tears seemed fake to me she did say something real about folks treating other human beings like clickbait thinking they know what's in people's hearts.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Gina Rodriguez is trending on Twitter right now:

https://twitter.com/search?q="Gina Rodriguez"&src=tren
    [​IMG]

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

20. darkcurry

That's too much. I just read some of those tweets and they're more on her than they are with these celebs that have ACTUALLY made or done some racist or racially ignorant shit. Black people's priorities when it comes to racism is messy as fuck.