Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It says in that article No one knows who Mackie's character is supposed to be.
    I'm going to use this phrase again(lol) but is this wishful thinking? lol.

But seriously is there any info on his character being Amy Adams' husband?

That "Against All Enemies" flick is based on a true story I remember hearing about this. It sounds good!

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Well there's definitely an agenda portray IR onscreen when you got Kristen Stewart, who we all know is racist, is now going out of her way to play a character who is romantically involved with a black civil rights activist.

3. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

In imdb page u see black girl her last name like amy adams character

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Why or how do "we" know KS is racist???

5. darkcurry

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6111574/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Oh, so you're saying since the little girl who's last name is the same as Amy Adams' character(Anna Fox) that must be her daughter?.... And the little girl is played by african american(mixed) actress Mariah Bozeman. So to you that means her and Anthony are a couple even though his character don't even have a name that made that little girl together.

Good detective work... but the problem is there is another black man in this and although he don't have the same last name that don't mean he couldn't be the father or since Anthony's character doesn't even have a name that the father is even in the picture... but we shall see.

6. ColiBreh1

Online rumors about Kristen Stewart being racist first started coming out around maybe 2012. But she embarrassingly exposed her racism to world when this happened in April 2013:

If you want to read the reactions from when this news broke: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/kristen-stewart-drops-out-of-film-after-will-smith-signs-on.107115/

I guess her being looked at as racist got so bad, she did this transparent AF scene for this short film featurette thing for the New York Times with Chadwick Boseman in December 2014:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/10/magazine/this-years-best-actors-in-9-kisses.html

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

to suggest racism is a large leap without much evidence - circumstantial evidence, at that. She could just as easily have believed that Will isn't as good of an actor as Ben, or had fears their chemistry would be awkward or the production might take a silly turn - Will tends to lean heavier on comedic wit than drama. He did do a good job on that film. Margot Robbie was stunning in Focus - No harm, no foul.

8. ColiBreh1

The thing you're forgetting is back in early 2013 was after the "Twilight" film franchise had ended & Kristen Stewart need something big to stay relevant as a Hollywood actress or she would've ended up as an irrelevant washed-up actress from a popular teen movie franchise. She was lucky AF to be casted as a co-lead with Ben Affleck in a upcoming big film because everyone back than thought was a weird AF pairing, the chick from "Twilight" being paired with A-list male actor in Ben Affleck. So she was in no position career-wise to turn down the role after Ben Affleck was replaced by Will Smith, another A-List male actor who was about the same age.

Also everyone agreed that it was a win that Kristen Stewart ended up being replaced by Margot Robbie. So that goes without saying.

9. darkcurry

Yeah her excuse exposed that, but it's been years and I don't like to do what social media does and hold people accountable for their past. She haven't really given me a vibe that suggests she still feels this way... but then again I haven't really been following Kristen Stewart. lol. But she is doing this type of movie about the civil rights movement and COINTELPRO. So I don't know, but I'am interested in seeing this story turned into a movie.

10. Rashad

Rashad Active Member

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/nowhere-michigan/id1441993578

But i'm guessing/hoping there will be more.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

She made some comments back in 2016 that had people outraged: https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Kristen-Stewart-Quotes-About-Diversity-Hollywood-39941432

12. darkcurry

excerpt from the article: "Update: Variety originally reported that Kristen's comments were about diversity. They have since changed the post to clarify that her quotes were addressing gender equality: "Correction: An earlier version of the text accompanying this video erroneously attributed Stewart's comments to 'diversity.' We have since clarified above that her comments were addressing gender equality."

And you know what even if she was talking about racial diversity she's right. She came off as someone that's tired of talking about doing something rather than doing something and I agree. And we seen what happens when the actors themselves go out and DO something so yeah I agree.

13. darkcurry

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

K. Stewart did not decide on who

This is a horrible take. She was pretty damn relevant back in 2013 and had a slew of choices and directions to go in. The twilight series was still fresh in the minds of Hollywood Ruling Class so how could she be as desperate as you are making her out to be? One year later she would even become more intriguing in the business by doing a couple of quality foreign and arthouse films and she is no widely considered to be one of the best actresses of her generation.

15. JamalSpunky

That's the key thing. I don't care who Stewart would have been playing opposite of, she was not "hot" enough for what was required of this role. When I first saw pictures of Margot Robbie I said to myself THAT was someone, as a red-blooded male, I wanted to see on screen. And she and Smith ended up having great chemistry. Everything came out right for everyone. It was a win-win and yet people here still clinging to their Stewart bitterness like right-wingers cling to their guns. Let. It. Go.

16. JamalSpunky

When she made the remarks and they were attributed to racial diversity (which may have been the case), I didn't take issue with it. After awhile people get sick of hearing about these things, especially if it doesn't affect your real life in terms of freedoms, rights and opportunities.

17. JamalSpunky

1-She agreed to do the video and didn't object to being alongside Boseman obviously.
    2-She had no control over what the video was going to be about anyway.

I just don't buy into the notion that she showed up in it because she was trying to combat some internet rumor that she was racist for not staying on the "Focus" film after Will Smith came aboard. I have my doubts she even knew that rumor was floating around.

By the way she has also done another film in which she is the star and her character has a black husband (played By Kelvin Harrison Jr). The movie is called "Jeremiah Terminator LeRoy" and made its debut at TIFF a few months back to so-so response. I can attest that Kelvin Harrison suggested that the to of them bonded really well.

And this probably doesn't matter but I can recall way back when there was gossip that she had hooked up with her "Catch That Kid" co-star Corbin Bleu during the making of that film.

18. JamalSpunky

Well, obviously no considering the movie didn't just get made after the success of "Bird Box".

19. JamalSpunky

Doubt it'll have a great a display of acting chops as Z

20. JamalSpunky

That's a great find. When he was first cast no one seemed to know what role he was to play. I wonder if his character even exists in the novel? If he does then he's probably not black in the book otherwise people would have guessed his role.

That "another black man" so happens to be the great Brian Tyree Henry and he plays the detective role from the novel that from all indications did not have a child with Amy Adams' character.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List