Kamala Harris' "blackness" is questioned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DudeNY12, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Playing the same stunt as Hillary just gives credence to the criticism that she is a DNC lackey. If she is going to copy someone's playbook she should be copying Obama's, he made his "look at me doing black things" moments seem genuine.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don't think she has a genuine bone in her body.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Obama was authentic. He dapped up Kevin Durant and did that Mic drop like me meant it lol

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Don't forget this:

5. The Dark King

The GOAT

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. RicardoCooper

Right? I knew he'd be POTUS after that

7. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Yeah, she has been around Black people. That's why I've been saying that she's an empty suit. If she can't intuit how bad this stuff is making her look and put the people running her campaign in check, then she's a terrible politician. IMO The only reason she's in the Senate is because the party insiders realized that she checked a bunch of boxes and decided to give her the institutional support necessary to get elected to state office in California.

The Dem establishment is also tipping their hand by lining up to endorse her before the primary really even starts. It was one thing for Hillary Clinton to get a bunch of endorsements at the beginning of the campaign because, at least, she's a known commodity and had been on the national stage for decades. I don't agree with it, but it's understandable.

Nobody outside of California knows a goddamn thing about Harris, and she doesn't have any kind of record advocating for any particular policy besides indicting as many Negroes as possible. The only way that she'd get this kind of support from the party is if they're certain that she's going to be their puppet.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They really need to stop that shit and let the voters decide. That's just how it should be.

She doesn't have much of a chance of winning anyway. You far lefties should be able to beat her in the primary.

I imagine you all are registered Dems anyway, unless you've been voting for the Russian green party.

9. RicardoCooper

The only "far lefty" (who are actually hipster Republicans) who's won their election since 2016 was AOC

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Hahahaha! Well let's try to encourage them and wish them the best. I want to see this for comic value. In theory they will never vote for the right, so they should all be registered Dems. The ones that aren't have themselves to blame.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The super delegates have never went against the will of the voters. Hillary was favored over Obama until they seen that Obama had the voters support.

Hillary beat Bernie by over 3 million votes. If anything there was favoritism in the fact that not more people ran against Hillary. Bernie was given a platform to run and wasn't even a Democrat and still lost fair and square.

Your votes count, far lefties, get out there and make it happen.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Bernie didn't get as many votes as Hillary that has never been disputed, and it is very well possible that he would have lost regardless, but Hillary and the DNC arranged it so we will never know how a "fair and square" primary would have gone.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The favoritism is that maybe Booker and Warren didn't feel comfortable going against her.

There are no arguments for Saint Bernie that are based on reality.

He straight up got beat. His loss was more than fair. He was an independent.

14. Frederick

Brother. I got a lot of respect for you, but as far as politics are concerned, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

1. The group that drafted AOC to primary Crowley, Justice Dems, has seven members currently in Congress. They had about another dozen who won primaries and lost in the general last cycle. That's just Justice Dems. There's also Sanders' group, Our Revolution, and several other smaller outfits.

That's not even mentioning incumbents who've been pushed left by activism in the base. The Progressive Caucus has over 100 members as of January.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Progressive_Caucus

Also, that's just US Congressional elections. There are plenty of solid leftists like Chokwe Lumumba who've been elected on the state and local level.

...and this is just the first election cycle of real activism. It's just the beginning.

2. How the fuck are progressives anything like Republicans? We support government intervention on a massive scale. The current incarnation of the Republican party are anarcho-capitalists who use social issues to rope into people voting against their economic interests.

Do yourself a favor and turn off the cable news and try to do some reading about contemporary political theory and policy.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  15. The Dark King

Well stated. I think him and beasty are of the mind that government can only work one way. That its been a certain for x amount of years so any deviation is a complete waste of time and just some pie in the sky hippy dippy bs. They sound like people who get all their information about politics from cable news. Watching all these exchanges makes it clear we're all get our information from different sources

16. Frederick

The obsession with Russia and the irrational hatred for Sanders is a dead giveaway of where they're getting their news from.

What gets me is that they honestly think progressives are worse enemies to the Democratic/liberal movement than the GOP.

It couldn't be further from the truth. Progressives are the only ones who are actually fighting to improve our lives. The Democratic establishment has no interest in changing the status quo.

In fact, it's the centrist types who are more willing to defect to Republicans if they don't get their way. Look at Shultz. He's so scared that he might have to pay more taxes that he's threatening to sabotage the election in Trump's favor if Warren or Sanders win the Dem primary.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 2.25.37 AM.png

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

By the time HRC and Bernie were the final two Dems in the primaries, Hillary had adopted much of Bernie's progressive platform. Given that, I think more traditional Dems felt more comfortable with HRC because they felt like they knew her.

I'm of the mindset now that centrist Dems are just as corrosive to the body politic as Republicans.
    One of Obama's top aides has gone to work for the Schultz campaign, would should tell you all you need to know.

Love Obama. but in many ways he was Republican lite. We had a rare majority in the House and Senate AND controlled the WH. If the Dems wanted to, they could have changed the direction of this country forever.

In hindsight, it's as if the Dems didn't want that level of control because they were comfortable with much of the status quo in D.C.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Virginia has open primaries. You don't have to be registered to either party.

19. The Dark King

I chalk that up to a fear of hoping for better. The status quo is comfortable no matter how fucked up it is. You may not like it but you can rely on it and working within that system is knowable. People tend to forget all the things they enjoy were more radical at the time than what's being presented now. A 40 hour work week? Paid time off? Child labor laws? They are so common place now but at the time workers had zero rights, those who owned capital were not trying to cut into profits to give you a weekend off, if you weren't willing to work 14 hour days 7 days a week there was always some poor asshole to exploit. The conservative business class screamed bloody murder when they were forced to treat their workers like human beings. Same with social security and medicare, the wealthy elite only care about profit if thousands have to die or suffer for them to get it so beat it, their suffering is not their concern. Progressives have always lead the charge against the status quo, it takes people like Nina Turner, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Stacy Abrams etc to say there is something deeply wrong and we need to change it. Power concedes nothing and there's no such thing as the conservative altruist, they'll let every man woman and child starve in the streets if it means squeezing more nickel out of their corpses.

20. The Dark King

Shultz is one of those legacy people who do shit just to talk about it later in life. That man could care less about being president. People like him just want to enjoy their money.