Kamala Harris' "blackness" is questioned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DudeNY12, Feb 11, 2019.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You live in a world of unapplied theory. I agree on paper it works but that's only if honest actors exist that's if greed is put in check and monopolies arent allowed but that is not what's happening.
    If we have accommodate all this unbridled greed then lets get something for it. Green new deal make it attractive as fuck to build wind farms and use renewable energy. The same way we make it easy for oil subsidies lets do that for algae and solor. At least we get something that supports life and doesn't destroy it. Robots are coming for everyone's job fine lets live like the fucking Jetsons but lets tax the hell out of those companies so we can get free college and UBI so our economy doesnt collapse. I make my money investing and I won't put my capital into any industry if we suddenly have a swath of people who consume goods because there are no jobs. I'm more inclined to either live in a gated community or somewhere remote where the poor and starving can't get what I have.
    We have to restructure these conversations around what's coming opposed to what always has been or could have been.
    We need free college if no other reason to keep a work force who has money to spend on goods and services rather hyper inflated student loans that are toxic to the economy.
    This is me giving some very valuable opinions (this is not financial advise since I am not a CFP licensed outside of the state of NY)
    There are huge wins coming if you have the capital and almost everyone can participate and enjoy massive abundance but not with this incremental baby step by baby step approach that rewards short sighted market manipulations.
    Markets play the game but policy sets the rules. What do we need the rules to be in order for the game not to destroy us in the process. If we keeping playing as is look forward to a feudal society again where the common person owns nothing and can only move up if they fight for the interest of the rich.
    Since economic wealth will be set since consumers have been pretty much replaced then winning and losing won't be determined by the best and most efficient ways to consume but by land acquisition by war.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL. You call Keynesian economics unapplied theory??? What economic model do you subscribe to?? I'll wait. Is there a such thing as AOC economics??

[​IMG]
    If you dare speak about finance. What available investment has the lowest possible risk?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Who on earth said we had to accommodate unbridled greed?? This only happens because these people keep voting in republicans, and if they won't stop doing that then how on earth is your AOC economics supposed to work?? Come on bruh you gotta quit buggin.
    [​IMG]

4. The Dark King

Investing in yourself. It sounds hippy dippy but investing in your ability to do for yourself and how to communicate well with others.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Certified financial planners and brokers don't sell that, and if that was the answer why did you hold out so long?

I'm not asking for your opinion. Nice try but incredibly intellectually dishonest. Doesn't matter that this is a political thread. Finance is finance.

The answer is not contingent upon the subject.

6. The Dark King

Beasty its an outdated system for what's coming. In a system where those who don't own production can only participate with their labor what happens when human labor becomes obsolete?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What's an outdated system? If you don't answer my question, how do I even know what you're talking about??

8. The Dark King

Its not intellectually dishonest. Considering my audience I'm not going to tell everyone here to invest in precious metals and oil since the amount of capital necessary to see a meaningful ROI is way outside the budget of your average person. Investments have context. Low risk to me may be high risk to someone else. I'm all about crypto but if you don't have a sizeable amount of disposable income that you can park for a couple of years and don't need to be immediately accessible it might not be good for you.
    When I say investing in yourself through better health better education doing for yourself its not dishonest because for the majority of people it reduces cost and makes money available for other needs.

9. The Dark King

I did I gave a full answer Keynesian economics only works when there is participation in the labor market. The idea of supply and demand can't work when the owners of capital can now work in a closed loop leaving out the mass majority of those who still need goods and services.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No one is asking your for advice. I'm certainly not, and you're not held to any standard unless you're taking money from someone.

I'm asking you a fundamental question about finance, and for the layman LOWEST RISK DOESN'T MEAN BEST INVESTMENT. INVESTMENT ADVICE IS TAILORED TO AN INDIVIDUAL, NOT GENERAL INFORMATION THAT WE'RE SPEAKING OF HERE.

Happy?

Now what's your answer?

11. The Dark King

Dude are you reading everything I'm writing? Precious metals like gold silver and copper are very low risk as well as oil. They hold the longest term value with minimal chance to long term fluctuations. Rates of energy consumption make effect oil in the short term but its generally manageable.
    Did that answer what you were looking for?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL.

You are a character indeed. Forget it bruh. I'll take that as YOUR answer.

I know now not to expect any more than the AOC economics from you. I'll just accept that your affinity for politics is more than your affinity for finance.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Get rich enough to pass on to your kids and grand kids. The idea is for them to be part of the colony that makes it to Mars. Then at some point maybe they will figure out how to harvest all the energy of the sun to create worm holes for travel. Or the human species is just done. lol

14. The Dark King

I got the coffee if you want to sit down and write that script lol

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The script is already being written. Obviously you accept the reality of global warming. If that doesn't change what other outcome do you see?

16. The Dark King

Elysium.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'll check it out. Seems entertaining. If you're in earths orbit you can be easily attacked tho. The rich will have refuge at Mars.

18. The Dark King

Or some type of space station. I think it can be as easily defensible since they'll have the ultimate bird's eye view. The idea of the rich will quickly shift though if markets collapse. Even if they eliminate the non rich what will be left is a hell scape whete competition takes the form of skirmishes over land and cyber attacks trying to hold onto hackable wealth. We're going to fall into old school feudalism and monarchies where its likely we'll use the terms Gods and goddesses instead of Lords and ladies since all advanced tech will be accessible to the uber rich.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well you would have to make sure no one on earth can even build a rocket or fly anything. So that means everyone on earth would have to have a lack of scientific knowledge. Or they would be a threat to you. The entire earth vs your space station, bad odds.

Then you would be dependent on earth for all of your resources. Also, that's going to be one hell of a space station if you plan on carrying on the species.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Once sea temperatures hit a threshold they are all going to be dead seas. That's going to collapse the ecosystem. The bee's are already dying, they will likely be dead long before then. Without bees the earth's food will diminish rapidly.

Good luck staying in orbit relying on all of your resources from Earth.