Kamala Harris' "blackness" is questioned

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DudeNY12, Feb 11, 2019.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Schultz recently said he wouldn't run if the Dems select a centrist candidate.:eek:

I really think this asshole is going to run 3rd party, which would set up Trump to win a 2nd term.

One thing I respect about Bernie is he understood how the political process works and in a two party system, running third party just makes it easier for the opponent to win.

Unless Congress changes our electoral process and distributes seats in the House and Senate proportionately, running 3rd party is a guaranteed fail.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Schultz won't do anything to effect Democrats. If it were Bernie or some other politician that could actually galvanize people then yeah I'd agree. Things are too hyper partisan for a low energy third party to do much. Like I said he wants to be able to say he ran for president, it's a rich guy fantasy. I honestly think that was Trump's goal and won the presidency by fluke.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you remember or theoretically go back in the fourms, you'll see that I stayed out of the debates between the left and far left after the election. Before the primaries, I even said I liked Bernie more than Hillary, just didn't like the far left policies he was promoting, thought it was far too excessive to be pushing when there was recently new healthcare legislation enacted.

I figured just like everything else in life, a reasonable person has priorities and the priority would have been to keep working on healthcare, perfecting the legislation, educating people about it and allowing them time to accept it.

Also to keep working on the fight against global warming. But nah, an immature fuck gets an inch then he goes for a mile in the next breathe.

There came the far left pushing "free" college and all the unnecessary bullshit that turned people off.

I don't jump to conclusions. I took over a year to let it marinate and formed my own opinions based on my observations and research.

Came to find many reasons I don't like Bernie or far left politicians.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The only thing that will specifically fix problems pertaining to the black man is our unity. We all know that we were the last and least to benefit from anything the government has ever done.

Affirmative action: White women, then black women, then we got the crumbs.

Wage laws: it helps us we when finally get a job to begin with. I know grown ass men that throughout their childhood, never knew any successful black man that didn't sell drugs.

I can go on and on.

My solution: Unite and use our economic power to make statements, then people will know that we mean business. That will translate into political power.

I'm gonna talk shit during these discussions because it's politics, but like a theoretical gemeni, I'll be my nicer twin in nearly any other discussion. (Even tho I don't believe in that stuff)

I not going to actually fall out with other black men over something that I generally find to be a pitfull pathetic subject to begin with.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Tam you gonna speak or ............

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Oops...fixed that for you. I must have accidentally hit it while scrolling on my phone. lol

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let's race. I'm gonna give you a mustang while I drive a lambo. You can be a better driver, but I'm gonna whoop your ass everytime. Same is if your team has hand guns and mine has rifles.

Stop playing other people's games using the cards they made available thinking you're gonna actually win.

8. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Oh, this shit is too funny.

It turns about that Harris's national press secretary is Ian Sams, who was Hillary Clinton's comms director in 2016. (Surprise, surprise.)

[​IMG]

^This incompetent motherfucker is the one who put out the hot sauce picture.

Now that it backfired, he's on Twitter crying about how unfair it is that people won't ignore the fact that Harris has embarrassed herself every time that she's tried to address Black voters.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 8.20.56 PM.png

Luckily, there are some verified accounts on Twitter giving him the business because these people are trying to dismiss all criticism of Harris's record and her non-existent platform as "Russian meddling."

If you try to pin any of the establishment candidates (Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, Biden) on policy, they accuse you of being a "bot."

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 8.20.39 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The situation of blacks in the diaspora is unique. I can't think of any group that was taken away from its surrounding culture and lands and then as a minority, subjected to 3 a 5 centuries of forcible brainwashing, de-acculturation (couldn't come up with the precise term for having your culture removed). There have been many examples of colonial oppression, but in those cases, the group's land and resources were the target, not the people themselves. So in Africa, Asia, etc, the people in question were largely left intact within their lands, communities, cultures, etc, as long as European (or any other group for that matter) access to the desired resource was uninterrupted. Hence the differing experiences of native Africans and Africans taken from Africa via the slave trade. So I don't think it's some character flaw. I see it instead as the natural outcome of 500 years of a specific type of oppression, one which we should work to resist, but which won't simply disappear because we want it to. Even when people oppose it, they are in opposition as a response or reaction to it, and thus, still not truly independent.

10. The Dark King

My analysis wasn't an indictment just an observation of the results.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I just think the results are wholly understandable given the history, and yet some still manage to move beyond it.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

According to that link. Those people dont necessarily support many of the progressive ideals that are being pushed. It didn't mention green deal or "free college" ect.

I'm using those as a litmus for now because for one thing everyone I have conversed with that support "free college" are either to lazy to search the implications if it or they just don't care. The green deal well.....LMAO at any clown willing to run on that plan

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Keynesian economics works. You just need a president/congress willing to apply logic, and listen to economists. Finance doesn't depend on politics. Politics depend on finance.

Anyway Obama didn't do a bad job with the economy.

14. Frederick

Keep laughing. Here's polling on the Green New Deal. Most of the provisions poll well across political affiliations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ale...-new-deal-support-among-americans-poll-2019-2

...and RE Free college, it's so "nutty" that Germany, one of the most developed economies in the world, has completely abolished tuition for both domestic and international students.

https://www.educations.com/study-guides/europe/study-in-germany/tuition-fees-13481

RE How you pay for all of this "free" stuff:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-taxes-zero-180337770.html

15. Frederick

Obama did shit with the economy besides put some duct tape over the holes. He bailed out the banks and left working people out to dry, especially RE mortgages after the widescale fraud that was perpetrated by the banking industry.

Unemployment dropped, but wages are stagnant and savings are non-exist for a large swath of the US.

There's plenty of indications that the house of cards is about to collapse again.

http://fortune.com/2019/02/12/americans-late-on-car-payments/

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"Every Senate Democrat who has declared a run for president in 2020 has endorsed it."

Wait so Harris and Warren both are for the green deal??

This is going to be good.

And both are for free college?

[​IMG]

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah from where he started with the great recession, which was the worst since the great depression. He didn't do bad at all.

18. The Dark King

This part I agree with

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's the thing. If we quit going back to Reganomics. Keynesian economics is all we need.

20. The Dark King

I love when you're on here saves me so much typing.
    I mentioned the car payment thing too. As well as rising foreclosure rates. This whole thing has no support beams and while people clamor for immigrants to blame for everything they seem to completely ignore inflated stock prices. Prices inflated with tax cuts paid by the working class to inflate the wealth of the rich enticing poor people to give up more of their wealth. Danger Will Robinson danger