Dramatic Series (Crime, Thriller, Action, Mystery, etc.)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Feb 8, 2019.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I watched three episodes out of sheer curiosity last week. It's not as bad as previously thought, juggling a mixture of action and deceptively lighthearted dialogue. I will concede that it's not for everyone.

2. SilverSmith

Starz Original Series The Rook tells the story of Myfanwy Thomas, a woman who wakes up in the rain beside London’s Millennium Bridge with no memory of who she is and no way to explain the circle of latex-gloved dead bodies splayed around her.

When Myfanwy discovers she is a high ranking official in the Checquy, Britain’s last truly secret service for people with paranormal abilities, she will have to navigate the dangerous and complex world of the agency to uncover who wiped her memory – and why she is a target.

The official trailer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. SilverSmith

AMC has released a new trailer for the second season of the horror anthology The Terror: Infamy, produced by Ridley Scott.

4. SilverSmith

The MTV series Scream is set to return on sibling VH1 with a three-night event, July 8-10.

[​IMG]

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

USA Network dropped a BTS preview of "Suits" spin-off "Pearson" today:

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

OK so the name of the actor in the new show is Morgan Spector and the character on her old show is named Harvey Specter. Really?

7. RicardoCooper

I watched the pilot. It was decent enough. More girl power BS, model-ish looking chicks taking on big dudes, etc. I would've liked it way better 4-5 years ago before they started ramming the Mary Sue fembot agenda down my throat. You'd hate even your favorite food if it wasn't your idea to eat it, let alone being force-fed. Not to be a complete dick, I liked the callbacks to the original Bad Boys, and the filmmaking overall was on point. May watch again if bored.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This is going to be all kinds of garbage.

9. RicardoCooper

Countdown to when they punk the black guy and have Pearson sleeping with the white mayor a la "Scandal"

10. meowkittenmeow

She is going to have white men for as long as the show exists. That is verbally how it works. Meanwhile, black male characters are stuck with bw or no one at all.

11. SilverSmith

The official season six trailer for Power.

[​IMG]

12. meowkittenmeow

Verbally? virtually, fucking autocorrect.

13. ColiBreh1

USA Network dropped part 2 of the BTS preview "Suits" spin-off "Pearson" today:

This show actually looks more interesting than "Suits".

14. SilverSmith

ABC has reported that the forthcoming 6th season of How to Get Away With Murder will be its last.

15. ColiBreh1

HBO renewed "Euphoria" for a 2nd season today:

16. SilverSmith

The first teaser for the fourth and final season of USA's Mr. Robot is out.

[​IMG]

17. ColiBreh1

HBO Max streaming service is doing a "Gossip Girl" spin-off series:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ands-straight-series-order-at-hbo-max-1224856

This news is trending on Twitter right now: https://twitter.com/search?q="Gossip Girl"&src=tren&data_id=tweet:1151562831608913920

@The Dark King Did you watch the original CW series?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  18. SilverSmith

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to End After Season 7 in 2020

ABC has confirmed that the long-running series will conclude with its forthcoming seventh season, which is due in 2020. Deadline was the first to report the news.
    Link

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

All eight episodes of Hulu's Veronica Mars Season 4 are now available. The new episodes were initially scheduled to begin streaming on July 26th.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  20. SilverSmith

HBO has brought online the new His Dark Materials trailer, which previews the series coming to both the BBC and HBO. The first season consists of eight episodes and a second, eight-episode season has also been ordered already.

The series is an adaptation of Philip Pullman’s trilogy His Dark Materials.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019