BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

yeah, you think I got advanced screening or something lol

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This is more of a cautionary, watch at your own risk post more than anything because this show is MESSED up. I don't understand some of these shows with making the main character practically unfavorable.

FLACK - Anna Paquin & Arinze Kene
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Robyn and Sam(played by Anna & Arinze) are a couple that's trying for a baby. But she doesn't want one and have been secretly taking birth control pills.

Robyn hooks up with Tom(her friend's boyfriend) and she gets caught by Sam and Eve. Sam is rightly pissed because she cheated on him and because he found the birth control pills in her purse, meaning she’s been lying about trying to get pregnant. Eve is also genuinely upset because she had real feelings for Tom. Robyn betrays both of them. Their relationship ended... rightfully after that.

This show reminds me a bit of Shoot The Messenger with Elyse Levesque and Lyriq Bent. Where the female lead is so messed up she ruins ALL of her relationships around her... including the black boyfriend.

Thankfully this show only lasted two seasons. lol.

3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

This was Anna Paquin's second IR pairing. The other was in the Affair with the before mentioned Lyric Bent. She was a hot mess in that too, but that relationship ended on a better note.

4. darkcurry

Yeah I remember that one. Hopefully she shoots just right with a IR onscreen though. lol.

5. XenNChill

XenNChill New Member

Soooo...are we gonna talk about this or nah? Lol I'm being picky but damn that's a subpar ship name

6. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

I guess some names don't mix so well together like her last name Griffith with his last name Kingsley and then you end up with something like Griffsley lol.

7. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Things you do for love.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

Just saw the latest episode and she did something to get him pissed off at her and guess who she runs to?

9. Jeffrey Tripp

So the White dude is the rebound guy?

10. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

I saw this coming, but the fact that SHE caused the split and she knows it was her fault makes it much more likely they get back together. Plus having something to "overcome" in their relationship makes it more likely he is the planned main love interest. But ultimately the show is DOA on cancellation anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

They're cancelling the show?

12. darkcurry

I just seen the latest episode of Good Sam and this officially sounds like another show using a bm/ww IR as a set up for white love story. From him confessing he's in love with her when turning down a date to her immediately going to his home after her "split" with Malcom. Not even tried to fight to get her boyfriend back. lol.

13. Jeffrey Tripp

I think it was more of he was the only person she could turn to because she fell out with everybody else, and it happened at the very end of the episode. There was no kissing or hugging or anything. She probably just went to him as friend.

14. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

CBS frequently cancels 1st year shows with significantly better viewership than what Good Sam is getting.

I think you are overreacting a bit here, I think they want you to think it's going that way. I think more likely he is going to try to press his luck too early or gonna try to take advantage of her off the rebound, and she will be disgusted. Either that or she uses him as the friendzone guy to help her get him back. There wasn't enough strife to overcome for Sam/white guy to be the focal relationship for her.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Oh, I must've missed it. Link to that specific post?

Anyways another interesting promo for next week's episode of Freeform's "Single Drunk Female":

16. darkcurry

If you followed the episode as I said before the scene where he confessed he loved someone else, her and Malcom split the same episode and she winds up on his door step. Don't forget love triangles are still a thing with these shows especially with bm/ww pairings. I'm obviously guessing(good guess because of the familiar formula) but that is very likely to happen or there would be no Caleb to run to. Get what I mean?

17. darkcurry

18. Jeffrey Tripp

Maybe your right but I don't think it's gonna matter because this show is about to get the last rites. And the way I see it if they running with that tired ass racist triangle trope they deserved to be cancelled.

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Black guys getting shafted in triangles just annoys me a lot at this point.
    They want their diversity cake and to eat it as well.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It's always a tease from hands off to subtle, brothers can't get loving only a peck on the cheek.