BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Screw this. They should have kept him with his original white chick. Too late in to be playing all of these games.

2. JamalSpunky

LOL. It amuses me how dudes keep getting names wrong in one way or another (from leaving out a single letter to, well, this) The actress is Casimere Jollette.

Maybe its that Spelling Auto Correct Tool fucking things up. Happens to me a lot. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Christ I think i have seen some of the actors on this show before and they all hit the gym lol.

Equal Opportunity Eye Candy. Guys and Gals.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Some of the posts about the ballet school show have been reported for inappropriate commentary regarding the underage KIDS. To put it bluntly, folks are creeped out by grown men getting turned on by kids fucking on TV. This isn't the first time this has been a problem in this thread, and it needs to stop. BTW, the actors not being underage is no excuse when the characters they're playing are teenage kids, so please be mindful of that. Thank you.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's always tricky when they do these shows like this Euphoria, Sex Education, and others that have been mentioned here. TV been doing Teen adult-like shows and movies for years. There's a reason why they want older people playing the roles. But I always try to stay mindful of the situation and plots on these shows and what not. So sorry if my post were misleading.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Your mindfulness is appreciated, DC. You did quote a couple of the problem posts, but the complaints weren't about any of yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Okay good to know. Because I was wondering if folks didn't catch the females I was focused on were Lauren Holly and Tory Trowbridge who's characters are the adults on the show. I think Delia Whitlaw (portrayed by Tory Trowbridge) is supposed to be 19 but that is still above age.

But like I said it is tricky with these YA(Young Adult) shows but I'm going to be more mindful regardless whenever a YA show with an high school IR couple is brought up and I hope others follow. :)

8. darkcurry

In episode 2 of The Stand "Pocket Savior" Larry, Rita and Nadine are introduced.

Jovan Adepo and Amber Heard - The Stand 1-2.png Jovan Adepo and Amber Heard - The Stand 2-2.png Jovan Adepo & Heather Graham - The Stand 2-2.png Jovan Adepo & Heather Graham - The Stand 1-2.png

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  10. darkcurry

Have you been watching it yet? I have. Pretty good so far. With the exception of the beautiful love scene this episode was a bit disgusting though. lol.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Who would have thought we'd be watching a series about a world-ending plague in the middle of a pandemic?
    Yes, the revamping of The Stand is binge-worthy television.

12. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

She seems like an angel! <3 I just love them

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah a whole of IR in this one lol

14. Observeree

Observeree New Member

A good show! Impressed that they modernized it the way they did considering its based off of a long running book series. They could have gone the classic adaptation route but instead mixed it up (pun intended!). The leads have great chemistry; hopefully this encourages other shows or movies to have such inspired casting...or at least not be afraid of such.

Edit: added original book covering and illustration for reference.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. darkcurry

[​IMG]
    I watched a couple episodes of Bridgerton and I would compare it to shows like Downton Abbey and Harlots. I'm not really into period aristocratic dramas, realy have a hard time understanding them but Bridgerton from the first episode sets this love story of Simon and Daphne up well. The concept and writing is already better than her last attempt at a period piece. Shonda does race-bend in this one but not unrealistically since it is rumored that Queen Charlotte was a mixed race woman and there were black dukes.

It's not something I will binge watch, but the first two episodes kept my interest to continue at some time.

I'm not sure why Shonda does this but the classical spin on modern music being the score throws me off at times. lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

[​IMG]

Breaking News: Due to the success of Bridgerton Netflix just announced they are cancelling the series. lol/jk.;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

18. darkcurry

19. JamalSpunky

I will likely never watch this show because I still can't get past what I believe are historical, racial inaccuracies. That being said I am happy for the success Rege-Jean Page. He has captured the imagination of so many folks that he is currently #1 on IMDB

upload_2021-1-6_18-8-13.png

Anyone who keeps up with this bit of nonsense knows how rare it is for a black actor to make it #1. Maybe someone got there during Black Panther's initial release. I know Chadwick Boseman made it to that spot following his death. There may have been another guy but that would be it. The IMDB rankings are usually based on not just media attention but traffic from viewers on the site or perhaps the internet in general (I am not exactly sure of the entire formula). Its been hard for black people to break into the top five or ten. Even a big star like Will Smith won't reach those heights even when he has a hit movie. So good for Page.

Also on twitter the thirsting for Page is out of control. And the good news for him is that it isn't close to being limited to black women or gay black dudes. The non-black women have taken over the chatter about him and that's the end of that. But here is the thing....success for Page is way overdue. His performance in Roots was too good and the fact that it came from a guy with CLEAR leading man potential should have opened the floodgates for him as far as opportunities are concerned. But it didn't happen for him like that. His two most high profile opportunities after that, including this one, came as the result of Shonda. I am not a huge fan of Shonda but if it was not for her I am almost scared of what piece of Tyler Perry shit he would be doing at this moment. Which would make no sense because its not as if he is any better looking than he was four years ago when Roots came out. After the success of Bridgerton there should be no excuse for him not getting bigger and better vehicles to demonstrate his talents. Maybe HBO/HBO Max could give him his own show. That would be a first considering how that network only recognizes black female talent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of how I feel about modern-day versions of Shakespearean classics, and even more so when they're speaking as if it's England in the 1600s.