BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well said! I remembered him in Roots. Hopefully the same will goe with these other young female-loved black actors. I think I mentioned the come up of these young brothas before on here.

2. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Green Arrow and the Canaries will not go ahead, it´s a shame, main character Mia Smoke was gonna have a love triangle with Diggle Brothers

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. darkcurry

Jovan Adepo & Amber Heard - The Stand
    Episode 5 gave us some insight and began the initiation of Larry(Jovan Adepo) and Nadine(Amber Heard). In the beginning she is seen having I guess a wet dream about her and Larry making love that soon turns into 'The Dark Man' appearing.

Later on after an encounter with Abigail in which she listened to her message on choices Nadine went to Larry's house(who was about to head out to inspect Harold's house for Franny) and let him know both verbally and physically that she wanted to have sex with him. He declined but let her know that he did want to be with her but not undedr these circumstances because he sensed something was off. She kind of revealed to him that it is the only way "he"(The Dark Man) would let her go.

If anybody remembers the show back in the 90's the relationship between Larry & Nadine didn't play out this way. She seduced Larry FOR Flagg.

So I'm interested where this one goes and if and when we see Lucy. Larry's other love interest.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I just watched all season 1 of Lupin and loved it absolutely! He kinda is on a live triangle between two white women of his childhood, one pursues him and the other recognices him as her other half, he even has a child with one of them. Also really liked main character, he had chemistry with both, he is likeable, elegant, really good casting and interesting story, I can´t wait to see soon season two.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend recommended this show to me yesterday, I had the same sentiment about these attempts on period pieces, but after you pass episode 3/4, you'll get hooked to the storyline, you'd forget about the concept behind the show and just in it for character development. It's really good writing and the actors are on point, now I'm on episode 6.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix Renews Bridgerton for Season 2

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y3c9caqs

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Bridgerton is making me finally get a Netflix account because I’m absolutely going to see Regé and Phoebe do their magic.

10. darkcurry

I finished this last night. Not exactly my cup of tea like I said it reminded me of TV shows like Downton Abbey and Harlots just obviously with different concepts but it was well written like those shows. I love how they did this IR romance.

With this show breaking records for Netflix I just wonder why they didn't renew for two more seasons like some other record breaking shows.

• List
  11. darkcurry

https://www.tvinsider.com/985279/legacies-season-3-lizzie-mg-musical-episode-preview/
    https://www.cbr.com/legacies-lizzie-addressing-feelings-for-mg/
    [​IMG]

As expected they will be moving forward with Lizzie and MG on legacies. Slow burns as some call it on here(lol) work as long as the shows aren't cancelled. lol.

I'll be watching this tonight after Nancy Drew. Even though Nancy Drew season 2 premiere was on last night I chose to watch it back to back with legacies since the CW didn't want to put those two shows together. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Madeleine

Is that really an IR romance? I think it was just a regular romance of the time, just that they decided to have a diverse cast. Them being interracial isn’t really part of the plot, is it?

• List
  13. darkcurry

When I say IR as I have on here I'm more so just being celebratory, descriptive, promotive and dedicated of the union, especially when it's displayed in art or history(like I do in the thread dedicated to IR unions throughout history.).

Race rarely comes up on the show. I think the third episode they really lay down the racial aspect of how it is post-racial during this time in this universe(shondaland). But yeah I was just being celebratory, descriptive, promotive and dedicating. :)

14. Madeleine

Ok! I am looking forward to watching it!

15. ColiBreh1

16. darkcurry

The character Lizzie grew on me. I started out like most did liking Josie better. She became that goofy whitegirl in the term of endearment way. LOL.

17. darkcurry

Nancy Drew
    In the season premiere of the 2nd season last week the crew is being chased by a wraith in the woods. They hide out in an abandon bus with a thief that has a heirloom that belonged to Nancy. As the wraith approaches they figured out one of the ways to defeat it is to not become filled with fear. So they started conjuring up memories that before this time that made them happy. Nancy's memory was the first time she met Nick. Although she didn't clarify exactly what she was thinking about that look to Nick said it all.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick and George are still together and Nancy is still unaware of that because they are hiding their relationship. Things are going to get awkward. This is where and why love triangles are disastrous. Nick, Nancy and George are beloved characters.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Oh right I kinda forgot Nancy didnt know lol....they better hope George's mother doesnt talk to Nancy lol.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

20. ColiBreh1

LOL, NBC just dropped the trailer today for Kenan Thompson's new sitcom "Kenan":

I can't help but chuckle that they conveniently made Kenan's character a widower & thus a single father. Hollywood was still leery about going there when they ordered the pilot early last year.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021