BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah IMDB is tricky, but yeah I can tell by the trailer they're doing some things different as they usually do.

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

This episode was pretty solid although I guessed the ending.

3. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I´ve found an Mystery Incorporated (from Scooby Doo franchise) trailer, but it is Indie proyect seemingly, will you let me give here trailer link? On that indie series Daphne has a black boyfriend.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

Yeah, you mean this. I feel another STUPID love triangle coming and of course the Black guy will always be the odd man out!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Love triangle? I feel like Daphne´s black boyfriend is dead and all his scenes were flashbacks and her reason to be in mystery inc. Poor guy, trailer is pretty explicit about Daphne lusting (AGAIN) for Fred, so if he´s alive she will cuck/cheat him.

6. darkcurry

That is a interesting trailer to say the least.

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Seems like a much darker take lol

8. darkcurry

Soulmates 'Little Adventures' episode 3 Promo

This one looks like it's their sexiest one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

It’s episode 4 and this kiss never happen yet!!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Fox has decided not to pick up the show for a second season. The remaining episodes are going to air, according to the network.

• List
  11. SilverSmith

Shonda Rhimes' 19th Century Series, Bridgerton

Netflix’s official synopsis for “Bridgerton” reads: “Inspired by the bestselling novels, the series follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) , the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market. As her pursuit of love unravels, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown casts criticisms on Daphne who has caught the eye of London’s most desirable duke, Simon Basset (Regé-Jean Page)."

[​IMG]

12. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

I refuse to watch anything made by Shonda Rhimes or Tyler Perry!

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean I get Tyler Perry....but I wouldnt really but Shonda on the same level as Tyler at all lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

Most of Shonda Rhimes and producing partner Betsy Beers' projects have featured an IR couple with a black man and this one Bridgerton she gets big kudos from because it (at least)appears the female and male lead are a IR couple and at the forefront.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The one on Station 19 is probably the best one with some steamy scenes.

15. darkcurry

The ones I posted?

In order:
    Grey's Anatomy

Private Practice

Scandal

Station 19

Still Star Crossed

Bridgerton

• List
  16. darkcurry

Lupin

Omar Sy one of the most underrated actors.

17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, "Station 19" season 4 premieres tonight:

18. SilverSmith

12 Dates of Christmas

Holiday-themed dating series executive produced by Sam Dean, showrunner of "Love is Blind," premieres November 26 on HBO Max, follows singles Faith, Chad and Garrett on their journey to meet that special someone to bring home for the holidays.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

This looks good. Added bonus it's in French which I speak (as well as Spanish and German). So good chance to listen in another language.

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I am a little more restrained in my praise because of what she did to that IT couple on Grey's Anatomy. She catered to a certain segment of her base and ended that pairing. Considering the chemistry between those two and the high level of interest they were generated among mainstream audiences, that was a questionable decision at best.

As for Bridgerton when I first reported about this coupling my main issue was the idea of a some black family being part of an esteemed British royal house. But at least I thought it was taking place in modern times. Putting it in the distant past however is a step too far for me, something which would take me completely out of my ability to sit back and consumer it without thinking about its believability. Look, the push for diversity and inclusion doesn't need to use such levels of in-your-face appropriation. This is the second time Shonda has done this too. She is so focused on putting black people into these types of "costume dramas", she doesn't recognize how it irritates many people.