BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't care how hot the person is I will never co-sign affairs. lol. And when I see women online giving the okay to cheating like they did with the now cancelled Lucy Hale show where she had a black husband and had fantasies of cheating on him with the "hot" white doctor and even flirted with him that throws up a red flag. That is extreme superficiality!

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I agree with TDK. When I saw @JamalSpunky's reply to that clip I also thought he was going overboard seeing as Steve Harris is 54 & Kim Catrall is 64. IRL an in-shape attractive equivalent 54-year old man (who has shit together) would not be dating a 64-year old woman. He'd go for a younger woman.

3. darkcurry

Deaf U | Official Trailer | Netflix

Well this is different. I'll give it a shot!

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the series We Are Who We Are on HBO? In the episode named Right Here, Right Now IV one of the characters a soldier married a Italian girl.

5. darkcurry

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

at the 0:16 mark

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Jovan Adepo & Heather Graham plays Larry & Rita
    [​IMG] Jovan Adepo & Heather Graham in 'THE STAND'.png Jovan Adepo & Heather Graham in 'THE STAND' - 2-2.png

If I remember correctly from the book and original TV show these two don't make it. But the reboot could be different as the trailer does look like it's going in a bit of another direction.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

What I find interesting about their pairing is the large age gap between the two actors he is 32 and she is 50, we've seen older BM with younger WW a few times in movies but this particular gender age combo is a little rarer.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Is it? It's usually the more seasoned white woman with a strapping black dude. It feels deliberate to pair him with a woman way past her prime with no chance of having a kid with him

And don't get me wrong I'm definitely gonna watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've seen a few older WW younger BM hookups (pure sex and lust) in movies but when it comes to couples (relationships) I can't think of as many as I can the other way around. I'm talking the equivalent of Will Smith and Margot Robbie in Focus or Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts in Mother and Child.

11. darkcurry

Heather Graham is 50?

Is she a vampire! lol.

12. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Finally Heather Graham with a brotha.

13. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Probably, and maybe the hottest vampire woman (?

14. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean to be fair she can play younger lol. She might be 50 but she doesnt look it.

15. darkcurry

Denzel with Mila Jovovich & Kelly Reilly.

Idris Elba with Gemma Arteron.

Lady GaGa with Cuba Gooding Jr.

Saffron Burrows in the movie Guitar.

Are other ones I could think of at the moment.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

1- The two characters are paired in the novel (her character wasn't used in the original miniseries because of time restraint so they blended some of her characteristics with another major female character). And yes she was a middle age woman in the book who was immune to the disease and came across this younger male who also was immune. They may be the two only living souls left in NYC. Of course they would hook up. She ain't some granny. There is no agenda.

2 - His character in the novel and mini series was white. So this black actor is getting an opportunity as a result of race-bend casting. If they kept the character white this conversation isn't taking place.

SPOILERS

Warning....SPOILERS coming!!!!

You have been warned.

3 - In the novel her character dies early on after she and this guy leave the city. I'm pretty sure this new series is going that route because Heather Graham is only listed for one episode on the IMDb page. Sometimes this info can be wrong but not so much when the page gives specific number of eps for the other actors/characters. All of the main cast are listed as being in nine episodes, so Graham being credited for a single one is a dead (pun not intended) giveaway.

4 - If show continues to follow the narrative of the novel, Jovan Adepo's character (Larry Underwood) will fall for another woman named Nadine Cross. She is being played in this show by Amber Heard. For those who care she is of childbearing age. Lol.

• List
  17. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Amber Heard too? AWESOME! This reminds me how glad I was when I saw Bella Thorne kissing a brotha.

18. darkcurry

Yeah that's how the book went and
    if they go the way of the book he meets Nadine sooner than later. But I don't think they will get far because I believe he fell in love some other woman. It's been a long time since I read that book and seen the original series. So I could be wrong..
    , but we know TV likes to go different routes so nothing as we know right now is solid.

19. JamalSpunky

Damn. You're right. You know why I forgot about that other woman? Because her character is not listed on the IMDb page. That means they likely got rid of her.

20. JamalSpunky

My man, you be you. You have a problem if a hot, older white woman is paired with a younger black guy because you think its Hollywood's way of keeping the white woman being impregnated with some hypothetical fetus via the sperm of a black dude. If that's your thing, so be it. My issue is WHO Hollywood chooses to be the black male love interest for white women because this industry has never been in the business of promoting black male desirability. And choosing a black actor whose is a few steps below in terms of looks to the white woman he is wooing raises red flags for me because audiences tend to give their allegiances to the better looking people. That's MY thing that I keep an eye on. Its no more or less absurd than the issue that sticks in your craw.

Also respectfully they do not reserve silver foxes for young women exclusively on screen. Because Hollywood historically been more resistant in pairing younger men with older women (when the woman is white at least), it has more often looked to that James Brolin or Sam Elliott type as arm candy for the older actresses.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020