Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Co-sign. Good to see somebody getting this right. Cardio mostly burns glucose for the first 20 min then it starts to burn more fat than glucose. That's why if you don't lift weights you should do cardio for more than 20 min.

In that case cardio is better done first thing in the morning before breakfast when the body is low on glycogen. (Stored glucose)

Like you said cardio only burns muscle under extreme conditions, get some fast burning carbs after an intense cardio workout and you will be good to go.

Edit: the only part I would disagree with is the last part. The body only breaks down muscle if you don't get carbs after a workout. It doesn't have anything to do with fats being depleted.

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

And why should I give a damn about any of your weight loss advice over a guy who's had 27 successful years in the weight loss business? Furthermore, why do YOU have a damn that I posted the link to the article?? If you don't agree with it, be mature and say "I disagree with this." and move on.

You started the nastiness with me last year and have made some ugly jabs for no reason. I'm just giving back what you've been dishing out, son. I don't care to be respectful or nice any more.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

4. free816

free816 New Member

Sorry can't hold my tongue anymore
    2 things , you Christian turn the other cheek, also the guy is pimping the article is garbage

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

In other news I've been watching 'Clue' on the logo tv station, not really realizing the type of channel it was...until I seen a few ads for upcoming shows..

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You know what Free? Sometimes even Christians get fed up. I'll deal with my behavior on my knees before the Lord. Funny how you don't take the other party to task for some of his unwarranted ugliness towards me here. But that's OK. I know what team you root for.

8. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i dont see anything wrong in ches posting this article.
    all she said was it is interesting.
    sure, the way the article was pulled up is sort of commercial, but is that the point?
    why the hell can grown up ppl on this board not just discuss the pro s and negs on it in a respectful manner?
    it really freaks me out.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:freehug: Thank you, Gem

10. free816

free816 New Member

Somebody please tell me who when where these damn jersey's got handed out ,, apparently I never signed my contract , still haven't gotten paid a dime ,, pre season been over ,, want back pay penalty pay and my damn playoff play ,,
    As far as your faith keeping doing you,,

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Fantasy team.

12. free816

free816 New Member

Nah I'm too old school fantasy sports never done it for me,, in fact debating sports with people now I got to keep in mind their rebuttal will have a fantasy slant to it,, peyton manning prime example since he has thrown 800 TD passes people confuse and will debate he belongs in discussion who the best was,, well since I rather deal in realty I understand sept oct nov those months only the warmup a qb doesn't make his history then,, it's dec and jan
    Saying that, take into account how he has performed then I can debate he doesn't belong stats be damn,, I'm getting to my point ,,

Which of these cats here you think I pull for or consider a teammate is actually some body pecking away on a keyboard
    I can't stress enough the level of not giving a damn who likes me here I pointed to you because you posted the retarded article and defending it ,, you defended the frat kid
    Also please keep in mind the times I have agreed with you I stated as much and been plenty of times I've agreed with you but don't have the time or energy to inflate your ego,, if you feel the need take a look and see if I do so for these suppose teammates of mine

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

*sigh* I shouldn't have to defend my right to post an article I found interesting. You're entitled to your opinion about it being retarded. *shrugs*

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You know what Ches you're right.
    However if he's entitled to his opinion why reply

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Because I'm not feeling the judgement in this thread. I mean, WTF? Attack what's in the article if you don't like it, not me or what you think my reasons were for posting it. Feels like a damn witch hunt on here any more. Smh.

16. free816

free816 New Member

Exactly I don't have time to post telling people I agree with them think it was north saying it was bunk,, the fitness/diet industry has been selling people bullshit for years,, I assure anyone listening if you run or walk 3 or 4 times a day and stay the course you will lose weight,, all the other talk is noise,, once your body adapts to that stress it's not gonna work as hard , adding weight training or swimming what not the process starts all over again,,
    So seeing that north understands basic common damn sense we wearing the same cheerleading outfit

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Tell the dude who wrote the article he's full of shyt then. I'm sure he'll be happy to entertain your opinions. Seeing as how he has a lot more experience in the field than anyone else here.

www.jimkaras.com

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No gimmicks just hard work no getting around it

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously I'm like :smt017 when reading some of the shit here

Not a true athlete in sight

20. free816

free816 New Member

Negro please I'm just hanging up my sneakers ,, I run at our rec league at the park outside come inside for water I look and keep going,, all I see is pulled hammy wrecking a knee or getting put back in the wash,, but I do have my stories lol