Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. free816

free816 New Member

Clicked the link noticed in the description of his grand "diet" he mentions long lean muscles lol,, just fyi long lean is a absolute retarded adjective to a muscle ,, your muscle is what it is you can't make it long ,, you can define it thru work
    P90x is a great exercise but his whole mantra is "confusing muscle" you can't confuse a muscle you can break it down thru exercise the muscle will then repair itself while its undergoing the repair its burning calories
    You have to admit he is trying to sell you his product ,,
    Dr oz recently called to task for his
    Pseudo bullshit he been selling

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Take it up with him. I'm done arguing it. He's a heck of a lot more successful than I am. I'm not arguing with him or you.

3. free816

free816 New Member

Wow ok lol you forget you the one who posted it lol

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I did post it. But not to be ridiculed about it. It was an interesting article to me that had some merit. If you don't agree with his success, why bash me? Tell HIM he's full of it!

5. free816

free816 New Member

Ches you defended posting it that's the rub, had you posted it ( I almost made the same comment north did yesterday but left it alone) north said it was trash ,, me myself I think you should have asked why but you went on the defensive
    don't have a problem with you promise you I dont,
    For the everyday average joe a sensible diet eating 3 times a day getting as little as 2 hrs a week exercise is plenty 99.9% of everything else we get shoved down our throat is bullshit, best believe the target is women and knowing how insecure and sensitive women can be in regard to their weight ,,
    I'm sure you have been to a gym and had a trainer approach you ,,
    ever notice the stupid shit you see them doing with complete novice people?
    what is the purpose of that person trying to balance on a upside down 1/2 medicine ball to do a body weight squat? In your everyday life is that function necessary ? Of course not,, peace offering promise not trying to make a enemy

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I wish I had the means to measure this. I can only go off when I did the ketosis diet. I consumed nothing but proteins and fats at the time for 5 days a week with carbs on the weekend. At the time, I was running 25 miles a week minimal which comes to 100 miles a month.

Without the carbs, I was able to shred fat while and pack on muscle without any sacrifices because I was using fats for energy. If it takes 3500 calories to lose a lb of fat, I imagine it takes atleast 7000 calories to lose a lb of muscle.

I'm not disagreeing with you, maybe it just depends on the diet.

I never asked you to give a damn. *shrugs*

If I see false information being posted, I'm going to call it out. I had much more to add to my original post and wanted to go into detail but life called. *shrugs*

It fills me with glee to see that I, an complete stranger to you who does not write out your checks or keep an roof over your head has such an strong hold over you that I ignite an fire in your eyes every time you see or think about me. You've become a sad puppy, constantly feigning for my attention whereas, I don't even think about you. I still wish you peace and happiness tho.

Great post!

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

WTH are you smokin' chile??? That's too funny! You stay in that little dream world of yours....

8. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

How the fuck did I get in here again?
    I didn't even comment in this debate until now.
    You really feel the need to bring me into this?

The other day you said that I supposedly complained about your first "white queen" thread.
    Which is not true, cause I never even entered it.

Then you accused me of bashing Cherok which was also a lie that you couldn't back up.

It's like you are bored and ask for some trouble.
    We know you are an attention whore, but damn kid....... smdh

9. 4north1side2

[​IMG]

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ok, you were using ketones for energy. You must be good at sticking to strict regimens. Diets like that put your body in a different mode.

For this diet to work it would have had to be designed for you to generate ketones and get enough protein for the extra protein you would be burning due to lack of carbs. (Which shouldn't be much because of the ketones available for energy) During the week you wouldn't be getting the benefit of an insulin spike after workouts due to the lack of carbs but I guess the compensation for it on the weekends worked out well for you.

How long did you stay on this diet?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In other news my 5 rep max on Squat is up to 495, feel like I could have done more tho

12. 4north1side2

Living up to your user name! :smt023

Damn your 1 rep max is between 550 to 600lbs!

I stayed on the diet strictly for 3 months straight at a time.

13. 4north1side2

I came a long way, over 10 years in the making.

14. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's been a little while but I caught my reflection today in the mirror and had to applaud myself. Still working on toning and defining but I am celebrating my progress.

15. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Mama you have done such an amazing job! I'm so crazy proud of you! Determination, fueled by seeing what "healthy" can look like on us, is what its all about! Congratulations! :freehug:

16. Cherok33

*jumping up and down*. Thank you

It's been a challenge motivating myself girl! It helps when you see progress!

17. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I've been there. If it weren't for seeing the results, I would've given up a trillion times. I tried and failed a few times before finally succeeding. I had a lot to lose so it felt daunting most days but once I put my all into it, the weight literally fell off easy breezy. It's been a few years and Ive managed to keep it off so I'm proof that dedication works. If you feel as good as you look, you're golden! Gorgeous girl, just gorgeous.

18. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. 4north1side2

[​IMG]

Super impressive. Your dedication and persistance to whatever you put your mind and body to is greatly admired.

20. Cherok33

Totally understand I've done this yo yo act before between being super healthy and working out on a regular basis to strict diet. I gave myself a mission to be fabulous at 40 and I am trying to be fly by the time I see my baby next May. I'm getting there, but I really had an ah ha moment when I turned 40. I wanted to be healthier so I could live longer to be around for my children and their children! It's quite a daunting task when you look at it from the big picture and you feel overwhelmed and sometimes even defeated when you see such a big hill ahead. But when you take it in stride and celebrate the small victories, it becomes just another thing to do at the beginning or end of your day.

And THANK YOU so much for the encouragement!

Thank you Since :) you are so silly!

Thank you sweetie! I'm working on it!