Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Great job!

No time to be brolic like that. I'm just focused on increasing my cardiovasular endurance and attaining an lean defined look.

Low carb diets typically are high in salt. The scale didn't go down but my thighs and waiste sure is. Plus my expections are unrealstic. If I lost 5lbs a week, that'd be 20lbs in an month.

FUCK SQUATS! I haven't squatted for real in years. It drains the life out of me. The only time I nearly blacked out in life was maxing out on squats.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Cause that shit is a fully body workout. It ain't all legs which is why i don't mess with it. I'm getting older can't compromise my back. Those injuries follow you for life.

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

That's more reason to do them. Lol. You don't have to kill yourself with heavy weight. And proper technique is a must but oh well.

4. The Dark King

True but been on a over training program lately where heavy is the only way to do shit but you do have a point. I might incorporate it when I have my circuit month

5. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I love hate squats.

6. The Dark King

Amen sister
    That and deadlifts
    I feel every muscle in my body tearing when I do that shit

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Groan.

Makes me want to get in the gym just talking about it though lol

8. free816

free816 New Member

Squats and deads as we all know works the entire body gave up my gym membership last year , I do have enough to get in shape but no room for a squat cage but like north said to old to be maxing out squating anyway ,, I still deadlift nothing crazy 275 tops 10 yrs ago could pull 450 dem days long gone

9. The Dark King

How old are you?

10. The Dark King

Amen. I'm on that Results flow lol

11. free816

free816 New Member

I'm 44 , even tho life gets in the way from time to time I try to stay in shape, firmly believe we should all weight train to the best of our ability and or at least cardio,, I'm good if I can run a 5k in 24 mins bench and dead well over my body weight (200lbs) be able to do 10 real push ups
    I know genetics plays a huge part my whole family full of athletes tho

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  12. The Dark King

Yeah I hear you. I'm trying to do twice my body weight for big muscle groups and half for smaller ones

13. free816

free816 New Member

I never concentrate on my smaller muscles don't have the time or dedication to it 1 hr tops I'm done lifting 30-45 mins run, access to a cage the over head squat and front squat imo just as effective as the back squat but not as dangerous

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Squats are the real deal. I'll typically do a ten rep max, on rare occasions a five rep max but never heavier than that. 3 days a week work for me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I think we need to see some pictures of these muscles.... :D

16. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Cosign :)

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ladies first

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member