Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Do you eat before bed? Lots of fried food?

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Kobaski or shrimp usually before bed. I'm not that hung up on it tho, I need a belt for all my waist 34 pants so that's an good sign. It's only March so if I'm forced to do the keto diet before June, I have plenty of time.

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

What is kobaski?

4. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Northie dear... take that scale and chuck it out the window. You're sexy as hell! Really make a girl wish her teleporter worked, :freehug:

(And maybe the scale's going up for the whole... muscle weighs more than fat thing?)

5. Nikkers

[​IMG]
    September- March

6. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Wow, great progress Nikkers! You've obviously been working hard! :)

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

:smt014
    Coo sign! Amazing Nikkers! Just amazing!

8. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. 4north1side2

Outstanding! Be my personal trainer.

[​IMG]

What diet and exercise changes did you make to make such an phenomenal change?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. Nikkers

Thanks gals! :heart:

I'd love to be your personal trainer, but some of the ideas I have... ;) :p

I stopped using an excuse for anything I could change, and accepted what I couldn't. For the diet... it helped that I had someone else to cook for, that actually had the self-discipline to reduce carbs, which I wanted to do.

In my old apartment during the school year, I made excuses to avoid cooking, like the lack of freezer space(I think I showed you that once?), and how it was so tough cooking for one, so much leftovers you get tired of a food and whatever.

When I moved into a different apartment with the guys for the summer, I cooked 2x daily for me and one of them. It helped since he was was determined to avoid carbs wherever possible... which kept me thinking, "how can I still have what *I* love, and still make sure it isn't too carb-y for him?" Stuff I KNEW was better, but I wasn't able to push myself to do it on my own.

I think my body needed that "shock" from going so low-carb over the summer. Since I've been home, carbs are everywhere again. I don't have any control food-wise right now really, so I when I have options, I pick the lesser evil. It works though... I haven't undone the success I've had thus far, slowed definitely, but not undone. I think it the low carb thing helped reset me in a way.

Exercise-wise... Anything I have to get to is at least a 30 minute walk. Bikes are out of question since there's so much snow, and sidewalks are uncleared, which means half climbing over snow banks.
    Other things are just body weight exercises, or with resistance bands.

11. The Dark King

No excuses I love it

12. 4north1side2

*Daps* Boss

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Amazing results, kidders!

14. 4north1side2

Birthday weekend really threw me off track but I'm ready to get back to it.

Tonight with no rest in between workout outs.

60 fisted push ups, 25 sit ups, 20 scissor kicks, 7.08 miles on treadmill.

15. 4north1side2

Today I ran a mile in 5:31 :D

Last week I ran 1.5 miles in 9 minutes flat.

I did 31 pull ups last week but I'm resetting, I don't do dead hang pull ups so I'm not counting those anymore.

I did 510lbs on the chest press machine a couple weeks ago.

Up to 80 fisted push ups.

My shoulder has sort of healed.

On the smith machine I'm shrugging 405lbs for reps.

For me to be the the strongest and fastest I've ever been in my life, I looked surprisingly regular... "bruh do you even lift?"

I've been yo-yoing between 197lbs and 192lbs.

I drink like twice a month now.

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That's a solid time, 4north. How much distance do you put in normally?

17. 4north1side2

6.5 to 7 miles in an hour on cardio days. 1.50 to 1.60 mile in 10 minutes on lifting days. Thanks.

18. The Dark King

Are the run times on a treadmill?
    Everything else is top notch. Good work fam

19. 4north1side2

Thanks, I mix it up by pounding pavement on cardio days and being on a tread mill on lifting days. All my fastest times are via treadmill.

20. The Dark King

Figured. That motor gives a false sense of accomplishment, use to fuck up my times when I ran track in hs. The only thing is you can build insane stamina using the uphill feature when you do your runs. I try to keep it at 4% to 8% for runs and 10% on walks. The only better workout for those lungs is judo and swimming.
    I don't know if you have a beach by you but try running on that sand too CRAZY work out