Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Cher, we're all our own worst critics. I agree with Ches!

You're looking fantastic though, and working out is a good way to feel better, so keep it up girl!

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Diamonds aren't a girl's best friend - clothes are. :p

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Clothes are DEFINITELY my best friend right now lol

4. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

petty...serious question here, and please don't respond with 'because women can't do them, DUH'. HOW THE HELL DO I GET MYSELF TO DO A FUCKING PULLUP?!

Sorry, sorry, let me calm down a moment. lol

For nearly two years I've been trying. I've been watching other people do them. Some women can do them right away. Others, it took a year and a half.Strict...kipping...butterfly... some of them are freaks of nature. I'm convinced of it. lol I watch other people do them and they look so easy, and I feel like it's stupid because I can lift a lot of weight, so I SHOULD be able to do at least ONE...but I get it's not firing the same muscle groups. So, what's the solution? I am goddamn determined to get pullups this year. It's one of my new years resolutions.

I have one of those pullup bars that sits in your doorframe. I try to do negatives on it, but it's not really effective when your doorframe is really high. I can only pull myself up about two inches. If you tell me to do more handstand pushups, I might die. It would mean I'd have to do a handstand. Another new year's resolution. lol (OK, but I would do them, because that's how serious this shit is to me right now!)

5. free816

free816 New Member

6. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]G0_dN-OFa3U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JEb-dwU3VF4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8MKGArS7w7c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]51pAATvlcYY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-koP10y1qZI[/YOUTUBE]

7. TheHuntress

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:shock:

That's incredible!!! I've never seen you, so please excuse my ignorance...do you compete? I am fascinated by that kind of upper body strength in women. My son is about 60 pounds and lifting him up to smother him in big bear hugs about kills me lol.

Congrats on your success, I'm sure it takes a lot of dedication to maintain.

9. free816

free816 New Member

10. TheHuntress

Oh, thank you!! I do casual competitions, but a really good deadlift weight for women competitors is still much higher. I'm working on it, though! I was able to 1 rep max 285 recently, and I'm desperately trying for 300#! I'll post a picture later. I don't really look that muscular, though. :)

And just start lifting weights, girl! I started out with a 15# training bar, and worked my way up. Like I said, it's been almost two years, so it takes time, but it's not impossible. I'm just an average person.

11. TheHuntress

I can do 5 or 6. Max is 285, but pretty sure the sweet baby crossfit Jesus touched me that day. LOL

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

How much can you bench tho

13. TheHuntress

We don't bench much in CrossFit. I can't remember exactly, but I think the last time I did it was in the early spring and I was 95 or 100#? We do more of the other lifts...overhead squats, deadlifts, clean and jerk, snatches, etc. Should I be doing more of the bench presses in open gym? I do know that things like snatch balance, snatches, abd overhead squats are my weakest lifts.

14. Napoleon357

Napoleon357 New Member

I've been thinking of trying crossfit. I just don't don't see how I can add muscle mass,with the paleo diet and the high amount of reps involved. I am trying to get that one hand snatch down though. I'll have it by next month.

15. Napoleon357

Napoleon357 New Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  16. TheHuntress

No one does CrossFit to get big. It's about functional fitness, not how swollen you can look. If you're trying to get big, take a look at bodybuilding. :) You also don't need to do Paleo to do CrossFit. Try it and find out for yourself. :)

17. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Super psyched...down 8 lbs this week 21.8 lbs total since October :)

Feeling SEXY THAN A MAFUCCA haha

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Ahem

Sexier

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If complimenting beautiful women makes me thirsty, im gunna be dehydrated

20. Napoleon357

Napoleon357 New Member

8)