Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Excellent point. I think part of me wishes when I grab that bar that I'll just magically be able to pull myself up lol :rolleyes: Never works out that way though!

I'm starting that push up regimen tonight after my run. Thank you gorgeous!

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I know right?! I just wanna grab that bar and do like 50. Never workes out that way. Lol
    I have a friend that did a 50 pushup challenge, posting short abbreviated vids on fb to show progress. She showed how hard time she had to do the 50 ( can't remember how long it took her to do the 50, but it was a good while), then she kept at it until she could do 50 somewhat straight through and doing it in a time that was predetermined, don't remember what time. The before and after effort was amazing! It was so great to follow her progression, although I think most of us wouldn't go that far, posting bids I mean. Too much work involved imo. Lol.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Man, I'm sore! New workout and eating plan for the next month. Great way to jumpstart getting myself back on the wagon.

[​IMG]

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Why is that :confused: Those are two completely different movements. One is pushing and the other is pulling.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know right

I'd say build a strong base within the muscle groups involved before doing pull ups

Do exercises like arm curls, lat pull downs etc

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But I never met a dude who could do 50 push ups but couldn't do 10 pull ups.

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Some of us don't want to be all muscley though, we just want to be able to pull our damn chin above the bar! Push ups seem like it'll help my upper body strength, maybe allowing me to pull this ass up one day :D

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Look at the muscle groups involved in pull ups

Look at the muscle groups involved in push ups

Don't play with me lol

9. The Dark King

Not entirely. Pushups work that back

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U people are dense if you really think doing pushups will help you do pullups

11. Cherok33

Down 5.8 lbs in a week! Motivated again :)

12. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

congratz :)

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You're the kind of person I used to grumble about when I went to WW years ago. Everybody would come in all excited the first week because they'd lost 5 lbs, 6 lbs... "How much did you lose Ches?" *coughs and mutters into fist* "One lb...." :-|

Congrats, though! :smt023 It's really exciting when you see immediate results - you know you're doing something right and it makes you motivated to keep going!

14. Cherok33

Thanks! Very exciting, as I finally broke through a plateau that seemed to take forever. I've been working pretty hard, so expected results, but need to do better drinking water. Really sore from some of the exercises, especially squats...ugh but results are motivating :)

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Pix now

K thnx

16. Cherok33

at work, so obviously cannot take a pic w less clothing...but just for you
    [​IMG]

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think you need to lose an ounce. You're look perfect the way are. :)

18. The Dark King

I know this is redundant but I'd tap that. Good work

19. Cherok33

thanks, Ches. Believe me, you haven't seen me naked lol. I've had 4 kids and I have lots of toning to do (arms, thighs, tummy, back). But thank you for the support!

TDK! Wow...now that's a revelation. Thanks :)

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Awwww Ty baby