BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I kinda hate Private Practice, the black guy didn´t end with the woman, just another generic white guy...

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Respect we started practicing Spanish during quarantine

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who was the IT couple on "Grey's Anatomy"?

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean its netflix there is usually a dub version which varies in quality lol.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That always depend on regions and other parts of the world back then. Upon my studies on IR couples throughout history that I added to the historical IR couple thread I found some things that surprised me. Remember some things back then have been whitewashed for the better part of the 20th and 21st century. There are some people still putting out the lie that Mansa Musa the richest man alive was actually white.

But with that said I think Bridgerton is a fictional based account with no one really have a race determined upon them, but I would like to see these stories about black people that HAVE actually existed in such prominence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Skaddix

Mansa Musa as White? You hang out in some odd locales lol...never heard of him being whitewashed. Denials that he was actually that rich but I never seen anyone with the gall to suggest he was a white dude lol.

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Netflix originals have several audio options and some just default to English voiceover while others don't and default to subtitles. You can just click on the audio option and choose on Amazon firestick 4k. It's a bit more difficult on Apple 4k as you have to exit entirely out of the Netflix app and return to settings on the main menu. The major languages are there though.

8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

That's a new one for me too lol and I studied African history extensively enroute to my Bachelor's. He was from Mali or thereabouts so how or huh???

There was a Black upper class in Western European society in the 19th century especially in France and England. I'm not sure how extensive this Shondaland production will portray it . . . but the educated and highly skilled mulattos did launch the Haitian revolution remember and many were blessed and favored by the privilege bestowed upon them by gaining access to academic and trade schools in Europe.

9. darkcurry

lol. This was I believe in 2018 when I was watching some youtube video on ancient egypt and they had some videos over on the side menu that had youtube videos mentioning him "acutally" being white. lol.

10. Skaddix

Ah I thought u were watching Ancient Aliens or something which basically all it does is take credit from Black Africans and Brown Native Americans and give it to Aliens.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Often times I wonder if we are one in the same.

12. Skaddix

I mean there is evidence to suggest Africans made it across the seas on a fairly regular basis for a good deal of time but I am not so sure I say that makes every Native = African myself. Some Yes, a mix sure, all no in my book. But I haven't looked into it much recently.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

To be fair they would also be taking it away from white humans as well, but I did see an episode where they described the aliens or Annunaki that look similar to us. Another on where they described the sumerians and ancient egyptians to be black; and another episode where they mentioned adam & eve actually being black and his ACTUAL name being Adamu and one of the "alien experts" said Eve was white and Adamu was black. From the episodes I seen I don't see anything racist or alienwashing(lol) from it.

14. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  15. Rollx007

Apparently, people are complaining that online Ads show "too many" WW/BM sightings.
    The truth is, it's a new marketing phenomenon that draws attention to a product, film or show, by showcasing this coupling.
    The Ads could receive positive or negative attention, but It's a popular aesthetic now, as the contrast between a fair-skin woman & a dark-toned man is considered eye-catching and attractive.

Marketing companies do well with exposure, so when racists complain about seeing WW/BM on posters and trailers, it actually drives sales.
    Even when they attempt to "boycott" the product LOL

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Boycotts almost always backfire, especially when your boycott is on the wrong side of an issue. Remember when the idiots tried to boycott Nike after they sided with Colin Kaepernick? They had their most profitable week ever.

17. Rollx007

LOL I hope they boycott some more, the more they hate, the more it thrives.

18. darkcurry

I notice they go into high gear with IR love especially between black men & white women. The same with these Holiday movies. Something positive is happening or they wouldn't do it so much. So their complaints WILL be drowned out.

19. Rollx007

Did you see the recent complaints about google algorithms linking images of "happy white women" with interracial relationships with black men?
    I'm convinced that was set-up to agitate internet trolls, which reinforces the algorithm to promote those results.

20. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

If I may ask, where did you see this?