Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's hard to grasp from the complex trailer and the general plot. I'll probably check it out some time. What genre would you put it in? Drama, Horror, Thriller?

2. spiderdunk

spiderdunk Member

Ok, I saw the preview and thought they where going to have the older black guy as some abusive BF with him banging on the door, so I wasn't going watch it, but from your review I'll give it a shot tonight.

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Coming of Age Drama like "Everything Sucks" on Netflix but an
    overarching Thriller/Mystery like "Stranger Things" sans the Stephen Spielberg & Stephen King elements

. . . because its dangerous enough for adolescents in Baltimore, MD today so no need for added artificial Sci-FI threats from the 1980's.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw a episode of HBO'S We Are Who We Are. Named Right Here, Right Now lV one of the characters was a soldier who married a Italian girl.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. darkcurry

Looks good! Definitely a movie to see in the theatres. I would have waited until at least around Christmas to release it.

7. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.

8. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Finally Angelina Jolie joins IR! Now we need Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman...

9. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Portman has sex with a black man in Annihilation.

10. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I didn´t know that, I will search and try downloading it.

11. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

It's a great movie too, recommended!

12. darkcurry

I wouldn't say 'need' but Scar Jo was definitely on my list of actresses I would love to see in a IR(bmww) romance film. I always thought her and Mahershala Ali would've made gorgeous onscreen couple.

But some other actresses I would like to see in IR romance or a couple with a brotha on screen are:
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Gal Gadot
    Alicia Vikander
    Nicole Kidman
    Daisy Ridley

And for the longest Catherine Zeta-Jones

13. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

A
    I agree with your list, another name to add: MONICA BELLUCCI.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Soulthinker

Mr.Ali is slated to play Jack Johnson in a HBO movie.

15. darkcurry

I know, but they still haven't cast any one else in it yet.

16. darkcurry

I thought she already have. Or am I thinking of someone else.

17. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Monica Bellucci: She Hate Me: ...before she kisses a brother, she says..."what'sa matter...you don't like Italians..."

Jennifer Lawrence: Poker House: kisses Bokeem Woodbine before he rapes her as a teenager...

Angela Jolie: Bone Collector, Hell's Kitchen...IR both alluded to...no kissing...

Nicole Kdman: Secret in her Eyes: kisses Chiwetel Ejiofor for a moment...cut out in theatres...

others...don't hold your breath...

18. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

What went down in "Hell's Kitchen" was the most blatant example of not rocking the boat with examples of intimacy between a black man and a white woman. I was pissed. I rented that movie (remember those days) knowing it wasn't going to be any good but hoping for a lot of onscreen intimate action between Jolie and Mehki. This was arguably PEAK Jolie, before she married Brad Pitt and was still relatively unknown. She was a goddess. And the makers of the film played down the onscreen relationship she had with a black guy.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That reminds me of The Pelican Brief with Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts. The book it was based on made it very clear that the two lead characters had a sexual relationship, but they completely removed their relationship from the movie adaptation. The one difference though, is that Denzel was scared of the reaction of black women if he was in an IR scene, and I'm betting there probably was also some reservation from the movie studio about having America's sweetheart hooking up with a black man on the screen (Hollywood in the early 90s was still pretty racially conservative). It's funny that since that movie came out 27 years ago both actors have had IR relationships on screen and nobody cared. lol

20. darkcurry

Those are what you call 'intimate encounters' with black men. I'm talking about intimate relationships, romances, ect. like with what we seen with

Margot Robbie in Focus
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead in All About Nina
    Elle Fanning in All The Bright Places
    Dakota Fanning in Sweetness In The Belly
    Kate Winslet in The Mountain Between Us
    Rosamund Pike in United Kingdom
    Gemma Arteron in 100 Streets

And what we're going to get in Come Away with Angelina Jolie

*Hot and steamy encounters with love interest can count too as long as the brotha is being done wrong.