Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll check this out too. It's good to see Gary Dourdan back.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought his acting career became a victim of drug addiction, good to see him doing ok.

3. darkcurry

2 In The Bush: A Love Story - trailer

This was unconventional and a little wierd but they wrote and directed this into a cool indie romantic comedy. My gf and I watched this over the weekend out of curiousity when browsing prime because the movie poster looked interesting.

[​IMG]

4. darkcurry

Throwback Thursday

Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas reunite to
    celebrate 20-year anniversary of Save The Last Dance

[​IMG]

All three of them(Julia, Sean and Kerry) have aged GRACEFULLY!

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

A classic movie indeed.

6. darkcurry

The Gods (2017)

Stefania Spampinato from Station 19

7. darkcurry

The movie LockedDown was a pretty good adult romantic dramedy with an heist element to it. lol.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's also a romantic comedy where the love story is kind of in reverse
    The movie begins with Paxton and Linda being already exes. But because of the circumstances over in London where she lives with him they were on 'locked down' and had to live with each other. But with time spent together, both of their careers not going their way and them being fed up with this pandemic and Corporations, it led them to commiting a heist which then led them to finally getting back together, but there are signs and tensions through out the movie that their reconciliation was inevitable.

[​IMG]

This was a good datenight at home movie. The comedy on paper isn't knockout hilarious but it is helped by the two outstanding actors Chiwetel Ejiofor and Anne Hathaway. You'll get a few chuckles which is what you normally get with a dramedy. The Edgar Allan Poe bit developed into a hilarious one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It takes some material of 90's romantic dramedies and added it's own uniqueness. I was a fan of the storytelling of Paxton and Linda. It wasn't some grand romance with too much heaviness... probably because of the nature of the film but they were steady, informative of the viewer and stayed realistic with the circumstances that built their partnership.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  8. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

the first act of this film is solid. All acts thereafter loss pace and narrative momentum. The story drifts into a dramatic clutter of ideas and character beats that seem superfluous to the setup.

It sustains interest—mine at least—because Anne and Chiwetel are very charming actors.

9. Antônio Vinícius

Antônio Vinícius New Member

Simonal - 2020
    Brazilian Movie

fabr-cio-boliveira-e-isis-valverde-em-cena-cr-r-dito-paprica-fotografia-2.jpg 15652000425d4b0eaa2be19_1565200042_5x2_lg.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Trailer for "The Violent Heart" starring Jovan Adepo & Grace Van Patten dropped a couple weeks ago. The film premiered at Deauville Film Festival back in September, but it's finally getting it's theatrical & Home Digital release on February 19th:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

I'm getting Romeo & Juliette gothical vibes from this.

For it to be released this year they should really stop calling this a 2020 film since it was only seen at the Deauville Film Festival.

12. ColiBreh1

In case anybody was holding out hope that Caption Marvel & Rhodey would be a couple in the MCU, that's officially dead now:

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call anything official just yet, the website that is cited in that video is literally the only place that rumor is being reported. Also, I think it is more than a little curious that this rumor appears shortly after Brie Larsen made a video that hinted about her fluid sexuality.

However, if it is true I don't have high hopes for Captain Marvel 2. Going all-in on LGBTQ characters is really risky because liberal media aside a lot of movie-going people in the world are still not cool with gay depictions.

14. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Dude, that blog isn´t truthful, is merely a rumor. BUT if they think that, it would be awful. Carol was awful on first movie, but this would be even worst cause stereotype blond, angry man-hater, short hair woman is a lesbian... WHAT A SHOCK! I don´t like when characters are so fucking different from comics mostly. Also in terms of money bad choice, China and other "big" countries are not fans of LGTB stuffs.
    Talking about War Machine, at least I hope one love interest for him on Armor Wars, same with Falcon on Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

15. darkcurry

I didn't see them going with Rhodey & Carol regardless. There is absolutely nothing that hinted at it. The MCU doesn't really delve into the romances of the characters that much anyway. Remember how bland they wrote Natasha & Steve. lol.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Once I saw Captain Marvel I knew a comic accurate relationship with War Machine probably wouldn't work. To be honest, Tony/Pepper, Cap/Peggy, and Wanda/Vision are the only MCU couples that have any chemistry.

The sex and romance in the MCU have about a 50/50 chance of being comic book accurate. For example, in the comics, Black Widow hooked up with just about everyone except Hulk also, characters in the MCU are a lot less promiscuous than their comic book counterparts. If Black Widow was the way she is in the comics she would have banged Tony way back in Iron-Man 2, she would have banged Hawkeye before Avengers, and she probably would have taken Caps virginity in The Winter Soldier.

Speaking of Black Widow, I think she would have made a better LGBTQ character than Captain Marvel, being an international super spy it would make a lot more sense that she has been with every gender under the sun, but of course now that door is shut.

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean I didnt think it happen in the movies so its hard to care one way or another lol

18. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Black Widow bi? No thanks, if they really want a lesbian or bi Marvel has other superheroines, about "every gender" she mostly teases, she barely kisses any of her "foes", less sex, mostly criminal organizations are handled by men. I´m just happy first and last Natasha movie she will have a black guy as love interest, MCU a long time ago own us that

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not invested in Black Widow's sex life at all. I'm just saying that it makes sense that a character who was a super spy ( a job that requires deep cover missions) having fluid sexuality. As for criminal organizations, sure in reality most of them are guy heavy, but spy/action movies almost always have a fairly substantial female presence.

Natasha was trained in a super strict spy school to do all kinds of things. Fury put it best in Winter Soldier when he said "Romanoff is comfortable with everything" If there was a mission that required that she goes in deep as a bi/lesbian she wouldn't bat an eye.

I know Natasha has been portrayed in the MCU as an highly skilled tease, but her comic book counterpart literally banged half the men in the Marvel universe, and probably a woman or two.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  20. ColiBreh1

I still haven't watched "Tenet" yet. Did they have a IR in the film or nah?