Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter if Trump actually likes racist extremist groups, because they believe that he likes them and so they in turn like him. And if anyone thinks Trump's symbiotic relationship with right-wing extremist groups is mirrored on the left they are clearly not paying attention.

The extreme left doesn't like Biden and he doesn't like them, the only thing they have in common is their hate for Trump.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The "extreme left" doesn't hate Trump, quite the opposite

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fear mongering would suggest these people aren't considered the biggest terrorist threat to American lives. The FBI said this not a right wing propaganda machine. Don't spread lies

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I meant the "far left" you know, the protesters and YouTube progressives.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Seeing as the far-left literally starts riots when conservative media personalities like Ben Shapiro or Ann Coulter try to speak at college campuses, I don't see how you came to the conclusion they don't hate Trump. Guaranteed they are gonna be acting a fool if Trump wins re-election.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  6. The Dark King

What's the body count?

7. ColiBreh1

Last time I checked there have been like 30-something people killed during the riots this year.

8. The Dark King

And who was responsible for those deaths?

9. RicardoCooper

Uh...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/autho...t-extremists-are-behind-violence-at-protests/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

10. RicardoCooper

I know. It's called the Horseshoe Theory

"In political science and popular discourse,[1] the horseshoe theory asserts that the far-left and the far-right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, closely resemble one another, analogous to the way that the opposite ends of a horseshoe are close together. The theory is attributed to French philosopher and writer Jean-Pierre Faye.[2] Proponents of the theory point to a number of similarities between the far-left and the far-right, including their supposed propensity to gravitate to authoritarianism or totalitarianism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

11. ColiBreh1

I'm familiar with the horseshoe theory. And based off how both the intersectional Left & the actual Alt-right/Richard Spencer obsess over identity politics, I can't really disagree with.

The problem with your logic in this situation is Trump isn't Far-right. If you break down the issues that Trump ran on in 2016 he's basically Center-right/Moderate.

Even left-leaning media outlets like Vox had to admit it:

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/2/20677656/donald-trump-moderate-extremism-penalty
    [​IMG]

Key paragraph from the opening segment of the article:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-10-4_12-14-9.jpeg

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NYC this morning, supporters showing love to The POTUS

[​IMG]

Rallies of support were(are) occurring all over the country this weekend.

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

15. RicardoCooper

Never said Trump himself was far-right. But his followers are.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Exactly, I can't think of a president in my lifetime that was as beloved by far-right extremists as Trump is.

17. The Dark King

Reagan???

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Republican party under Reagan would have thought themselves too respectable to court far-right extremists. Reagan was as racist as anyone but he wouldn't let himself be seen as outwardly racist.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No different than Obama beloved by far-Left extremists.

And let's not ignore that twice Presidential contender Bernie's followers are also far far left-wing supporters.

20. The Dark King

Bernies followers don't kill
    And what far left folk loved Obama
    Again show me the left version of Dylan Roof or Kyle Rittenhouse?