The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

They lost me at John Cena...

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

First two of Flash, too.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That will be my first day back to the big screen.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I agree, a different kind of fire, but, fire either way.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Probably the right decision... I was feeling this as a summer blockbuster anyway. So it seems like they are kind of just reseting because it is coming out around the same time it was suppose to come out this year. Smart move business wise although I believe it could've broken some streaming records.

6. darkcurry

‘The Boys’ Spinoff Put On Fast-Track Development At Amazon Following Mothership’s Record Season 2 Launch
    [​IMG]

https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-bo...on-record-season-2-launch-ratings-1234584256/

Amazon’s superhero series The Boys is getting a spinoff set in superhero college.

The project, written by The Boys executive producer Craig Rosenberg, had been in the works for awhile. It is being fast-tracked in light of the success of the original series’ second season which marked the most-watched global launch of an Amazon Original series ever. The Boys’ first season already had set a high viewership mark for Amazon when it debuted in summer 2019. In its first two weeks, Season 2 has nearly doubled the Season 1 worldwide audience (+89%), drawing millions of new viewers each week.

Set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (and run by Vought International), the Untitled Boys Spinoff is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of The Boys.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Really going off the comic book combining some tried and true ideas with Amazon's Top Show IP. Logically it makes sense.

Depends on the casting for me and the powers.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Samuel L. Jackson Set To Reprise NICK FURY Role For New Untitled Marvel/Disney+ Series

[​IMG]

Variety is reporting that Academy Award-nominee Samuel L. Jackson (Avengers: Endgame; Spider-Man: Far From Home) has closed a deal to return as Nick Fury in an upcoming Marvel Studios-produced Disney+ series that is currently in the earliest stages of development.

Further details are currently locked away at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, but Kyle Bradstreet (Mr. Robot; Copper) has been tapped to write and excutive produce the series.

Jackson has signed on for a leading role in this mystery series, but it's unclear whether it will be a purely Nick Fury-centric spy series or if he'll lead a larger ensemble. A Secret Invasion series has been previously rumored to be in the works, and is probably the safest bet, but fans are already busy speculating that a S.W.O.R.D. series could be on the way, especially considering that last we saw Fury he was somewhere deep in space with the Skrulls.

This new series would be the twelfth time Jackson has worn the eyepatch, well into his second decade paying the part after his debut in 2008's Iron Man. He has since appeared in Marvel Cinematic Universe follow-ups Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, and Spider-Man: Far From Home.

He is next expected to lend his voice to Marvel Studios' What If...?, which is slated to debut on Disney+ in 2021.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Mr. Jackson is 70 years old so I'm guessing it's not going to be very action-packed, but he is one of those actors that elevate anything he is a part of, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I wonder since Stumptown was canceled if Cobie Smulders will reprise her role as Maria Hill? Maybe this show will even dive into the exact nature of their relationship.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

BLACK ADAM Finds Its Hawkman In STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON & JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK Star Aldis Hodge

[​IMG]

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that rising star Aldis Hodge (Straight Outta Compton; Jack Reacher: Never Go Back; The Invisible Man) has joined the cast of Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema's Black Adam.

He'll portray archaeologist Carter Hall, a.k.a. the perpetually reincarnated superhero Hawkman and will serve as a key member of the Justice Society of America, who will have a significant role to play in the upcoming 2021 DC Comics superhero blockbuster that will star Dwayne Johnson (Red Notice; Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw; Jumanji: The Next Level) in the title role.

Joining Hodge will be up-and-comer Noah Centineo (Charlie's Angels; To All The Boys I've Loved Before; Masters of the Universe), who will play his JSA teammate Atom Smasher. Additional leading roles of Doctor Fate and Cyclone are still currently being cast, so expect to get more news on that front in the not-so-distant future.

Jaume Collet-Serra (Jungle Cruise; The Commuter) is directing with a revised screenplay from Informer scribes Rory Haines and Sohrab Noshirvani. Adam Sztykiel (Rampage; Scoob!) penned an earlier draft.

Black Adam is currently slated to hit theaters December 22, 2021, but with production unlikely to begin until early next year, that release date is very likely subject to change.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The film industry is under the delusion that the gender/race swapping of existing characters is progress.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Hmm, I read Hawkman comics, he has a reencarnation thing throught time and space, I don´t thing it´s "bad" making one Hawkman encarnation a black man, better if his Hawkgirl is a redhead goddess, I mean, CW featured a black hawkgirl and a white hawkman, why not switching places this time, it could be first black man x white woman couple on DCEU movie.

• List
  13. SilverSmith

And then there's this:
    YaraShahidi Cast as Tinkerbell in Disney's Live-Action Peter Pan Pic [​IMG]

Disney continues to make strides in diversifying its classic characters and is doing it again as sources tell Deadline that Grown-ish star Yara Shahidi is set to play Tinker Bell in David Lowery’s Peter Pan and Wendy. This would mark the first time a person of color has filled the role that traditionally has featured a white actress and follows in the footsteps after Disney set Halle Bailey to play Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

Shahidi joins Jude Law, who will play Captain Hook, as well as Alexander Molony and Ever Anderson, who will play the title characters. Lowery is on board to direct the project and also co-wrote the script with Toby Halbrooks. Jim Whitaker is producing.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y6cd9y8n

• List
  14. SilverSmith

First look @ Javicia Leslie as the CW's new Batwoman

[​IMG]

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. darkcurry

I don't ever remember any version of him being black... but Green Lantern who is also rumored to be in this movie have been black. Their continued overlooking of comic book characters that are already black is starting to look suspicious. I get it that it's a totally different universe than the comic book universe but there are some pretty good black comic book characters that actual fans would LOVE to see in live action movies or TV shows.

17. thwurefet5

thwurefet5 New Member

They’ve been ignoring Black characters for years in the comics. Cyborg is really the only one that’s gotten a push in recent years, to unpromising success. One reason that failed is because they tried to upend his history with the Titans and rewrite his status quo as a co-founder of the Justice League.

DC’s poor creativity with minority characters stems from writers that don’t care about the minority characters they’re assigned to write and from their apprehension to cede any significant amount of the direct market to characters that aren’t (or aren’t related to) the Trinity.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they are doing the Justice Society and they do put a Green Lantern in it chances are it will be Alan Scott since that character is always connected to the Justice Society in almost every incarnation that's been done in the comics. Considering they made Alan Scott gay in the New 52 version of the character, they more than likely to go that route with a Justice Society Green Lantern to check off the representation boxes.

As far as a black Hawkman goes I don't see what the issue is considering that Carter Hall's original Prince Khufu incarnation of ancient Egyptian probably was African/Egyptian. All they are doing is correcting an obvious white washing (Ala Gods of Egypt) of a character that has been going on for decades. Black Hawkman still works even if they did the alien Thanagarian version as well. White bois can just be mad.....

• List
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And also another reason why they are probably going with a black version of Hawkman, especially if they are playing up the Egyptian reincarnation aspect, is to have some connection to Black Adam from back when he was around in ancient Egyptian. More than likely have the two characters being old friends or enemies in their past lives since Captain Marvel/Shazam won't be in the movie.

• List
  20. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

The only real reason a POC gets a push at DC is to spite some other character. Thus we have Jessica Cruz GL cause Geoff Johns hated John Stewart infringing on Hal Jordan. Wally West is Black now cause Dan Didio and Geoff Johns hated Redhaired Wally West being a threat to Barry Allen. But they never capitalized on John Stewart run in Justice League, Static's Static Shock show, Cyborg I guess they tried from the Teen Titans but took out everything good about him, Cass Cain they destroyed even though she had the long running solo, Blue Beetle is mostly lip service but he did get into Injustice. The record over the 2000s is appalling. Meanwhile over at Marvel....X-23, Miles Morales, and Kamala Khan scored major videogame and movie/tv appearances.

Cyborg was a terrible choice he is an ensemble character and I like him on say Doom Patrol or the Teen Titans Cartoon. He is not Justice League material. For one, he infringes on Batman's niche of being the tech person. Like any new addition to the Justice League needs to do something a core member doesn't already do especially the trinity.
    Tech/Money and Detective work are the two major things Batman does on the JL cause usually they fight things he cannot exactly punch out. Cyborgs design doesn't look cool compared to Iron Man, like really your selling us Black Guys a dickless robot?

Though I should note changing Aquaman to Pacific Islander worked for DC's Movies. So yeah I think Hawkman is fine. I was big fan of Hodge in Leverage. The Rock is selling this anyway. And Hawkman reincarnates all the time.

Really the issue is they want to broaden their demo but the comics don't provide much recent material to use for most POC.

Hero Wise...Viable and I am stretching for some of this but in terms of TV and Movies

Black: John Stewart (GL), Black Lightning, Vixen, Cyborg Static (Teen), Aqualad (Teen)....Steel...and new Wally (Teen)
    Asian: Cass Cain (Teen)....Atom,...Dr Light and Dr Fate is probably going to be Arab I guess no wonder they cast Jason Momoa slim pickings...Damian I guess but he usually looks pretty White lol
    Latino: Blue Beetle (Teen), Jessica Cruz (GL).......Aquagirl

So yeah no wonder they want to do some racebending lol.