The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The first season was good. The second was also good. The third season was just so damn bad... I just couldn’t get through it. I wanted to, but it was just too damn bad.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yup. I quit watching after it left CBS. The FX went down to 90s syndicated sci-fi show levels and they wrote out the Ally Mc Beal chick to trim the budget. I think one of the last ones I remember watching was when she teamed up with The Flash. I liked Melissa though she looked good in the suit.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That was for political reasons. They did write ups on it being to make her a more sophisticated hero and empowered female. They want WW out of her amazon outfit as well.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/why-a-skirt-isnt-necessary-for-supergirl-and-wonder-woman

https://www.insider.com/the-cw-supergirl-melissa-benoist-suit-with-pants-details-interview-2019-10

Didn't know pants were so powerful! lol. Didn't bother me or much of the male fanbase(thought she looked good.) until they made it an political issue targeting men and tried to paint the male fanbase out as sexist... more so the femla fanbase of this show which tells me the demographic of what kind of women must watch this show. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And that's why they're getting cancelled catering to non-existent fan base while shitting on the one that made them a show in the first place

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean that is the CW's Bread and Butter...as for 100 I hear they finally killed Bellamy guess they realized he wasn't White.

6. darkcurry

Ratings were down significantly last time I checked. I don't know what they're doing now, but they were down like 40 something percent from their first two seasons.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  7. The Dark King

Makes me very happy. Have as many romantic teen shows as you want but if you're entire narrative is bashing men then be prepared when the demographic who made the industry what it is just loses interest. I kept hearing about all these mythical female fans who wanted representation but I'm sure they didn't want it like this. Shows like Xena and Buffy thrived on the network because they knew how to write fun stuff without making more than half their viewers the enemy simply just for existing

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

On Tuesday, Bungie revealed more details on Europa, Destiny 2’s newest destination, coming with Destiny 2: Beyond Light on Nov. 10.

Players get a good glimpse of Europa’s many environments, and a look at Variks’ face, who hasn’t ever appeared in Destiny 2.

credit: Polygon

9. meowkittenmeow

The vast majority of these shows will be cancelled. They are too expensive to make and they cater to an audience that doesn’t exist.

10. The Dark King

Exactly
    TV is essentially dead anyway

11. SilverSmith

Hulu has released the official Helstrom trailer, based on the Marvel Comics character Daimon Hellstrom, the son of Satan. All 10 episodes of the horror series, starring Tom Austen and Sydney Lemmon, will premiere October 16.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

It's all politics and money. At the end of the day they are businesses looking to make whatever can make them money. But as ratings have been showing, that "woke" crowd isn't as big as they thought it was. So it isn't very profitable therefore I think we will see a change... because like I said at the end of the day it is all about what can make them money.

13. darkcurry

I'm interested. Hopefully The Boys & Raised By Wolves seasons will be over by then for me to watch this because of right now my TV time is full. lol.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Games like this and Star Wars (The fallen order) look good. I've seen some of the Star Wars gameplay on Youtube. I want a similar game that also has action in the spaceships as well as on the ground. Something where you can travel to other planets and war with others along the way, then explore other planets when you get there. Basically war in space and adventure. exploration and fighting on the ground.

Is there anything like that out yet?

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Looks like Star Wars Battlefield 2 is kinda what I'm looking for. I wonder if they have a first person option while you're in the Jet.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

James Gunn To Write And Direct PEACEMAKER Series For HBO Max Starring John Cena

[​IMG]

Before starting work on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, James Gunn will write and direct a new prequel series revolving around John Cena's Peacemaker!

It's been confirmed today that HBO Max has ordered an eight-episode series titled Peacemaker starring John Cena and written and (partially) directed by James Gunn. The character will be part of Task Force X in The Suicide Squad, and it seems those claims that the former WWE Superstar steals the show were accurate if he's worthy of his own TV show!

Gunn will write all eight episodes and helm the first instalment, along with a number of others, before working on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 for Marvel Studios.

This is an interesting way to expect the world of The Suicide Squad, and it's likely we'll follow Peacemaker's story from the very start right up until he somehow becomes part of Task Force X. This is something that could be done with any of the villains, so it will be interesting seeing what makes Peacemaker so special.

Here is the press release with further details and comments from Gunn and Cena:

LOS ANGELES – September 23, 2020 – Oh f*ck, it’s Peacemaker! HBO Max is set to explore the origins of the Peacemaker character, the master of weapons from the highly anticipated upcoming The Suicide Squad film, in the new Max Original action-adventure-comedy series Peacemaker. HBO Max has given a straight-to-series order of eight episodes for the first season of the show. John Cena will reprise his role from The Suicide Squad movie to star in the series, and the film’s acclaimed writer/director James Gunn will write all eight episodes of Peacemaker and will direct multiple episodes, including the first. Gunn and The Suicide Squad producer Peter Safran will serve as executive producers of the series, with Cena as co-executive producer. Based on characters from DC, Peacemaker will be produced by Gunn’s Troll Court Entertainment and The Safran Company in association with Warner Bros. Television. Peacemaker is scheduled to begin production in early 2021, prior to Gunn beginning work on the next Guardians of the Galaxy film.

While details about Peacemaker are being kept under wraps, the series will explore the origins of the character that Cena will play in the upcoming film, a man who believes in peace at any cost — no matter how many people he has to kill to get it. The series will extend the world that Gunn is creating for The Suicide Squad movie, which is scheduled to be released in theaters by Warner Bros. Pictures on August 6, 2021.

James Gunn said: "Peacemaker is an opportunity to delve into current world issues through the lens of this superhero/supervillain/and world’s biggest douchebag. I’m excited to expand The Suicide Squad and bring this character from the DC film universe to the full breadth of a series. And of course, to be able to work again with John, Peter, and my friends at Warner Bros. is the icing on the cake."

John Cena said: "I have said before that it has been a tremendous honor and an incredible opportunity to be part of The Suicide Squad and to work with James on what is going to be a fantastic movie. I am unbelievably excited to have the chance to team up with him again for Peacemaker. We can’t wait for fans to see this."

"James Gunn has the unique ability to create an expansive universe while also bringing to life the soul and wit of each character. We look forward to a deep dive into the world of Peacemaker," said Casey Bloys, Chief Content Officer for HBO and HBO Max.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. SilverSmith

Black Widow Postponed Until 2021, Pushing Back Other Marvel Movies

In a predictable fashion, Disney is delaying Black Widow to 2021 as the company continues to navigate the current theatrical landscape during the COVID-19 pandemic. This marks the first time since 2009 that a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie hasn’t been released in a calendar year.

Black Widow will now open on May 7th, 2021 — more than one year after it was originally scheduled to be released. Like with other Marvel delays, Black Widow’s new date pushes Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings back from its May 7th, 2021 release date to July 9th, 2021.

The Eternals
    , which was supposed to follow Black Widow is moving from February 12th, 2021 to November 5th, 2021. A number of other Disney films, including West Side Story and The King’s Man, were also moved around as part of the shuffle.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y56qkwhu

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Too bad. This one I would've paid $29.99 to see VOD.

19. meowkittenmeow

The vast majority of the writers are a part of a "certain ideology", and they assume everyone else is, too. I will admit, those first three seasons of arrow were fire.

20. meowkittenmeow

Very true. All of the good content will be streaming.